• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-3482B4B063CA419A - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 7 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-DBDD15986A180D37 - Taken by prudislav. 4 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-9DEF7723EDA0E8E9 - Taken by Pakkidis. 7 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy -- MB-662ED356B0995DCE - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-EB14ED7E420FBE7E - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
CastleMinerZ -- MB-93B8BB2AF8DFEA6C - Taken by Daedalos42. 2 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-55D8364D18561638 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition -- MB-CB05F8636553F7D5 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 32 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-C90A795EEF70C6C3 - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.

t1411239573z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might look into the inevitable 980 Ti when it comes out.

Yeah, if I had 4GB 670s I'd skip the current crop and wait for the "proper" Maxwell cards, but alas. If there are 8GB 970s by the time I'm ready to upgrade I may opt for a pair of them depending on the premium. I suspect 4GB VRAM will be fine for the foreseeable future as far as <1080p is concerned, however I wouldn't mind paying for piece of mind if the price is right.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Skyrim is probably the best book stealing videogame I've ever played. I've already acquired over 100 books.

I don't have a problem :|

Nyu Media has the Cherry Tree High Sequel as well as a relocalization of the first game (which for some reason was set in America and got rid of the Japanese stuff for the English release) on Greenlight.

Voted yes on that one. I really should get around to playing the original version though.

Because nobody awarded it as GotY when it came out lol :p

Anyway, the only worthy DLC for Batman AO is Cold, Cold Heart, IMHO.

Batman Arkham Origins: Definitively Okay Edition

I was just reading up on a thread where people request a Steam Wishlist Import feature for howlongtobeat.com: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/forum.php?&thread=104&page=1

Someone in that thread is developing a new stat tracking website.
I know there are already a bunch but I think it's worth mentioning here:

http://www.completionator.com/

completionator.PNG

That looks pretty cool. Might compliment backloggery nicely.

Cho Dengeki Stryker $20 until 9/26

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321190/

$9 on russia

The Russian price is pretty good but I think I'll wait a while on it. The base price is not what I would like it to be, either.

Oh shit! It looks like Dragon Ball Xenoverse is also coming to Steam!!

Trailer for those who haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkGxBHJs88

This one is being developed by Dimps (Street Fighter IV, DBZ Budokai 1-3, etc).

It's been a while since I've played a DB game, hopefully this one is really good.

An unlockable Quiet outfit for DD or Big Boss would be the ultimate way of Kojima taking the piss out of his detractors haha.

Truly the videogame equivalent of the "what's the matter brother?" image.

Now I want Copons' avatar plastered onto that Lightning gif :|

How dare you insinuate that I'm not a pizza.

But you're a fridge, not a pizza :p

Mac Game Store has New Vegas Ultimate Edition 80% off

And it's apparently not available in the US ;____;

One day I'll own it on PC. Probably should have just bought it during the summer sale.

Tizoc

It would appear that the usage of Weapons as Items in FF4 DS was removed? When you got Rydia she could cast Magic Arrow by Using her weapon, Rod, from the Item menu in battle. This doesn't seem to happen in the Steam/DS ver. @_@

Jawmuncher

Yup to all of this. I really enjoyed blacklist. And there are uplay rewards you can unlock like special equipment. Honestly, having it on uplay didn't really bug me much.

It would appear that the usage of Weapons as Items in FF4 DS was removed? When you got Rydia she could cast Magic Arrow by Using her weapon, Rod, from the Item menu in battle. This doesn't seem to happen in the Steam/DS ver. @_@
Were you able to do this in ff3 as well?
Just recall different magic staffs that I had that didn't do shit.

Lomax

Nyu Media has the Cherry Tree High Sequel as well as a relocalization of the first game (which for some reason was set in America and got rid of the Japanese stuff for the English release) on Greenlight.

Really enjoyed the first one but the Greenlight description makes it sound like the "sequel" isn't the same type of game, which is really disappointing. Seems bizarre that it has to go through Greenlight.

Jawmuncher

Really enjoyed the first one but the Greenlight description makes it sound like the "sequel" isn't the same type of game, which is really disappointing. Seems bizarre that it has to go through Greenlight.

For me I'll take the sequel.
I appreciates that they tried basically persona social links the game. But I felt it didn't work out very well.

~ Spaceman - I always wanted you to go into space, man ~
---
A big thanks to freshVeggie for Receiver
Had it on my wishlist but didn't bother to check the latest Humble Buindle
Thanks again!
No problem, man!
We Gaffers gotta watch our backs.
---
I agree. With all of the controversy around Quiet, it's good to see that she will serve as more than a plot device and some fanservice. She appears to be a legitimate badass, even if she is a bit... well, quiet. Not that it excuses her costume in any way.
I just hope Kojima doesn't tone down the ludicrous and very OT-heavy cutscenes in length.
I loved them.

Nete

How is Un-Epic guys???

I loved it, but as Lomax says its humor is a bit weird and could turn you off. Besides that, is a nice metroidvania (although is more an homage to MSX's Maze of Galious than anything else) with a clunky UI. The inventory is painful at times.

Is not a short game either. Around 20 hours for a playthrough and it has extra coop levels.

Anteater

not worth it

i mean if this were new vegas then maybe i'd care enough for it to launch it from somewhere other than steam but didn't do it for mass effect, not gonna do it for this

whatever your screenshot will always be inferior with that grain filter and we'll never take you seriously

Shadownet

Banned
Just got Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle for 6 keys.

Feels good :D

Does anyone still need the Tropico 4 Collector Bundle? I'm sure everyone already got it when the price glitch happened.

gabbo

Just got Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle for 6 keys.

Feels good :D

Does anyone still need the Tropico 4 Collector Bundle? I'm sure everyone already got it when the price glitch happened.

What makes it worth it over Vanilla 4?

liezryou

Yeah, if I had 4GB 670s I'd skip the current crop and wait for the "proper" Maxwell cards, but alas. If there are 8GB 970s by the time I'm ready to upgrade I may opt for a pair of them depending on the premium. I suspect 4GB VRAM will be fine for the foreseeable future as far as <1080p is concerned, however I wouldn't mind paying for piece of mind if the price is right.

Why the hell do you need a graphics card? You never play games.

jblank83

How is Un-Epic guys???

It's a crude Metroidvania, more NES style than modern.

Gameplay is solid enough, if repetitive and lacking complexity. Mostly running around bashing indistinct, vaguely enemy shaped blobs, leveling up and trying different weapons.

RPG mechanics are mild but interesting enough to motivate.

Level design is not very exciting. Decent enough to explore, like an old school NES game, reminiscent of Faxanadu or Legacy of the Wizard. Also repetitive and lacking complexity. Everything is a flat platform or a ladder. Game progresses screen by screen, very old school.

Humor is beyond terrible. It's grating, irritating. Voice acting is awful. And there's way too much of this badly acted, badly written material. End of the game is better than beginning and middle, but that's a lot of bad to get to some mediocre stuff.

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. It's fun enough to play once but will often feel like a grind, will drag on a little too long with not enough "puzzle" type rooms, will irritate at times, and when you're done with it you'll be done with it forever.

Knurek

God dammit, 3 Stars of Destiny has some god awful card drop times.
Roughly a card each 2 hours of idling...
What the actual eff?

waby

My country currency is now being used by steam and they scale the price to our country's standard of living. Damn that price of Shadow of Mordor from $50 USD to $30 USD.

The_Monk

While I did finish Brothers - A tale of two songs long time ago I decided to write my little impressions. You can also rate up or down by going to the review in the Steam page if you want.

In Brothers – A Tale of two sons you need to work together so you can help your ill father. Making a game that push the emotional side may not be an easy task since everyone have their own personality, so while many can relate and feel empathy, to others the theme may just not click with them, at all. However, it’s best to play this game with an open mind, let yourself immerse in this small Story and see how important it is to work together for a good cause. While no game should ever be judged by its length, Brothers will not take you more than 3 to 5 hours to complete, yet, this is just the right amount of time to experience the adventure, to discover the world and to struggle in a place full of dangers -during day or night-, for a good cause, your father.

The way you control both brothers is not something many are used to and to some it was either annoying or hard to get around to some but I think it was a very creative idea. You see, a family is a very strong bond and should be something that you should cherish. It’s common to have a little fight with your little/older brother or sister in real life and that does not mean you don’t love him/her, it just mean that sometimes you need to adapt to a different way of thinking, a different taste in something, etc. The very same happens with the control scheme in this game, you need to train your brain to master both characters with each analog stick from your controller. It may not be easy at first but once you get used to, it gets a lot easier. And while you’re still adapting to this and you end up getting each brother to a different direction, well, that may also happen in real life. Just remember to cherish the moments with him because you never know what may happen.

There are some puzzles in the game but neither proved to be a hard challenge. The game focus more on storytelling than gameplay mechanics and while you adventure further and further, take a moment to sit down, stop for a bit and just enjoy the scenery, which by the way, is breathtaking; just don’t take too long, someone is waiting for you at home! Having an emotional focused game is always a risk but I believe Brothers managed to do it quite well in this short adventure with a strong ending and perhaps one or two surprises, just pay attention from the very start to make sure you don’t miss any interesting bits from the story right from the start

liezryou

My country currency is now being used by steam and they scale the price to our country's standard of living. Damn that price of Shadow of Mordor from $50 USD to $30 USD.

They doing a buttload of stuff with currencies. Shadow of mordor dropped down 2-3$ in russia as well.

Turfster

Boot uplay, downloads 2 uplay updates.
What have I done?

Edit: Also, you better add all those -, or it'll tell you the code is invalid. What?

Edit 2: it's downloading 19 gigs to a drive that has 1 gig free without complaining.
What²?

deadflower81

Neo Member
If someone need one or more of the following discount code just let me know!

2x 25% - Pixel Piracy

1x 25% - Iron Fisticle

1x 50% - Cloud Chamber

Grief.exe

That's good news. I guess it's more of a numbers game where I see one close to what I have and get concerned about it.

Keep in mind Recommend and Minimum settings are almost entirely bullshit, I generally put no stock in them.

This is coming from a guy running current-gen games on a midrange card that is nearly 5 years old.

Elija2

God dammit, 3 Stars of Destiny has some god awful card drop times.
Roughly a card each 2 hours of idling...
What the actual eff?

Geez, you're not kidding. 6 hours of idling for 45 cents worth of cards. What purpose is there for making it take so long to drop cards? What's in it for the developers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom