• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Sorry if you thought I was serious, I was just joking :(
Well, ashes on my head than and sorry for reacting harshly. I'm sick of the hate on anime and anime fans. I agree that this can get quite annoying and off topic, especially with gifs. But instead of just telling us to keep it down, people immediately start to look down on animefans, always so spiteful.

Don't know if it will interest you guys, but looks like Square is working on a fix for the 15fps battles in FFIV.

They were gone a few hours after going on sale here in Brazil. Now I'll have to wait another batch. ; ;

Are those as crazy expensive as Brazil stereotypes lead me to believe?
don't worry friend i totally got you :>

i heard this question like 200 times already

wtf is a 970

GTX 970. New graphics card

Did you guys buy a 970 yet?

No. I think in 1-2 months we will have cards that will be better regarding performance and noise.
Every time a GPU manufacturer announces new cards the cards that are released 1-2 months later are far better than the one you can get directly at release.

I will still wait for the OR CV1 to buy a new GPU though.

MRORANGE

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and poor posting behaviour.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, ashes on my head than and sorry for reacting harshly. I'm sick of the hate on anime and anime fans. I agree that this can get quite annoying and off topic, especially with gifs. But instead of just telling us to keep it down, people immediately start to look down on animefans, always so spiteful.

Aw, see I don't really visit other threads so I guess I'm not that aware of that. I was just joking, sorry again ;)

Why is the the Premium Edition of Mordor so high up on the Steam charts? This just seems weird to me, why would I preorder the Premium Edition of a new IP where I have no idea if it's good or not? The normal game I kinda get, but some premium thing?

Volimar

I've stopping paying attention to the story in Divinity OS. And the "treat every fight as a bossfight, especially the bossfights" thing is wearing me out. I'm only level 13 and I'm about ready to walk away.

It is a good game, but my lazy mind may not be up to the task of a hardcore CRPG. Also fuck anything or anyone that can cast mass slow.

And just moving around is tedious and slow. And looting stuff off the ground? Hope you have a magnifying glass. It's a very intriguing game and I hope the devs get to make more, but after a while I realized it wasn't for me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Accoun

I wanted to get back to Hearthstone. Updated my old install and... can't get into main menu. It doesn't hang up, just stays on the first loading screen. ;_;

rtcn63

And just moving around is tedious and slow. And looting stuff off the ground? Hope you have a magnifying glass. It's a very intriguing game and I hope the devs get to make more, but after a while I realized it wasn't for me.

Any puzzle that requires you to look for tiny switches that blend into the background and books that don't exist can go fuck itself too. I've resorted to googling shit because this shit is borderline shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any puzzle that requires you to look for tiny switches that blend into the background and books that don't exist can go fuck itself too. I've resorted to googling shit because this shit is borderline shit.

what game is this?

edit: nvm I saw its Divinity

zkylon

zkylewd
wear your enemies' scorn as a badge of honor <3

but really i kinda find it hilarious when ppl hate animu so i love the extreme reactions lol

wasn't really my intention, i just thought that picture was funny but hey what can you do

i'm still totally making a cowboy bebop ranger crew now. feels like it'd be a really good mix of everything, spike's a smart ass martial arts expert, jet's a mechanic, ed's a hacker and faye's a uhh i bet we'll find something for her

GTX 970. New graphics card
yea i figure that but like why is it so special

Saoirse based teledildonics.

i dunno what that is so i'll elect to believe it's something funny of the naughty kind

Lomax

I'm waiting for possible holiday specials, but I'm definitely getting one (unless the 960 ends up being amazing). It's nice to finally have an upgrade to look forward to.

yea i figure that but like why is it so special

Because after years of stagnant growth and mediocre upgrades, a card is finally hitting the market at a price/performance level that justifies upgrading from cards half a decade old.

I like anime but I really despise those animefans that take their hobby too far. Trying to convince everything that anime is the holy grail, revolving their life around this one hobby, thinking of Japan as the country where milk and honey flows.

I am watching anime for about 20 years now, collecting manga for about 15 and really I cant stand newer anime-fans at all. They are acting like they know everything, but in reality watch som entry-level shows like K-On, every new Ecchi airing each season and shounen... Trying to remind anime are also for mature people, then only stating Madoka, FMA and/or Elfenlied *lol*...

but really i kinda find it hilarious when ppl hate animu so i love the extreme reactions lol

I would say that people dont really hate anime because of the medium itself, but because of those people I described up there.
Even I despise those and I think those are the people that give anime in general a bad limpression to people who dont really watch those.

Btw. today I finished Akane the Kunoichi. Wasnt tooo bad, but the controls were kinda strange. It felt like the characters is on ice during the whole game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Because after years of stagnant growth and mediocre upgrades, a card is finally hitting the market at a price/performance level that justifies upgrading from cards half a decade old.
ah that's cool

i'm mega broke but i like how dat sounds

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-F1AFE4DA0FEE4F63 - Taken by astrogamer
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-5947AF414307C2CE - Taken by MillionStabs

zkylon

zkylewd
I like anime but I really despise those animefans that take their hobby too far. Trying to convince everything that anime is the holy grail, revolving their life around this one hobby, thinking of Japan as the country where milk and honey flows.

I am watching anime for about 20 years now, collecting manga for about 15 and really I cant stand newer anime-fans at all. They are acting like they know everything, but in reality watch som entry-level shows like K-On, every new Ecchi airing each season and shounen... Trying to remind anime are also for mature people, then only stating Madoka, FMA and/or Elfenlied *lol*...

I would say that people dont really hate anime because of the medium itself, but because of those people I described up there.
Even I despise those and I think those are the people that give anime in general a bad limpression to people who dont really watch those.

Btw. today I finished Akane the Kunoichi. Wasnt tooo bad, but the controls were kinda strange. It felt like the characters is on ice during the whole game.
i dunno i don't really have an opinion on anime lovers or haters or anime lover haters

i find all sides to be pretty amusing so i'm cool with them all

btw what is madoka, it has the name of something i would like
i actually kind of really liked elfen lied lol

rtcn63

This makes me sad, I thought it was the perfect game and I was so excited to picking it up in the winter sale. :(

It's probably about what reviewers put it- a 7ish out of 10. It's definitely borderline at times, but I mean, it's still enjoyable for the most part.

The second act is just everywhere though. I would've actually preferred a bit more hand holding with regards to advancing the story. It's common to follow the main quest or a side one only to have your progress halted, because you're supposing to be doing another three quests in parallel. If they all converge and are required, why not just count them as one damn quest?

And combat starts off fun once you learn the basic mechanics, but becomes er... less fun with subsequent battles being so stacked against you from the start. Situations where you're surrounded, and by enemies that attack 3+ times in a row.

And melee. Very powerful, but it misses so much (at lower levels at least). Even with your chance-to-hit raised, I'd have it where I saved enough AP for multiple attacks, only to have all of them miss.

Magic is 100% accurate from what I can tell, and has both significantly faster cooldowns and greater variety in attacks.

Zeliard

i heard this question like 200 times already

wtf is a 970

New Nvidia card, getting lots of buzz because of excellent price:performance and impressive power efficiency. It's a great card to upgrade to if you're currently on the 600 line or below.

Chariot

wear your enemies' scorn as a badge of honor <3
SteamGAF is not my enemy. Anime shouldn't be a topic here, at least primary. The thing is that it's mostly people who don't like it, who make it a topic. If everyone who liked it commented on the Wasteland picture and those who don't like it just ignored it, like with most funny pictures, there wouldn't be a discussion. But jokingly or not, people react to it and make it a topic.

As real as these people are - do you see any of those in SteamGAF? We have a lot of anime fans here who enjoy anime, manga and Visual Novels and occasionally connect their hobbies to steam games in various ways. Be it actually playing steam visual novels or mods or something like that. But none of us is going around spamming our favorite anime or preaching how anime will save us.

I love talk about games, I love news and informations, I love reading recommendations and impressions of games, but I also like the trash talk about Pizza, waifus and other useless stuff as long as it goes in limits. And anime talk is always about people not liking anime, never really about people actually liking anime.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's probably about what reviewers put it- a 7ish out of 10. It's definitely borderline at times, but I mean, it's still enjoyable for the most part.

The second act is just everywhere though. I would've actually preferred a bit more hand holding with regards to advancing the story. It's common to follow the main quest or a side one only to have your progress halted, because you're supposing to be doing another three quests in parallel. If they all converge and are required, why not just count them as one damn quest?

And combat starts off fun once you learn the basic mechanics, but becomes er... less fun with subsequent battles being so stacked against you from the start.

And melee. Very powerful, but it misses so much (at lower levels at least). Even with your chance-to-hit raised, I'd have it where I saved enough AP for multiple attacks, only to have all of them miss.

Magic is 100% accurate from what I can tell and significantly faster cooldowns.
interesting

tbh i really didn't find divinity all that interesting for kind of those reasons. i need to play it more at one point but i can't seem to get the feel of playing it, it's like there's just too much to do all at once and nothing seems particularly exciting

New Nvidia card, getting lots of buzz because of excellent price:performance and impressive power efficiency. It's a great card to upgrade to if you're currently on the 600 line or below.

i always ride a couple of series behind so it might be a good upgrade for me like a year from now. my 560 isn't doing too bad with recent games, tho i figure it's got its days numbered, so i'll have it in mind.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
header_292x136.jpg

Well anyone who has the early version of Fault Milestone One you can get into the beta and have the first two Chapters to preview using this code by opting into the beta branch: Beta - English Beta

header_292x136.jpg

Well anyone who has the early version of Fault Milestone One you can get into the beta and have the first two Chapters to preview using this code by opting into the beta branch: Beta - English Beta

Thanks. You gave me this game so thanks to that too.
Finally I can install it and find out how the english translation is.

Regarding VNs and japanese games.
Actually I would love to see more "VNs" with gameplay on Steam. Like some of the Eushully games. I mean the lewd scenes arent really important for these games so it wouldnt be a problem to release an All Ages Version.

rtcn63

interesting

tbh i really didn't find divinity all that interesting for kind of those reasons. i need to play it more at one point but i can't seem to get the feel of playing it, it's like there's just too much to do all at once and nothing seems particularly exciting

The game gives you the illusion of an open world. Most areas are level-locked- if you're not following the main quests, odds are you won't be powerful enough to take on the enemies roaming around. Technically there are ways to sneak past certain places, but you're eventually going to have to face a boss of some sort, and those do not hold back.

And loot rolls when you open a chest, so you can save scum. I've refrained from this, but often the game gives you such shit loot (and since enemies don't respawn, you can't grind) that reloading until you find something decent becomes very appealing.

zkylon

zkylewd
SteamGAF is not my enemy. Anime shouldn't be a topic here, at least primary. The thing is that it's mostly people who don't like it, who make it a topic. If everyone who liked it commented on the Wasteland picture and those who don't like it just ignored it, like with most funny pictures, there wouldn't be a discussion. But jokingly or not, people react to it and make it a topic.
i see what you mean

i also see you need to lighten up <3

Miguel81

At least the Blacklist installer lets you actually choose the directory you want to install it in, I guess.

Did you pick up the Homeland Pack? I missed out on the Deluxe, but I picked that one up since it was/is on sale. OTOH, The High Power Pack seems unnecessary.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The worst naming convention.
Well, it IS the company that gave us such gems as "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days" and "Dissidia [duodecim] 012 Final Fantasy".

I think it was a very interesting take on the character. He don't have to be "evil", he isn't a chaotic psychopath like the Joker or a crimelord like Penguin, he isn't bound by any specific goal like Freeze or cursed with something abnormal like Croc. He - though the details can change with every writer - can't lie and is a big fan of mind games and puzzles. And even if we take his rivalry with Batman into the equation, there is nothing that made him necessary evil. While he isn't as intelligent as Batman and way worse equipped (especially his Arkham variant is almost pathetic), but he is a smart guy and could do a lot of good, even if he would only be doing it for his own ego. He was quite pleased to annoy Batman without him being able to apprehend him.

Speaking of which, there are a lot of interesting variants of Batman villains that are not really evil or at least not completely black. The characterization of the villains in the Arkham games is very shallow. They're insane, evil and have schtick, only Origins tried to give some of them a personality and a reason.
Oh I know who the Riddler is (that is a nice writeup btw! :) ) and everything, it was just that the "good" thing threw me for a loop... he'd be an anti hero at best :p

#dead

Every couple months we may have to just remind people to rein in their post quality.
Like with a gently nudge?

I'm waiting for the mobile version.

derExperte

No. I think in 1-2 months we will have cards that will be better regarding performance and noise.
Every time a GPU manufacturer announces new cards the cards that are released 1-2 months later are far better than the one you can get directly at release.

Can't say that that has been my experience in the past. Some of the custom 970s available right now are extremly quiet and can be overclocked a lot, check out the reviews or comments in the GAF threads regarding for example the MSI 970. AMD unfortunately won't have an adequate answer and NV will release a 960 but that's about it, other than maybe slightly lower prices (I've seen the opposite due to high demand in the past) I don't think waiting will get you anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game gives you an illusion of an open world. Most areas are level-locked- if you're not following the main quests, odds are you won't be powerful enough to take on the enemies roaming around. Technically there are ways to sneak past certain places, but you're eventually going to have to face a boss of some sort, and those do not hold back.

And loot rolls when you open a chest, so you can save scum. I've refrained from this, but often the game gives you such shit loot (and since enemies don't respawn, you can't grind) that save scumming becomes very appealing.
save scuming is not really a problem of mine, i'm not the completionist or min maxer type so i don't really give a shit. i generally have a better time when i'm dealt a bad hand and gotta make do however i can

but i dunno, divinity's weird, i just don't find myself playing it. like with shadowrun or dead state or wasteland 2 (after i do my spidey investigation) i don't have such problems

i think it's in part thanks to me not being too familiar with divinity games and with larian, and with the universe seeming so straight high fantasy. like dead state is a fucking zombie game but mitsoda just reels me in so easily, it's crazy. same for eternity whenever that's out (and after i do my spidey investigation)

just a weird game overall, i bet i'll play it like a year from now and love it

We can't be friends.
Madoka is a Magical Girl anime. You should watch it.
i think i even cried a bit and everything, it's really bad.

can't handle little girls being tortured and all that

nowhere near my favorite anime (that would be paranoia agent) but i enjoyed/suffered it

rtcn63

I'd wait just because cards (and other computer equipment) regularly get discounted during the holidays. And to see which ones are reliable- I have a Gigabyte GTX 670, but apparently the same iteration of the GTX 770 is problematic.

EDIT: There's an entire section with spiders in Divinity. With an environmental "wind" that slows your characters, and spider eggs that if you don't destroy right away, will hatch even more spiders.

And there's a large spider queen. On a 23" 1080p screen, she was THERE.

Volimar

Dead Rising gameplay on GTX860m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lop38hwxdJY

that also how it look on GTX660m and GTX760m and below
it doesn't matter low or high , after several minutes , the game will turn into slideshow

0n GTX 780m and 880m its solid 30 frames and high sitting

I have GeForce GT 750m

It runs okay on low settings, but the cut scenes are slideshow, and the laptop gets pretty hot fairly quick. I know next to nothing about settings and cards and all that... I just play it in short bursts.

You can beat this main quest in like 2 hours. Side quests are where it's at.
Definitely agree.
The main quest overall was kinda "okay" but the game as a whole is pretty radical.

First paragraph sounds a lot like me. Second paragraph I was like "yup, oh yeah did that, wait what? Huh? Oh, legendary edition." DLC, man. I don't even know what the definitive version of a game is anymore.
I actually only have the DLC that allows you to build a house, I haven't purchased the Dawnguard DLC or any of the other stuff yet, probably should've gotten the legendary edition in retrospect, I didn't know I'd enjoy the game so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom