• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-8A9109A6D2BFA222 - Taken by Teppic. 46 entrants total.

t1411327056z1.png

Sendou

I don't see how they can determine this list. How do they know if game X at number 1 sold more or less than game Y at number 1 at a different time of the week?

I'm not sure if I understood what you mean but as far as I know that is just a list of games that made most dough last week.

Saty

... from the last week?

A lot of people still don't know Valve supply Top 10 charts on a weekly basis, it's just no website is posting them other than Bluesnews.

Stump, can you write a script that checks the player counter at http://dayz.com/ from Sunday to Sunday so we can get estimations of unit sold since DayZ is always among the top10? Too lazy to do manual weekly checking.

Miguel81

Dark Souls at 158hrs.

It's a mix of King's Field, a character action game, and a hostile MMO. My character class was a Thief and I played through with a dex/int build. The atmosphere/artstyle is probably one of the greatest of all time imo, and owes a lot to dark Western fantasy. From Soft. have always had this type of aesthetic all the way back to the Japanese King's Field(try it if you can put up with the jank). I spent a lot of time exploring and just immersing myself in the world -- reason for padded game time. It's a hard game for any newcomer or more casual fan of this medium and some of the bosses are ridiculously tough. The Iron Golem, specifically, put the pounding on me until I summoned trusty Tarkus. Lordran is not a nice place, but I'll be back as soon as there is a Steamworks patch.

Edit: I would freakin' love to have the King's Field series on Steam. The original games would have benefited TREMENDOUSLY from WASD/mouse freelook.

Exuro

I'm not sure if I understood what you mean but as far as I know that is just a list of games that made most dough last week.
I made the assumption they were basing it off the Top Sellers list.

A lot of people still don't know Valve supply Top 10 charts on a weekly basis, it's just no website is posting them other than Bluesnews.
If this is the case then nevermind. Didn't know Valve did this.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having problems getting QL to work properly? Menu works and all, but as soon as I want to start a game, nothing happens except for a little loading icon in the corner.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So I tend to love tactical/strategy games -- games like FTL and Frozen Synapse are perfect for me. Are there any 'hidden gems' out there on Steam? A lot of the best (like the two above) get popular enough that people have heard of them, but I'm perfectly fine playing some of the 'under polished' ones that never really get much attention.

Any recommendations? (I'm down for a wide range of genres, from roguelike to tactical squad sims to tower defense to 4x). What i'm really searching for are the hidden gems that nobody talks about, I can find the more obvious ones by listening/googling (and probably already have bought them).

Hmm, It's still in early access but I think you may find this quite interesting.

oh , i thought you can't get achievements in offline mode

You can, the only difference is that the pop up is missing the unique image.

Volimar

I finished season 2 of TWD.

yeah...

Whereas season one was redeemed by the feels at the end, in season 2 I couldn't wait to be free of Sarah and later Kenny. Also, it got pretty ridiculous the decisions they placed on a little girl...

Well, it looks like I'm buying Shadow of Mordor.

The twitch stream in the other thread sold me on it.

twitch stream you say?

dammit! Really tempted but I know I'll kick myself if I buy it now and it comes to pc >_<

It's 15 dollars, not much to kick yourself for. Buy it so that more episodes get made. Performance is fine and the game looks nice outside of alising, not a Deadly Premonition situation.

I'm working on Playfire money but if I'm diligent I'll have about $46 in my account, leaving me only $4 to pay for Mordor.

I'm just waiting on console reviews, because I'm excited but cautious. But it is Monolith...

Vlad

So I tend to love tactical/strategy games -- games like FTL and Frozen Synapse are perfect for me. Are there any 'hidden gems' out there on Steam? A lot of the best (like the two above) get popular enough that people have heard of them, but I'm perfectly fine playing some of the 'under polished' ones that never really get much attention.

Any recommendations? (I'm down for a wide range of genres, from roguelike to tactical squad sims to tower defense to 4x). What i'm really searching for are the hidden gems that nobody talks about, I can find the more obvious ones by listening/googling (and probably already have bought them).

While it's not really "tactical" in the same way as the games you mentioned, I can never recommend Toribash enough. It's free to play (the good kind. You can buy stuff but it's 100% cosmetic), and only recently arrived on Steam. I made a post about it in one of the Indie Game threads a while back, but the short version is that it's kind of a turn-based physics-based fighting game. Think of it like Frozen Synapse in a way, you and the other guy set up your moves at the same time, and when you're both done, the game plays out for a certain number of frames.

Tesseract

Banned
i think your most played speaks for itself, as it gives everyone an idea of what you're into. the whys are always encouraged, of course.

i missed the spam bit in the faq, apologies.

Accoun

Not bad.

Code:
[20:39] <orboksanci> Zoot, do you have any idea, how this 6k number compares to a week earlier?
[20:40] <@zlive> 6k is enormous compared to a week earlier orboksanci
[20:40] <moogled> 5k more than usual
[20:40] <@zlive> ^
[20:40] <syncerror> 6k on steam alone
[20:40] <@zlive> how many on standalone atm?
[20:40] <syncerror> We've been 7k+ all day
[20:40] <phuzionql> yeah
[20:40] <syncerror> 8k atm
[20:40] <syncerror> or more

Nabs

Not bad.

Code:
[20:39] <orboksanci> Zoot, do you have any idea, how this 6k number compares to a week earlier?

Hey, that's great. Now give us some public Instagib servers. C'mon. Just a few.

I almost signed up for a month of pro to start my own server, until I realized they didn't have a month of pro! Bullet dodged!

Lomax

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/155160/steam-top-10

FF13 bomba. Weird, wasn't it on top of the top10 and then part of it longer than Wasteland2 was?

It was two days of a pre-release at a fairly low price, it's not that surprising. Sales the week of release will be more telling. All those other titles are 3-4 times the price or significant sales. That was what was all the more surprising when Isaac Rebirth made the list (and notice it has already dropped out as well). If anything was a bomb it's Final Fantasy IV, and that may not bode well for getting more releases like that.

It was two days of a pre-release at a fairly low price, it's not that surprising. Sales the week of release will be more telling. All those other titles are 3-4 times the price or significant sales. That was what was all the more surprising when Isaac Rebirth made the list (and notice it has already dropped out as well). If anything was a bomb it's Final Fantasy IV, and that may not bode well for getting more releases like that.

Watching people pass up FF IV for the chance to buy FF XIII earlier without even being able to play it is a bit of a bummer.

Patison

Maybe someone still doesn't have it...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Patison:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Patison, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco -- MB-9935D2F8383A6454 - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.

t1411326697z1.png

tmarg

It also had fairly significant discounts at other distributors, so there may have been a lot of sales not counted in those statistics.

Volimar

Watching this Shadow of Mordor stream, I'm so happy that games like this and Inqusition are straddling genres with the strategy elements.

fantomena

Not bad.

Code:

What game?

I don't know who came up with the film reel hunting in L.A. Noire but things like that come back as a boomerang. That had to be the worst collect-a-thon I suffered in a while, ugh.

Only the miles achievements and a hidden on left for the 100% and I can put this one to bed.

iosefe

Would anyone be interested in playing a fresh world with fresh characters in terraria with me? I was gauging interest not too long ago and saw a couple interested people.

I thought it might be fun that each of us makes a hardcore character and go from there, medium map.

Multiplayer really is what's keeps Terraria going

Tizoc

Spent the last 90 minutes playing FF4. Grinding for a few levels outside Kaipo and just defeated the Octomammoth. What the game lacks in graphics, it makes up in the gameplay. Nearing Level 20, but man some of the archiac concepts rear its ugly head here.

Will indulge myself to Spoony Bard in the next day hehe.

Are the two DLC packs for Ironclad Tactics included in the deluxe edition? So if you get the "deluxe upgrade" it's basically like buying the DLCs and getting a bunch of extra content for another dollar?

Deques

Are the two DLC packs for Ironclad Tactics included in the deluxe edition? So if you get the "deluxe upgrade" it's basically like buying the DLCs and getting a bunch of extra content for another dollar?

Yup, the dlcs are included in the Deluxe version. Better get it than the game and dlcs seperately

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Spent the last 90 minutes playing FF4. Grinding for a few levels outside Kaipo and just defeated the Octomammoth. What the game lacks in graphics, it makes up in the gameplay. Nearing Level 20, but man some of the archiac concepts rear its ugly head here.

Will indulge myself to Spoony Bard in the next day hehe.

I'm having a great time with the game myself. I've not played the 3D version before and it's growing on me. The character models aren't really the best, but the environments are so much nicer than the original sprite-based ones.

I was also happy to see that the bard was, indeed, still "Spoony"

*Apparently one of the developers in the secret developer room makes a comment about how they checked and found that the bard was still "Spoony".

Hugstable

Banned
I'm having a great time with the game myself. I've not played the 3D version before and it's growing on me. The character models aren't really the best, but the environments are so much nicer than the original sprite-based ones.

I was also happy to see that the bard was, indeed, still "Spoony"

*Apparently one of the developers in the secret developer room makes a comment about how they checked and found that the bard was still "Spoony".

So the PC port is atleast playable? I think I'm just gonna buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom