• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

You can get Banner Saga for $4.99 on Amazon right now.

That's a great offer!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-2F7A1E5CAFA64CA2 - Taken by Zeeman. 20 entrants total.

t1412085069z1.png

Arthea

Depends on the sample size. If it's one vote I'm suspicious too.

It's not even that, I wouldn't mind if it was off for let's say by an hour or so for short games, but twice less? That's not even funny. If I want a game for one evening and I choose 2-3 hour game, I don't expect it to be 6-8 hour game, that's simply mean. I understand that people play differently and some rush like their ass is on fire, but as it's not my way, that site proved to be useless for me. It's a pity, really.

So, how do I activate a region locked KEY via proxy/VPN on steam ? The easy way of course, please.

there is Jasec's post in this very thread what to use for which region, try search maybe?
oh well, I did search myself, here is the post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132151127&postcount=9389

It does say that

I don't trust that site, it lied to me one time too many

Well, actually I think they may be even shorter than that.

I finished Ben There, Dan That in 4 hours, but I took my time exploring all the lines and got stuck more than once so, since usually my playthroughs are usually longer than average ones, it should take less, especially if you follow a walkthrough it should take just a little time.

Arthea

Well, actually I think they may be shorter than that.

I finished Ben There, Dan That in 4 hours, but I took my time exploring all the lines and got stuck more than once so, since usually my playthroughs are usually longer than average ones, it should take less, especially if you follow a walkthrough it should take just a little time.

I'm not a fan of playing with guides, unless I'm really hopelessly stuck, and even then more often than not I just abandon a game for the time, then look for solution, that usually explains my long play times, lots of unfinished games too, that and multitasking.
I just like games to surprise me.
Anyway, do you mean it's easy to get stuck in those games?
edited: what I meant to ask, are solutions illogical?

Jawmuncher

Mordor on my GTX 660 at 1080p is just a mix of low and medium.
Still it basically holds a constant 30FPS with rare dips to 25 and no lower so there that at least.

Knurek

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Knurek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-FD710E479632F530 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-0001C560F52DC80C - Taken by bjaelke. 1 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-C6B52EFD534EF522 - Taken by CyanideFuse. 1 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-1971652B5A798916 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-0E169998C76AA430 - Taken by Tormilet. 1 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-6A6BAF4D0D78A040 - Taken by Axass. 1 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-6A42E57406BAC2A4 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-7834182269505BC2

t1412075949z1.png

Enjoy

Sarcasm

Disocvered these in my HB page. Desura keys

I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle Desura Key -- MB-05A85096BF05A8FD - Taken by astrogamer. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Desura Key -- MB-BD17A0BBD97DC08F

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle Desura Key was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412076189z1.png

I'm not a fan of playing with guides, unless I'm really hopelessly stuck, and even then more often than not I just abandon a game for the time, then look for solution, that usually explains my long play times, lots of unfinished games too, that and multitasking.
I just like games to surprise me.
Anyway, do you mean it's easy to get stuck in those games?
edited: what I meant to ask, are solutions not logical?

Well, the games are quite weird and what happens in the games - I don't want to spoiler the story - would make little sense in real life in the first place, and some of the puzzles actually require some wild guessing, but other than that it may happen to you that you may not know what to do next or fail to notice some tiny items you should be supposed to pick in order to progress in the game, in fact when you try and do something randomly the two characters will often mock you.

Lain

Have Mordor half downloaded with 5 more hours to go, thanks to my not so great connection.
Meanwhile I went looking for some overclocking guide for my 2500k only to run CPU-z and find out that it's already going at 4.2GHz from the turbo mode I activated a little after I got the PC 2 years ago. All this time I thought it was still going at 3.3 because that's what Windows reported haha.
Now I just need to stay awake long enough to try out Mordor in 5 hours.

Knurek

Have Mordor half downloaded with 5 more hours to go, thanks to my not so great connection.
Meanwhile I went looking for some overclocking guide for my 2500k only to run CPU-z and find out that it's already going at 4.2GHz from the turbo mode I activated a little after I got the PC 2 years ago. All this time I thought it was still going at 3.3 because that's what Windows reported haha.

One does not simply OC for Mordor.

Kiru

Now I just need to stay awake long enough to try out Mordor in 5 hours.

Yeah my i7-4790K is also already overclocked at 4.4GHz from the get go due to the turbo mode.

L.O.R.D

About knives in CS:GO
what the point of it ?
i see some super expansive knives in the market , i have no idea what its do ?
how to earn them without paying ?
you use the keys to open some box for example to fine what hidden ?

GTA for 10 and Banner Saga for 5? Oh what a wrong timing. If only I had 15$ more to spare.
``````````````````````````````````````
Why does the steam client update so slow these days? Mine took nearly two hours to complete and now I'm no longer in the mood to play.

what the point of it ?

You can look uber l33t while running if you have a cool knife. That's it.

Earn them without paying? Pray that one drops to you.

GTA for 10 and Banner Saga for 5? Oh what a wrong timing. If only I had 15$ more to spare.
``````````````````````````````````````
Why does the steam client update so slow these days? Mine took nearly two hours to complete and now I'm no longer in the mood to play.

Banner Saga is now gone so there's that :)

kiyomi

not now, but I'm getting it at the later date, of course. So far I probably haven't skipped any LotR game, it would be weird to start doing that now.

Oh okay. I thought for a minute you were betraying me.

I need to upgrade before I start buying new-gen games. :'(

liezryou

what the point of it ?

That's only the tip of the iceberg. There are knives worth upwards of 2k USD. You can't see any knives above 400$ on steam market because thats the listing limit.

Arthea

Oh okay. I thought for a minute you were betraying me.

I need to upgrade before I start buying new-gen games. :'(

I wouldn't betray you! never!
I don't plan to upgrade at least for a year still. Hopefully new gen games can be played without 6GB VRAM after all. (><)
also I upgraded to i5 from i3 not so long ago, I just can't afford doing it again so soon and with such frequency.

Vuze

You needed VPN for that? :eek:

Yes, it's still an option. The region lock affects only steam gifts. Steam keys are alright and still region free.

What? Am I reading this right? No cross region gifting anymore? Well fuck me for not buying it prior to release lol

On another note, I also had to use VPN to activate GTA complete when I bought it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom