• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 10

WTF? O__o

xboxtwoannounced.PNG

The more you know...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just noticed that there is a pretty huge sale on Origin at the moment. YMMV on the service but I thought it should be mentioned anyway (Crysis 3 for 4.99€, Mass Effect 3 and Warfighter for 2.99€ among others).

Dragon Age 2 5.50€. <_<
Why is ME3 cheaper. Explain that to me.
They probably want to bank on the Dragon Age 3 hype

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Daily Duke Nukem Forever 75% off
Midweek
  • Torchlight II 75% off
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 66% off

Wow, that's a really good deal on the Euro Truck bundle. And all of the paint packs for ETS2 are discounted 66% off too.

I think I might just pick up the ones I don't have yet, a couple of dollars for a couple dozen paint schemes doesn't sound like too much to ask...

aScaris

So Sang Froid is 90% off... The artstlye and atmosphere look really nice, but I don't know about the gameplay. Any opinions on this game? Worth getting?

DocSeuss

Woo! Got published on Kotaku again. This one's on Dead Space.

Recording gifs is gonna be hard for me for a while, though. Bye bye 7950, I won't miss you.

So apparently FF13 is part of the welcome back pack, but I purchased it before they did this promo. Does anyone know if GMG has a contact. I am looking at their support but dont see and email or chat to see if I can also get this for pre-purchasing an eligible game.

derExperte

lol...whatever happens to "Win9 will be free to Win8 owner" thing then?

Q: Any incentive for Windows 7 and Windows XP users to upgrade?

A: "We want to talk about the overall product family." No news on upgrade pricing etc.

More information about consumer stuff comes early next year.

I was going to start Shadow of Mordor again because achievements didn't unlock for the first few hours, but I've fallen too far down the Rune rabbit hole to go back now. I don't think I really missed anything that can't be redone.

Li Kao

Story is pretty unimportant in those games, so you can skip the first.

Hmm, I would say that the story is pretty terrible, even. On the plus side there is one (very light in the first game, but still there). But I don't know, the second one try to roll with it, shamelessly ripping off Diablo 1 / 2 in the process, but... it's just plain bad.
Story is needlessly convoluted at first because of the link with the first one, the game has the gall to fucking make the player go visit / seal / say hello to the 3 or 4 elemental temples of my balls, temple that as video gamers we know like the palm of our hands and visit every other day...

I know that story is not the selling point for this type of games, but at the end of the day, yep, pretty terrible attempt at a plot.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So apparently FF13 is part of the welcome back pack, but I purchased it before they did this promo. Does anyone know if GMG has a contact. I am looking at their support but dont see and email or chat to see if I can also get this for pre-purchasing an eligible game.

What does that 4-pack include anyway?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kickstarter for an already greenlit game involved with the Square Enix Collective.
What's the point of Collective if you still have to kickstarter?

The Collective initiative has never been about funding projects but rather allowing indies to use Squeenix's back catalogue of IPs. I suppose if you wanted to break it down you'd say the allure is one part brand recognition (developing a game within a franchise that is, to some extent, known) and one part dream project (developing a game within a universe that you have a soft spot for).

Arthea

wait, what is welcome back back, I don't see anything like that

Arthea

Welcome Pack. it's not worth it. to put it in perspective, one of the games given is Gun Monkeys

but he clearly talks not about that pack, because that pack isn't called welcome back and it certainly has nothing to do with FF13

that was so utterly confusing, it's not welcome back pack, it's welcome pack.
I finally got what you mean, you mean you found out that you can get it by buying FF13.

Li Kao

More than Mass Effect 3? No way.

I might actually buy The Saboteur. Heard good things from a friend who played it. Although I'm recluctant about adding my cc detail on Origin.

Oh, for the few hours I played (because young relatives and unique save slot aren't a good mix), that on the other hand is not a terrible story. It is surely just a hook to play in a run of the mill sandbox, but the beginning of the game surprised me in its, let's try to use an american reference, pulpy flavor, light adventure movie tone. I was really taken off guard by those first few hours.

Turfster

Uh, no.
You get the 4 meh games in the welcome pack if you purchase FF13 (or one of the other big name titles listed there) =p

NVM I found the support request.

Is there really no way to download the HD texture pack for Mordor™ via family sharing? Why would they restrict a texture pack but not the actual game?

Anyone knows when I unlock the Diana Character in Canyon Crapers. I mean I am just playing it for the rewards, but man.

This feels like a 90s shareware title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom