• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IS there something else except killing enemies in Mordor?
I saw some videos, basically there0s this lonely character wandering upon Middle-Earth and killing ogres. I saw no buildings, nothing except the Mordor land.

There are collectables!

Corpekata

Banned
Can i say it? Season Pass for Shadow of Mordor seems overpriced like hell. I mean, only one story content, excluding trials no one asked and runes? 25€?

Isn't the idea of a season pass that there is more content to come? Most games have shitty season passes on launch. Hell, most don't have ANY content until a month or two later.

I still can't belive Shadow Of Mordor needs 6GB of VRAM for Ultra, I know the game looks good, but not that good to need such amount of power, there are/will be better looking games on PC and PS4 that will need less power.

JaseC

I still can't belive Shadow Of Mordor needs 6GB of VRAM for Ultra, I know the game looks good, but not that good to need such amount of power, there are/will be better looking games on PC and PS4 that will need less power.

It only needs north of 4GB VRAM at 1080p if you opt for SSAA.

You Have to Win the Game cries in the corner.

Hey, I've played that and it's still installed. If a F2P game is good, I can go search for it -- I just hate trying to scroll through the new/updated content and 8023808 of the titles are all F2P stuff.

Do AMD send keys for AMD Rewards a bit before release, usually?

They did for Sniper Elite 3. I can't say if that's normal or exception though.

Damn WB and their region locking

My cynical and jaded side wishes they'd locked it before the review scores were released.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm looking for the Shadow of Mordor trading cards. (Need a couple more to craft a badge)
If you have the following and don't need them for anything. And don't mind giving it to me. Please send me a PM or a trade request on Steam. Or you can trade it for one of the cards I have in my inventory.

I need: The Beheader, The Night Bringer, The Raid-Leader, The Shaman, and The Trainer.

Thank you so much!

JaseC

Where is the SSAA option? Or are we talking forced through Inspector?

The way the game's resolution setting works is that it detects your desktop resolution and then gives you percentage-based options, including 150% and 200%. There are no traditional AA options.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm looking for the Shadow of Mordor trading cards. (Need a couple more to craft a badge)
If you have the following and don't need them for anything. And don't mind giving it to me. Please send me a PM or a trade request on Steam. Or you can trade it for one of the cards I have in my inventory.

I need: The Beheader, The Night Bringer, The Raid-Leader, The Shaman, and The Trainer.

Thank you so much!
-------------------
Also Marco talked about deleting the intro movie, Does anyone know how to do that? Its annoying having to sit through that and unable to skip it.

That's correct. I also want to get the deluxe dlc/season pass cheap from Russia, but I'm afraid that they will region lock it before I can activate it.

I'm going for Isolation too. The way it's looking now I will be cutting it close getting the AMD offer before Tuesday. I may just buy the Deluxe DLC upgrade over the weekend to be safe anyway.

JaseC

Also Marco talked about deleting the intro movie, Does anyone know how to do that? Its annoying having to sit through that and unable to skip it.

Steam\steamapps\common\ShadowOfMordor\game\interface\videos. You'll see a bunch of intro files and an Nvidia splash file.

Just noticed that there is a pretty huge sale on Origin at the moment. YMMV on the service but I thought it should be mentioned anyway (Crysis 3 for 4.99€, Mass Effect 3 and Warfighter for 2.99€ among others).

Individual ME games: 2.99€
ME trilogy: 24.99€

lol

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
so this is cool

if you have Pushbullet you can now subscribe to the Steam pushbullet channel "Steam Deals" and get a push notification on your phone instantly (if its android) whenever a game goes on sale.

If you place a game on your steam wish list and select the sale notification option, steam will email you when it goes on sale.

JaseC

Which one do I need to delete? or all of them?

I'm not at my PC so I'm not sure. Couldn't hurt to just move all of them out of the way.

Edit: This is the sort of thing that should be in the OP of the PC performance thread.

nvidia_splash.vib probably. (haven't tested)

But seriously 2014 and no skipping intros?

There's more to the intro than just the Nvidia splash.

Tizoc

Thank you so much!
-------------------
I had beheader an hour ago but it mustve been bought by noe sorrry :/

Porcupine

For the first time I wanted to wait till a game finally comes out before I buy it and then it get's region locked and the prices are going 20-25% up on release day...

madjoki

I'm not at my PC so I'm not sure.

Edit: This is the sort of thing that should be in the OP of the PC performance thread.

There's more to the intro than just the Nvidia splash.

Looks like

nvidia_splash.vib
intro.vib (and language variations)
legal (folder)

and then it boots directly to main menu

Jawmuncher

No clue what caused this but it went away though.

1024x576.resizedimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom