• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Is there really no way to download the HD texture pack for Mordor™ via family sharing? Why would they restrict a texture pack but not the actual game?

I'd assume because it's tagged
section_type: ownersonly

So because a family shared game doesn't make you an owner sadly you don't have access to it. Stupid I know.

Edit: Though try what Nabs said above.

So Sang Froid is 90% off... The artstlye and atmosphere look really nice, but I don't know about the gameplay. Any opinions on this game? Worth getting?

I gave it a try recently. It has a pretty unique setting and theme for an action / tower defense game. The whole northern wilds / lumberjack hero theme hasn't really been done before to my knowledge. However I found that I lost interest pretty quickly. This is obviously a matter of taste, but I consider stuff like attack animations, hit reactions, and the general feel of combat to be of high importance in an TD action game. In something like Orcs Must Die 2 it's really freaking satisfying to crunch up a row or orcs with a well placed trap, or to blast a bunch of them with one ability or another. Sang-froid was terrible at this in my opinion, just running back and forth across a very stark map, to have really limp feeling encounters with a few only moderately well animated wolves. Had some neat ideas with the planning for each night's battles, but when the actual meat and potatoes was so unsatisfying I lost any desire to retry battles, which is usually a key part of TD games.

Is Dead Space 3 - Awakened worth checking out? I haven't played Dead Space 3 itself yet, but it's installed. I wasn't super into the games demo, and hearing that it's much more shooter-y is a bummer, but still liked the first, and second games enough that I'll get to it eventually. Just wondering if Awakened adds anything worthwhile to the story?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Might have been mentioned already, but:

Bundle Stars - Breakthrough Bundle US$19.99

(Note: Everything is an Early Access title.)

• Christopher Brookmyre's Bedlam
  • Dwelvers
  • Calibre 10 Racing
  • Shadow Blade: Reload
  • GearCity
  • From the Depths

Teeth

Ended up getting Torchlight 2 for whatever reason.

Torchlight 2 is great (unless you are into going through these games dozens of times). If you are in it for a single run through, it's great.

Why isn't the Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe version not on sale at Origin. Goddammit. I hate that they tore out what is supposed to be one of the most interesting characters for DLC.

Scipius

This really is a great little game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpaceChem -- MB-F68E265E1DACAE95 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.

t1412101330z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Bundle Stars - Breakthrough Bundle

• Dwelvers
  • Calibre 10 Racing
  • GearCity
  • From the Depths

Judging by their email graphics they're a fan of Enhanced Steam. I would normally post a screenshot but I'm at the hospital waiting room waiting for my son's surgery.

Li Kao

Judging by their graphics they're a fan of Enhanced Steam. I would normally post a screenshot but I'm at the hospital waiting room waiting for my son's surgery.

What did he had surgery for / was the surgery a success ? I really hope so.
Feel free to ignore this post if it is too personal.

Grief.exe

Woo! Got published on Kotaku again. This one's on Dead Space.

Recording gifs is gonna be hard for me for a while, though. Bye bye 7950, I won't miss you.

Let Dr. Dog record your gifs, he loves rendering the Dead Space games at super high resolutions.

On a related note, I do need another horror game to play this month and was thinking about playing through Dead Space again. I think I am leaning away from that one due to Evil Within being a third person shooter as well. I'm thinking Call of Cthulhu or Condemned.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Bundle Stars - Breakthrough Bundle

• Dwelvers
  • Calibre 10 Racing
  • GearCity
  • From the Depths

Tempting. I own Calibre 10 already, but the RU prices of the rest add up to around twice the cost of the bundle, so buying it would essentially be equal to buying the games at half off on Steam itself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What did he had surgery for / was the surgery a success ? I really hope so.
Feel free to ignore this post if it is too personal.

He is having a birth defect corrected, at 14. It shouldn't be too bad but this is the first surgery he's ever had. We're waiting for it to start so its going to be a rough couple of hours for his mom and I.

Li Kao

Let Dr. Dog record your gifs, he loves rendering the Dead Space games at super high resolutions.

On a related note, I do need another horror game to play this month and was thinking about playing through Dead Space again. I think I am leaning away from that one due to Evil Within being a third person shooter as well. I'm thinking Call of Cthulhu or Condemned.

Pfft, I would ask Sajjaja. For the lulz at the comments.
As for horror games, I still haven't decided yet, but I will surely play 'A machine for Pigs'.

Edit - I wish him the best, jshackles !!!

madjoki

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was a problem adding this product to your Steam account."
Guess I have to get my friend to download it, and then activate. So dumb

Yes, your loaner must own texture pack. However he can disable it from properties. (Thought seems like it's disabled by default, for me at least)

Shadownet

Banned
Thank you Lynx, The Dear Leader, Emperor El, for helping me get some Shadow of Mordor cards. Now I only need 1 more card to be able to craft a badge. If anyone has The Night Bringer they don't need and want to either give away or trade for one of my cards. PM me :)

I have a spare The Destroyer and The Slaver!

Edit: thanks Launchpad McRoss for The Night Bringer :D

Gbraga

Eliza should hit skullgirls this week. Unless I'm misremembering.

20130428002459-elizapinups-1367173600.jpg

FINALLY! MY GIRL!!!

Can't wait :D

I tried her in the Endless Beta, but I really suck with her, I hope I can learn >_<

So far I'm only decent with Valentine and Parasoul, using the CapCom assist.

So Sang Froid is 90% off... The artstlye and atmosphere look really nice, but I don't know about the gameplay. Any opinions on this game? Worth getting?

An interesting take on the tower defense genre, by the way I experienced a few annoying glitches and I found it to be extremely linear, anyhow at that price you may try it out if you're into TD games.

MadGear

Wow, EA is so mean. In their current sale Dead Space 1 is 2.99€, Dead Space 3 is 2.99€ and Dead Space 2, the one not included in the past Humble Origin Bundle, is 5.99€ -.-

I still haven't played DS3 because i want to play DS2 first, but EA obviously wont let me :D

Oh well, guess I'll start the game. Only have a 780Ti so the pack wouldn't work well anyway but I wanted to try. Hopefully they fix the family sharing issue. Can't complain too hard about free.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Judging by their email graphics they're a fan of Enhanced Steam. I would normally post a screenshot but I'm at the hospital waiting room waiting for my son's surgery.

:/. Hope it goes fine!

You forgot to mention the price, that is quite steep, 18,99&#8364;, otherwise thiis bundle looks very interesting.

Sorry about that, the main post has been corrected.

Tempting. I own Calibre 10 already, but the RU prices of the rest add up to around twice the cost of the bundle, so buying it would essentially be equal to buying the games at half off on Steam itself.

Press Buy to Jason. :p

Saty

Defender Quest's devs on the new Steam changes: http://gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDoucet/20140929/226679/Brave_NewSteam_World.php

We can't share detailed stats, but sales are definitely and significantly up since the launch of NewSteam. According to the fancy new traffic analysis Steam has provided us with (and explicitly allows us to share), the vast majority of that is coming from the new organic discovery algorithm

Here's the really crazy part:

Our sales are up even though we're in the middle of a Humble Bundle!!

Defender's Quest is currently featured in the Humble Weekly Bundle: Leading Ladies, which started two days after the launch of NewSteam. Not only have our Steam sales not gone straight to zero, they've stayed at the level we saw right after NewSteam launched. We've posted a prominent announcement on our Steam page advertising the bundle so that people can get the best deal, and even still, a significant number of people are buying the game at full price.

Traffic from steam curators is included in our traffic analysis reports, but it was so low that I removed it from the earlier image as well as dozens of other meager sources of traffic. In all, curators provided 0.6% of our page visits.

More in the link.

Bundle Stars - Breakthrough Bundle US$19.99

• Dwelvers
  • Calibre 10 Racing
  • GearCity
  • From the Depths

Shame I already own 2 (Shadow Blade, Calibre 10) and am not really keen on anything else outside of Bedlam. :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Friend who I family share with has Mordor which works without issues but it won't let me install the texture pack dlc even after he activated it.

Complimentary licences don't carry over to Family Sharing as they no longer confer ownership (or to put it another way, they're not "proper" licences). WB needs to change the sub type from Free on Demand to No Cost so that the content can be permanently attached to the owner's account and thus will be considered owned.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I get why Early Access devs want more money from their games than devs who are just earning passive income, but as a bundle site it doesn't make sense to put together a bundle where you pay more and get less than your usual bundles. Like, as a consumer, I'm incurring more risk. And just taking a quick look at these games, they don't seem notably bigger in scope or better looking than typical Bundlestars fare.

AHA-Lambda

Yes, finished the last Dark Souls 2 DLC :D

Can finally close the book on that, tbh I thought the DLC was too hard in some places, but it could come from the staggered release schedule or that the rest of the game is definitely easier but I do now just feel glad to have finished the DLC tbh.

Freezard

Gahhhh... Duke Nukem Forever is on my wishlist, time to bite I guess. I just know the collection is going to be in a bundle anytime now though >_>

Dr Dogg

Too late.

Though if you're replaying Dead Space the only way is the 2.35:1 way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsmfTn8z-g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom