• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
I've waiting for them too, but only one thing is for sure: the game will be BIG (like in HD size), as it uses ID Tech 5 lol. Perhaps you should take a look -for now- at Wolfenstein: The New Order requirements (which uses the same engine), as I bet they will be similar (but, of course that I'm just speculating).

That game is a monster. If Evil Within is close to that I *might* be able to play it. Never thought I'd be considering upgrades this soon, lol (this is my first true gaming PC).

Miguel81

No one truly understands the plot, I doubt kojima himself does. However the games sure are fun, and for what its worth, I dont get the plot but I really like it. The key is to not take it seriously :)

That's what I have to do for 2 and 4. 1 and 3 are Kojima in non-troll mode so they are much better overall games IMO.

Volimar

Even if you buy it on Steam, you have to use Uplay anyways. And for $4, it's a no-brainer, the game is great.

Yup to all of this. I really enjoyed blacklist. And there are uplay rewards you can unlock like special equipment. Honestly, having it on uplay didn't really bug me much.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
AVGN was never funny, but James kinda is when he's just being James and not playing a character. I'll throw him a buck for the game.

I liked him when I was younger, though I agree that him talking about the games has always been more entertaining to me than his cursing. The game is pretty bad though, but it's just 0,80

MadGear

The rather large problem is that uplay is really fucking shit as a game downloader and updater.
Still, I bought it, I guess I'll suffer through it...

Yeah, noticed this with Blood Dragon where uplay didn't download all of the updates and i was greeted by another download when i expected to be ready to play.
Also bought it, really wanted to play it for a while now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm a weirdo.. It's either Steam or no deal.. I guess I'll wait for a Winter Sale.

... and that's why ubisoft can get away with pricing their games on steam at 60€ and not giving steam keys to ANY retailers any more

don't worry - I'm the same ... I can wait for as long as it takes for their games to be somewhat reasonably priced on steam

Monooboe

So if I buy Splinter Cell: Blacklist I can't redeem it on Steam? I'm really tempted to get it at that price.

I really liked the game and only have it on uplay, which I don't mind at all. So I say get it if you already have uplay on your computer.

Edit: nevermind.:p Saw your post about steam only.^^;

madjoki

I'm a weirdo.. It's either Steam or no deal.. I guess I'll wait for a Winter Sale.

Yeah, uPlay is pretty bad at downloads and I strongly prefer Steam+uPlay over uPlay. That's not the only advantage, buying DLC with Steam Wallet/TF2-keys is nice addition too.

Ezalc

Spend about 20 bucks on steam games or trade games with friends and try to get live cash to use on pokemon in november. Hmm

zkylon

zkylewd
butts: case in point

3030902706DF97AAACCA9077BD838EE3F922E4A6

i feel like most cutscenes start with this kind of shot

i mean the outfits on the gross looking junkies on the back is super tight too but for some reason i don't think the camera's interested in them

edit: ok most is kind of a lie but a good amount of them for sure

Lomax

Life is Feudal: Your Own looks kinda interesting but how the hell does an indie dev justify charging $40 for an early access game?

Well, it's been sitting at #2 on the steam best sellers list pretty much since it was released, so it seems like they made the right choice. Honestly with a game design like that, they are probably better off with fewer, more dedicated players early on than a bunch of people not as invested.

How is Un-Epic guys???

I enjoy it but you may want to try the demo first to see if you like the humor, a lot of people don't.

kiyomi

butts: case in point

i feel like most cutscenes start with this kind of shot

i mean the outfits on the gross looking junkies on the back is super tight too but for some reason i don't think the camera's interested in them

They missed a ripe opportunity to get Diesel to stick a big ole' label on the back of her butt for their jeans, DMC2 style.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently 970 is better then 780 in some cases (Probably will get more-so with driver optimizations over time)

The 970 is a wee bit faster than the 780 but trails slightly behind the 780 Ti, however its overclockability can more than close the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom