• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

With emulators + add non-steam game to library already accomplished this.

I know what you mean. :p
I guess that would be a way ;) But I just really want to own them on steam to replay them on a bigger screen (already own IV-IX on (3)DS/PS2).

Anyway, here are some games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lili: Child of Geos -- MB-1E256364060A7F29 - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-735EF838FB77E9B0 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-8E1D9F6C3C221B6B - Taken by Fox318. 2 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-75DA3BC69023A4C6 - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-B251EE00B1BE701F - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-86A5401409B71CD1 - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals - The Race (DLC) -- MB-7FFDE8BBC5A4883A - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers - Rio Fever (DLC) -- MB-F9CA192EAF9D60E1 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.

t1411231293z1.png

Hmmm, it seems none answered my question.
Is there a chance the sims 3 expansion to get on sale? I just don't want to pay 20 for each one them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a chance the sims 3 expansion to get on sale? I just don't want to pay 20 for each one them.

If nothing else, it'll definitely be discounted throughout the Autumn and Winter Sales (late November and late December, respectively) and will quite likely be discounted further as a featured deal during the latter.

I considered gambling on FFXIII, then I saw that we don't even get an English voice option. Why Square? Not everyone in Asia speaks Japanese.

Turfster

Not really. They do about a sale once a year I think of various expansions on Origin.
Also, wow, you can get them for 20? They're 40€ here (lolololol)

xBladeM6x

I considered gambling on FFXIII, then I saw that we don't even get an English voice option. Why Square? Not everyone in Asia speaks Japanese.

If you go to the Steam forum for FFXIII, it's just constant bitching that there's no JP voice acting option in the english version.

MRORANGE

A big thanks to freshVeggie for Receiver

Had it on my wishlist but didn't bother to check the latest Humble Buindle

Thanks again!

Deitus

Yup, the more I hear and see the more I get excited. GZ should unlock on Steam as soon as possible. A simultaneous release would be bad me thinks. 3-6 months between GZ and PP would be optimal to keep hype steady.
Also, in the jungle video I got a sense of how playing with Quiet will look like. As a sniper she's usually pretty far away, so her outfit won't be that distracting. Besides her mean and serious demeanor :p

I agree. With all of the controversy around Quiet, it's good to see that she will serve as more than a plot device and some fanservice. She appears to be a legitimate badass, even if she is a bit... well, quiet. Not that it excuses her costume in any way.

Does MGS5 include the Big Shell from MGS2? Or a construct that served as its predecessor?

The concept of Outer Heaven is a common theme with Big Boss, an independent state for soldiers, free from the influence of governments. The Oil Rig turned military base seen in MGS V is just one incarnation of it.

In MGS1, when Liquid declared Shadow Moses an independent state, he renamed it Outer Heaven, as a continuation of Big Boss' ideals. Since the Big Shell incident was designed to duplicate the events of MGS1, it could be said that Big Shell was a version of Outer Heaven as well (also, I think Solidus directly referred to it as such, but I can't remember). It is quite likely that when the Oil Rig was chosen for Big Boss' base of operations in Peace Walker, this was done intentionally by Kojima to create a link to MGS2. But it is not same physical structure as Big Shell.

Jawmuncher

So regarding MGSV, how clueless will i be if i have never played an MGS game in my life (unless that PSP TCG one counts)?

You would miss some of the finer details.
but you would still be able to understand most of whats going on.
Unless MGSV pulls out some MGS4 nonsense.

So regarding MGSV, how clueless will i be if i have never played an MGS game in my life (unless that PSP TCG one counts)?

Not super lost, MGSV takes place after MGS3 and Peace Walker so if you can get a synopsis of those two you should be fine. But Metal Gear is bad shit insane in general so keep that in mind.

kevin1025

Banned
Any word on the system requirements for The Evil Within, or an ETA when they might be released? I'd love to get it but my PC is at that fine line of "yeah, nice try, buddy". Plus the console and Canadian add-on price has gotten ridiculous, PC forever!

Parsnip

I've never played Peace Walker, so here's hoping that Konami is smart and brings over the HD collection. And the rest. You know, make a Metal Gear Collection for games, not just clothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've never played Peace Walker, so here's hoping that Konami is smart and brings over the HD collection. And the rest. You know, make a Metal Gear Collection for games, not just clothing.
that would be amazing

my psp broke down and i never got to playing peace walkeru

How's Tales of Monkey Island?
copy past thoughts

it's decent, but nothing compared to the original 3

episode 1 in particular is super boring.

i remember loving i think episode 3, was it? the one you're
eaten by a whale

ehhh, wouldn't recommend it too hard

i1jcszwQsQjcp.gif

Peace walker is awesome, I love that game :) hope it comes over as well that way you guys can play it. Its alright if it doesnt tho since mgsv is basically peace walker 2.0

liezryou

As clueless as soneone whos played all of em thanks to mgs4 :p

I don't get it >.>.

You would miss some of the finer details.
but you would still be able to understand most of whats going on.
Unless MGSV pulls out some MGS4 nonsense.

Not super lost, MGSV takes place after MGS3 and Peace Walker so if you can get a synopsis of those two you should be fine. But Metal Gear is bad shit insane in general so keep that in mind.

I'm pretty OCD about completing story motivated games in order if they are related at all. So i guess I'm waiting for a MGS 1-4 HD Collection :D

Turfster

Daily Fallout Classic Collection 75% off

Humble Day 13
  • Thief 9€
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist 3€ (uplay)
  • Nidhogg 4€
  • Sacred 3 37.5€
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures 0.8€
  • Road Not Taken 12€
  • Life if feudal 30€
  • Killer is Dead 10€
  • Men of War Assault Squad 2 12€
  • Pool Nation 1.34€
  • Castle of Illusion 3.24€
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light 3€
  • Bardbarian 0.79€
  • Glare 3€
  • Noir Syndrome 2€
  • Dream 8€
  • Cannon Brawl 9€
  • Interstellar Marines 11.5€
  • Wasteland 2 55€

... kinda disappointing.

GaussTek

Any word on the system requirements for The Evil Within, or an ETA when they might be released? I'd love to get it but my PC is at that fine line of "yeah, nice try, buddy". Plus the console and Canadian add-on price has gotten ridiculous, PC forever!

I've waiting for them too, but only one thing is for sure: the game will be BIG (like in HD size), as it uses ID Tech 5 lol. Perhaps you should take a look -for now- at Wolfenstein: The New Order requirements (which uses the same engine), as I bet they will be similar (but, of course that I'm just speculating).

dani_dc

Daily Fallout Classic Collection 75% off

Humble Day 13
  • Thief 9€
    [*] Splinter Cell Blacklist 3€ (uplay)
  • Nidhogg 4€
  • Sacred 3 37.5€
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures 0.8€
  • Road Not Taken 12€
  • Life if feudal 30€
  • Killer is Dead 10€
  • Men of War Assault Squad 2 12€
  • Pool Nation 1.34€
  • Castle of Illusion 3.24€
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light 3€
  • Bardbarian 0.79€
  • Glare 3€
  • Noir Syndrome 2€
  • Dream 8€
  • Cannon Brawl 9€
  • Interstellar Marines 11.5€
  • Wasteland 2 55€

... kinda disappointing.

Goddamn, was going to bit until I realized it was uPlay only.

How's AVGN? Worth the 0.8?

dani_dc

I bit this time because we all know Ubi isn't going to go quite that deep on Steam.
(Also see: Assflag uplay 10€ on Humble sale, 20€ for talk like a pirate day)

I wouldn't ever touch it on uPlay, I already forget the games I own on Steam, nevermind uPlay-only games.

Miguel81

To those that are getting Splinter Cell Blacklist from Humble - Gamersgate has the addon packs on sale. Too bad these are all Uplay and you'll have to suffer their shitty patching system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom