• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

ModBot said:
Instructions for iNvid02:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iNvid02, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- MB-7C20B9413919C535 - Taken by PunishedSnake
insert moon joke here

xBladeM6x

And there's this
idL2pmTIIhvHS.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I like her voice acting a lot, and she hardly remembers anything from her life for half of the game, watching her trying to rediscover who she once was, was pretty interesting.

Geralt lost his memory also, but he didn't seem to mind it too much.

And there's this
idL2pmTIIhvHS.gif

pig

also geralt has a really strong personality, i love geralt.

remember me girl is kind of like peter parker having his great responsibility speech memory erased

You should be playing Remember Me in French. No joke.
oooo i really like this idea

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it fully subtitles? i tried playing metro 2033 in russian but all of the background chatter wasn't subtitled so I felt like i was missing half of the game.

the 2 minutes i've tried it, seems so

also errorist sounds a lot less stupid in french

still pretty stupid

edit: ok some background chatter isn't subtitled. i know french so i don't mind :p

For liking ass?

also geralt has a really strong personality, i love geralt.

remember me girl is kind of like peter parker having his great responsibility speech memory erased
I didn't say he doesn't have a great personality, I was saying he got amnesia, not a thorough memory wipe. Nillin can't even remember what she does when she was introduced, and she needed time to explore her lost abilities.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe they are having problem with PC port, I still remember Stranger's Wrath and how it was unplayable (maybe one day I'll give it a try with the new PC).

I feel that JAW would have said something by now if there weren't a contract in the way.

Edit: Stranger's Wrath is fine these days, by the way. You'll want to enable vsync, though, as the game doesn't have a framerate cap and so it'll cause your GPU/s to shoot up to 90%+ load.

Berto

I've been playing New Vegas, just exploring, no quests for now. I'm having a blast, it's the STALKER fix I needed :D

zkylon

zkylewd
For liking ass?
for bringing ass into personality discussion >:3

I didn't say he doesn't have a great personality, I was saying he got amnesia, not a thorough memory wipe. Nillin can't even remember what she does when she was introduced, and she needed time to explore her lost abilities.
yea i just think this trope has been done to death to the point it's no fun at all

i'm overall a big amnesia hater tho

I've been playing New Vegas, just exploring, no quests for now. I'm having a blast, it's the STALKER fix I needed :D
:>

do quests tho, new vegas is pretty stalker-y but it's not quite and the quest design is really really good

kiyomi

oooo i really like this idea

It works really nicely because the whole game is very much French, from the designs to the location (obviously), and I think I actually enjoyed the story more overall in French as well, possibly because sometimes I find English voice acting to sound corny and too fake.

Is it fully subtitles? i tried playing metro 2033 in russian but all of the background chatter wasn't subtitled so I felt like i was missing half of the game.

Yeah, I tried Metro 2033 in Russian as well and while I think it's a good experience, you miss out on some stuff. Although, there is an argument that actually not understanding every little piece of background chatter actually makes you feel more alienated and in a different world. However, that doesn't make sense when your character is Russian.

I'm pretty sure almost all of Remember Me is subtitled when you play it in French, but it's been about a year since I played it on PS3. I should replay it on PC some day.

Been a while since I've given anything away, so, enjoy! :)

As always, let me know if there's a problem with a key.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-3482B4B063CA419A - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 7 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-DBDD15986A180D37 - Taken by prudislav. 4 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-9DEF7723EDA0E8E9 - Taken by Pakkidis. 7 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy -- MB-662ED356B0995DCE - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-EB14ED7E420FBE7E - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
CastleMinerZ -- MB-93B8BB2AF8DFEA6C - Taken by Daedalos42. 2 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-55D8364D18561638 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition -- MB-CB05F8636553F7D5 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 32 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-C90A795EEF70C6C3 - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.

t1411239573z1.png

kiyomi

That's great but I'm really here to praise you on having a Last Express avatar.

I bought that game a couple of months ago having never heard of it and although I haven't finished it, it's probably my favourite adventure game ever. Everyone needs to play it.

Space Hack is free currently and Receiver and Warlock were free but maybe some missed them.
Warlock Master of the Arcane and Gun Monkeys do have cards, so hey, free money.
Warlock needs to get activated before 22.09. and Receiver 29.09. I hear, so do asap.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Space Hack -- MB-B5C58CBF434B348D - Taken by bluechox2
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-018189F6705909F5 - Taken by Jadax
Receiver - -- MB-3860FD37370E6864
Palm Kingdoms (IndieGameStand) -- MB-938D27A58140E80D
Gun Monkeys -- MB-911C5965D7AB9EE5
Don't care about these games or +1, so maybe they'll find a better home.

Lomax

Shadowcrypt is balls fucking hard.

Hardest game I played this year? Probably. Brings back the Ninja Gaiden feeling that even regular enemies are capable of killing you from full health.

In what way is it hard? Because too many games like this seem to think that the god awful unresponsive controls and unfair deaths of old school NES games is something to emulate.

Deitus

Yv0r6P.gif

Super cool of Kojima! Still Cats > Dogs

I don't know why, but seeing that Quiet actually helps you out within the gameplay (no idea if that is a limited thing, or throughout the game), and the dog video (both the puppy and the adult parts) have gotten me more excited about MGS V than anything else I've seen since I played Ground Zeroes (which gave me a sense for how that style of game would work with an open environment). Definitely going to buy that day one on the PC.

You guys are crazy, I dip my pizza into ranch dressing.

Wait, so you put mayo on your pizza, and then dip that into ranch dressing? Excuse me while I vomit.

zkylon

zkylewd
It works really nicely because the whole game is very much French, from the designs to the location (obviously), and I think I actually enjoyed the story more overall in French as well, possibly because sometimes I find English voice acting to sound corny and too fake.
yea it's kinda hard cos the subtitles are so small and my french is pretty rusty but i find it way more enjoyable this way

at least these characters have something interesting to them now

Yeah, I tried Metro 2033 in Russian as well and while I think it's a good experience, you miss out on some stuff. Although, there is an argument that actually not understanding every little piece of background chatter actually makes you feel more alienated and in a different world. However, that doesn't make sense when your character is Russian.

I'm pretty sure almost all of Remember Me is subtitled when you play it in French, but it's been about a year since I played it on PS3. I should replay it on PC some day.
it for sure is missing a lot of ambient dialogue subtitles

like ppl around the streets saying egalite fraternite whatever and no subtitles

i don't think it's too annoying as i really don't generally pay attention to what random npcs say in these games

I've always thought that ass is a pretty important personality trait.
double pig

edit: ok your edit takes you back to regular pig.

Yakkue

Final Fantasy IV is a ton of fun. I hope someday the whole series will be on steam.
Also hoping for Dragon Quest.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, I brought it up in a "nice ass btw" way, I didn't say her ass defines her.
i feel like her ass does define her a lot as you're in nathan drake cam a lot of the time and like you climb a ladder and camera is creeping right behind her

i can appreciate a good butt but this is kind of pushing it too far lol

Vuze

Woah, so LYNE apparently has some Cipher-Metagame-thingy that I just unlocked after about 15 hours. I think I've never gotten that much out of a 1€ game.

Berto

That's great but I'm really here to praise you on having a Last Express avatar.

I bought that game a couple of months ago having never heard of it and although I haven't finished it, it's probably my favourite adventure game ever. Everyone needs to play it.
Yeah it's an amazing game. It's the best game no one played :D

Jawmuncher

I feel that JAW would have said something by now if there weren't a contract in the way.

Edit: Stranger's Wrath is fine these days, by the way. You'll want to enable vsync, though, as the game doesn't have a framerate cap and so it'll cause your GPU/s to shoot up to 90%+ load.

Sorry I wouldn't tell you guys even if I knew anything.

Uzzy

Except, you know, it being the basic theme of the game

Not really. The main theme of the game seems to be 'don't run away from your past', which the memory altering tech allows people to do by editing out bad memories.
Mostly because that creates an AI who feels really quite bad.

That's different to rewriting people's personalities. Nilin never pays any price for rewriting
Olga or her parents entire life goals
to get what she wants, and the only real consequence of the
Frank
remix is that she feels bad about what happened. None of the moral implications of those remixes are discussed.

I don't know why, but seeing that Quiet actually helps you out within the gameplay (no idea if that is a limited thing, or throughout the game), and the dog video (both the puppy and the adult parts) have gotten me more excited about MGS V than anything else I've seen since I played Ground Zeroes (which gave me a sense for how that style of game would work with an open environment). Definitely going to buy that day one on the PC.
Yup, the more I hear and see the more I get excited. GZ should unlock on Steam as soon as possible. A simultaneous release would be bad me thinks. 3-6 months between GZ and PP would be optimal to keep hype steady.
Also, in the jungle video I got a sense of how playing with Quiet will look like. As a sniper she's usually pretty far away, so her outfit won't be that distracting. Besides her mean and serious demeanor :p

i feel like her ass does define her a lot as you're in nathan drake cam a lot of the time and like you climb a ladder and camera is creeping right behind her

What?

I don't remember that at all.

Vlad

Woah, so LYNE apparently has some Cipher-Metagame-thingy that I just unlocked after about 15 hours. I think I've never gotten that much out of a 1€ game.

What the? I have no idea what that even means, but now I'm intrigued.

Parsnip

So I had some serious crashing issues with Deadly Premonition before. Tried all the suggested fixes, compatibility modes etc, didn't really help. But changing the exe to be large address aware seems to have helped. Maybe it's just a coincidence and Swery is just smiling upon me now, I'll take it either way.

double pig

edit: ok your edit takes you back to regular pig.

Phew.

Diamond Doge <3

Oh, I thought its name was DD because Kojima
likes big boobies

Woah, so LYNE apparently has some Cipher-Metagame-thingy that I just unlocked after about 15 hours. I think I've never gotten that much out of a 1&#8364; game.

Yeah, I still have to figure out what that's about as at the moment I have no clue, I just saw there are some "guessing" threads around on the official board.

By the way I would recommend you to check daily levels, there are some good ones that I enjoyed more than some regular sets - I gather I must have played a bunch of them, since I have unlocked all colour-sets and have to beat yet a fews of the main levels.

Miguel81

I've been desensitized to "too much buttocks" shots after playing MGS4. Old Snake must workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom