• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

So, I got Wasteland 2 today. Considering that I also finally have some free time (and a DESK, finally), the upcoming Saturday night looks pretty good. Not sure if I should finish Original Sin first though.

Completed Skyrim.
Didn't even realise that I was at the end of the main quest when I finished it, probably has something to do with me being so overpowered because I spent about 54hrs on side quests before even going to talk to the greybeards up at High Hrothgar(not kidding)

It was a really fun game though, had a lot of adventures, got married, adopted two children, built my own house, hired a bard, got a steward, rode a dragon, restored the thieves guild to max reputation, assassinated some people for the dark brotherhood and did WAY too many misc. quests.

First paragraph sounds a lot like me. Second paragraph I was like "yup, oh yeah did that, wait what? Huh? Oh, legendary edition." DLC, man. I don't even know what the definitive version of a game is anymore.

You scarred her for life Cecil..
Wonder whether SE will put the origin FFs (1-6) in their non-ios versions at one point. With such huge visual differences a double-dip would make sense to many people I reckon. SE could make easy money.
---
That and AssCreed Freedom Cry for $1 was too good. Not to mention the AMD Rewards codes too.
And my parents used to say staying up late do you no good. HA.
...you forgot being American. Lots of good deals, mispriced stuff, newegg deals which are only available to US folks ;(
The old world gets the shaft fairly often.

All I got for staying up late were headaches.
---
I'm with you on that. I think the ending of MGS4 did run a bit long even for Kojima, and like a lot of things in that game probably could have used a bit of editing. But other than that, I am perfectly fine with 30+ minute cutscenes full of Kojima's brand of pseudo-philosophical, near-future politics in my MGS games. I wouldn't have it any other way.

It was actually one of the major disappointments with Ground Zeroes, that there was barely any dialogue at all. Hopefully MGS V won't have that problem (and from what I've seen of the demos, that shouldn't be the case).
You know I played MGS1 in 2000 and MGS4 in 2010. While loving the style and story in 4, I did feel like missing out big time on backstory of many characters. Kojima has to reveal the Legacy PC collection as soon as possible. I need to catch up with a lot before GZ/PP.

For the past week I've been looking up Divinity: OS media. Looks like a juicy game I can get deep into, but does steamgaf know of any current sales?

Jawmuncher

For the past week I've been looking up Divinity: OS media. Looks like a juicy game I can get deep into, but does steamgaf know of any current sales?

None right now but it's cheaper if you go through the trading market.
Dunno if that would be worth the effort for you though. The game definitely has enough content for it's price though.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Secret Six GTA V style, with the ability of switching freely between the Six. Noz exactly heroes but awesome.

I would also love to see a Detective Riddler game. In the comics the Riddler briefly went to the good side, working as private detective, annoying Batman to no end, because he could mentally hold pace with him and he couldn't just beat him up because he was a good guy now.
I'd definitely love either of those options, even if a "good" Riddler would be kinda strange :p

That looks pretty awesome, and the patch is coming really soon too, so seems like a good time to jump back in :D

Four hours of pizza talk? This is exactly the sort of thing that caused this thread to reach boiling point just two months ago. My memory is generally terrible but even I remember that. ;)
Well, 4 hours because of the different time zones!

jeesus... you must have every game steam has to offer. right?
I wish I could do that...
Yes, all of them!
He even has Whee-- oh wait, nevermind.
sorry D:

Ok guys, do like your Saoirse with pineapples?
Now I have a *very* specific image in my mind, thank you very much.

Ok, so with the order of the 970 I think I'm now ready to upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1. Yeah, unrelated and I should have done it already, but...

- I read that 8.1 induced some problems with mouse control in some games. Do I have to find some specific patch or is the fix now included in windows update ?

- I also read that a 8.1 install is like a windows repair as in nothing will be deleted but you will have to reinstall every program. Is that so ?

I'm a little late to the party.
1 - I never had a problem with that, so I suppose it must be included now.
2 - That is incorrect. I did 7 -> 8 -> 8.1 and didn't have to reinstall anything.

Buy a t-shirt to dry your tears.
LOL, well played.

Konami is comprised of a whole army of trolls. A few days ago they announced something explosive and it turned out to be a Bomberman iOS game.

Kinda sad when, as a company, you're hyping stuff you know is going to crush souls.
To be fair, they did acknowledge they were trolling with the Bomberman thing.

You guys who ask for Japanese audio, can you tell the difference between good and bad Japanese voice acting? When I hear English voice acting, I can immediately tell whether it's a bad voice actor, a good actor with bad direction (putting the wrong inflection in sentences,) or a good actor with good direction. When I hear Japanese voice acting, I don't have a clue whether they're good or not, because I don't have the knowledge of the language. So when you're asking for Japanese, is it because you know the language and recognize they're good? Or is it just a way of saying "I've heard the English and it sucks?"
Because having more options is a good thing. Also the second one is probably correct.

Teen Titans... Damn you just know exactly what to say to make me like you don't ya? I would love a Teen Titans game from RockSteady!
--------

With all these Square Enix games coming to Steam. Maybe we'll finally get Kingdom Hearts 1+2 HD port? :O
Yeah, now I'm thinking about it and sad it isn't happening :(
Get your shit together WB/RS!

And lol at the second point, especially because NONE of the KH are available digitally anywhere (not on PSN and not on eShop).

That's up to Disney...

...so probably not.
The sad, sad truth... I just want Split/Second on Steam :(

But Disney like making money...right? If they port Kingdom Hearts to Steam. It would be the best selling game for a month.

gotta keep the hopes alive!
Of course they do, but gaming is just a drop in a bucket for them.

Yes, but it's a PS2 title, so much work is needed. FFXIII was born on PC, so releasing a PC version was easier.
Um, KH I.5 HD exists for PS3, and KH II.5 HD is coming soon-ish.

Disney doesn't believe in steep discounts, heck, all the blurays published by Disney hardly dipped below 20 bucks in any given time.
Learn to love the vault :p

The problem is that Disney doesn't see PC DD as an important market because it makes ridiculous amounts of money elsewhere (namely licensing, television/film endeavours and general merchandising). This is why Amazon is literally the one and only PC DD retailer that offers digital versions of Disney games -- it was something Tony actively pursued. Squeenix would have to really twist Disney's arm for it to sign off on PC ports of the Kingdoms Hearts games.
This. I'd say the first step would get the existing ones available digitally on their respective platforms.

All I can say is :(

You make a lot of sense. Can't argue with that. Its a longshot.
-----
You know I can't believe with how popular the Last Airbender is that The Legend of Korra will be the first decent looking game we get from the series.
FTFY :)

edit: ok some background chatter isn't subtitled. i know french so i don't mind :p
:O
Is said chatter some relatively simple french? I can understand a bit, so that'd be interesting to try.

I've always thought that ass is a pretty important personality trait.

qj2hla5.gif
Stupid sexy Flanders Snake.

I've never played Peace Walker, so here's hoping that Konami is smart and brings over the HD collection. And the rest. You know, make a Metal Gear Collection for games, not just clothing.
Bwahahahaha, good one!

I'm a weirdo.. It's either Steam or no deal.. I guess I'll wait for a Winter Sale.
You'd be surprised, but that's actually most people.

Why the hell do you need a graphics card? You never play games.
bitcoin mining idling obviously.

My country currency is now being used by steam and they scale the price to our country's standard of living. Damn that price of Shadow of Mordor from $50 USD to $30 USD.
If only they did that everywhere...

CPU's are really damn good nowadays. My laptop barely reaches max CPU usage. It's everything else that's holding me down.
Fun trivia: intel's Core line is actually based on mobile processor (obviously that was some 8 years ago, so probably not much left of that now).

Sooo....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNqXwGBjMs&sns=tw
I guess the search for the GotY is over.
Wow, I have no words for this beauty.

You scarred her for life Cecil..
Man, that game along with FF3 need a texture pack or something.

Turfster

Holy shit.
Uplay downloads are p2p.
"Why is my whole internet grinding to a halt?"
The answer: because the fucking retards are filling my upstream.

(And no, disabling UPNP - like it is by default - doesn't really fix the problem, it still tries to throw data constantly.)

tmarg

I don't think they've discounted it much since the summer sale. It's definitely on my list of things to pick up during black Friday/winter sale.

Holy shit.
Uplay downloads are p2p.
"Why is my whole internet grinding to a halt?"
The answer: because the fucking retards are filling my upstream.
(And no, disabling UPNP - like it is by default - doesn't really fix the problem, it still tries to throw data constantly.)
You gotta be kidding me. P2P? They have over 1000 people for one game and cheap out on servers?

Chariot

I'd definitely love either of those options, even if a "good" Riddler would be kinda strange :p
I think it was a very interesting take on the character. He don't have to be "evil", he isn't a chaotic psychopath like the Joker or a crimelord like Penguin, he isn't bound by any specific goal like Freeze or cursed with something abnormal like Croc. He - though the details can change with every writer - can't lie and is a big fan of mind games and puzzles. And even if we take his rivalry with Batman into the equation, there is nothing that made him necessary evil. While he isn't as intelligent as Batman and way worse equipped (especially his Arkham variant is almost pathetic), but he is a smart guy and could do a lot of good, even if he would only be doing it for his own ego. He was quite pleased to annoy Batman without him being able to apprehend him.

Speaking of which, there are a lot of interesting variants of Batman villains that are not really evil or at least not completely black. The characterization of the villains in the Arkham games is very shallow. They're insane, evil and have schtick, only Origins tried to give some of them a personality and a reason.

madjoki

It's also downloading an... installer.
Well, basically an ISO without the packaging, since it's also got autorun menus and shit.

Yeah, that's how uplay & origin work. Also its unpatched, so enjoy downloading those patches :(

Thought this means that you can downgrade unlike with Steam (expect some games that do offer version selection, but most don't).

Yeah, that's how uplay & origin work. Also its unpatched, so enjoy downloading those patches :(

Thought this means that you can downgrade unlike with Steam (expect some games that do offer version selection, but most don't).

If I can't get it on steam, it's played on a console. Fuck that noise.

Turfster

Yeah, I'm never ever going for just the uplay version ever again.
At least Steam downloads are done and dusted, one download and done.
None of this "you need extra space for the installer" bullshit, and loads of extra update downloads.
And, you know, Steam (and Origin, as far as I know), are a single download stream, not taking down the rest of my connection for hours =p

madjoki

None of this "you need extra space for the installer" bullshit, and loads of extra update downloads.
And, you know, Steam (and Origin, as far as I know), are a single download stream, not taking down the rest of my connection for hours =p

Yeah uPlay is really bad at downloading. I have to limit download speed so it doesn't halt whole connection then it gets to 10%+ CPU usage /w 6 core Intel.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
thoughts on this merge games humble bundle? i think im sold on the 1 dollar, but i dont know about the 6 or 9 very much.

And now you know why I refuse uplay games unless it's the steam version...

Turfster

thoughts on this merge games humble bundle? i think im sold on the 1 dollar, but i dont know about the 6 or 9 very much.

The Commandos Collection and Deadly Premonition are both very good, if you're interested in those kinds of games.

And now you know why I refuse uplay games unless it's the steam version...

Well, I did too, but I didn't think Ubi would drop this low for the Steam version.
I was weak and now I'm paying for it.

iosefe

i currently have 11 bucks in cash that i could go to the bank and deposit for FFXIII

am i ready for such commitment?

TOTP: don't buy anything yet. wait for the Dailys

The Commandos Collection and Deadly Premonition are both very good, if you're interested in those kinds of games.

I'd say skip on DP if you can get it on a console, the PC version is a joke. Random crashes, literally no graphics options (need a mod to change even the resolution), and an aiming glitch that won't let you aim at anything higher than your head or lower your knees. It's a fantastic game, just not on PC

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

I'd say skip on DP if you can get it on a console, the PC version is a joke. Random crashes, literally no graphics options (need a mod to change even the resolution), and an aiming glitch that won't let you aim at anything higher than your head or lower your knees. It's a fantastic game, just not on PC

deadly premonition looked interesting enough, but since you said that i think i'll skip the higher tiers this time. the commando games look like that game Original War which I haven't played much

thanks guys.

Ugh, just uninstalled Wasteland 2. Part of me really wants to play it, and the other part of me says that I can't take this kind of game right now, between school and health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom