• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
please dont buy the worst game ever made simply because its a daily deal

no joke they should be paying you to even look at that shitfest

I had fun with it.
More than enough, actually.

And I can name more than a handful of games that are substantially worse, so... well, I don't buy into your "worst game ever made" shtick.

Li Kao

Yes, finished the last Dark Souls 2 DLC :D

Can finally close the book on that, tbh I thought the DLC was too hard in some places, but it could come from the staggered release schedule or that the rest of the game is definitely easier but I do now just feel glad to have finished the DLC tbh.

I fear the answer to this question but... harder than Manus or Black Dragon ? :-/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So there's another otome VN on Steam now, called Dandelion: Wishes brought to you. It's $30, so it's kind of expensive.

It's about $12.61 in rubles though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kickstarter for an already greenlit game involved with the Square Enix Collective.
What's the point of Collective if you still have to kickstarter?

There is no point, it's a nonsense service that makes no sense and benefits no one.

The stated premise of it is that you submit your idea to Collective, and benefit from free feedback from viewers. This feedback helps you decide whether to continue to crowdfunding or not. If you do continue to crowdfunding, Square Enix has a sponsored page on IndieGoGo, which will bring you more visibility (one project from Collective has tried this, it didn't come remotely close to hitting its target goal). In exchange, they act as a sort of hands-off publisher and get a cut of your sales in the end.

The problem is:
- The feedback isn't useful
- No one cares about Collective
- No one cares about IndieGoGo
- Square Enix isn't contributing a value add

So far, here are the stats on Square Enix collective
- 8 projects have received poor feedback and not continued on
- 7 projects have received positive feedback but are apparently not positive enough because they have not continued on and are marked archived
- 6 projects have received positive feedback and have not yet been archived or continued on
- 4 projects are currently awaiting feedback
- 1 project went through IndieGoGo through Collective and failed to be funded and is now "archived"
- 1 project went through Kickstarter through Collective and was a smash success
- 1 project is now on Kickstarter through Collective

Li Kao

Most definitely harder than Manus. Do you mean Kalameet by Black Dragon? Because Kalameet was only a pain in the ass because the tail drop was so hard.

Yup, Kalameet. I don't know these are the two ennemies that nearly made me rage in DK1. Arthas was hard but fair in my mind. I'm afraid to tackle on DK2 now.

Anteater

AC as a series is.

Yeah, Animal Crossing is terrible.

aocjxrq061.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know what developers should do when they put an update on Steam?

Post the release notes.

Come on, how hard can it be.

Yeah, Valve ought to mandate patch notes going forward. It's annoying when you go searching for notes only to find plenty of people asking the very same question.

Grief.exe

Everytime Dragon Age Origins is on sale it catapults to the top sellers list.

FarCry 2 is a great game. One of my favorite shooters ever.

Comparing Far Cry 2 with DnF is ridiculous.

Had it on my wishlist for a little while now, but I haven't seen a good enough price on it to justify the purchase.

Yeah, Valve ought to mandate patch notes going forward. It's annoying when you go searching for notes only to find plenty of people asking the very same question.

or the ever popular "Bug Fixes" as an entire patch note...just that...nothing else

"Well what bugs were fixed?"
"Uhhhh"
"..."

Tellaerin

There is no point, it's a nonsense service that makes no sense and benefits no one.

The stated premise of it is that you submit your idea to Collective, and benefit from free feedback from viewers. This feedback helps you decide whether to continue to crowdfunding or not. If you do continue to crowdfunding, Square Enix has a sponsored page on IndieGoGo, which will bring you more visibility (one project from Collective has tried this, it didn't come remotely close to hitting its target goal). In exchange, they act as a sort of hands-off publisher and get a cut of your sales in the end.

The problem is:
- The feedback isn't useful
- No one cares about Collective
- No one cares about IndieGoGo
- Square Enix isn't contributing a value add

So far, here are the stats on Square Enix collective
- 8 projects have received poor feedback and not continued on
- 7 projects have received positive feedback but are apparently not positive enough because they have not continued on and are marked archived
- 6 projects have received positive feedback and have not yet been archived or continued on
- 4 projects are currently awaiting feedback
- 1 project went through IndieGoGo through Collective and failed to be funded and is now "archived"
- 1 project went through Kickstarter through Collective and was a smash success
- 1 project is now on Kickstarter through Collective

Does your day job involve stats, Stump? I ask because you seem to enjoy gathering and analyzing data like this.

Dr Dogg

Well the common trend with patch notes just recently has been "Stability Update".

Also that dancing kitty has crack addict eyes.

derExperte

He is having a birth defect corrected, at 14. It shouldn't be too bad but this is the first surgery he's ever had. We're waiting for it to start so its going to be a rough couple of hours for his mom and I.
Oh, man. Hope everything goes well. Must be hard on the nerves of parents. Keep strong.
---
Once I used Air, I never went back to anything else. Clean, simple layout.
Air is the best but I had to jump to vanilla since the new layout. Wonder when Air gets compatible with that.
---
This looks... special.
Hah, love how they went for the total-amateur-dev style trailer.... or that's what I think it is.
Looks like a fun party-game.
---
I just had a frightening experience. I opened up Firefox and went on a site where I got very nasty ads and suddenly a command window opened up. I quickly closed it and everything suspicious in the task manager. But since then my internet got slower :(
The ultimate test will be a reboot of my system. Then I will know whether I caught a virus.
Been so long since the last time.... ah well. Everything nice will end sometime.

Li Kao

Hmm, with all this talk about Payday 2 I could see myself trying the first one. For the plot. Alone. Forever alone. Still haven't played L4D2 too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom