• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

Would anyone be interested in playing a fresh world with fresh characters in terraria with me? I was gauging interest not too long ago and saw a couple interested people.

I thought it might be fun that each of us makes a hardcore character and go from there, medium map.

Multiplayer really is what's keeps Terraria going

I added you on steam haven't played in a while but hopefully can get back into it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So the PC port is atleast playable? I think I'm just gonna buy it

It's very playable, I think. It was a bit jarring at first (especially the attack animations) but it's definitely growing on me. The achievements seem nicely spaced out, except for the end-game stuff of course. If I recall, there are 5-6 achievements that basically require you to start a new game+, over level your characters, fight a few optional bosses, then beat the game again (on hard mode). I'm crazy though so I'll probably end up doing it.

Kiru

I don't know who came up with the film reel hunting in L.A. Noire but things like that come back as a boomerang. That had to be the worst collect-a-thon I suffered in a while, ugh.

Only the miles achievements and a hidden on left for the 100% and I can put this one to bed.
Didn't even try to collect those film reels, I knew of their existence, but never found one myself. I got the miles achievements during driving from Hollywood all across town a few times trying to get all Street Crimes in between missions... I tortured myself enough, no need for the 100%. Can't get it anyway without owning the DLC.

Volimar

Wow, so cool. In Shadow of Mordor
if you die, the person that kills you gets promoted in the ranks even if it's some random enemy.

legacyzero

Banned
Enslaved, you can be so purdy sometimes.

ib0sXtjXe15uEF.png

Jawmuncher

Why on earth would you want that?

I'd rather they spent their time working on a real DMC game.

The characters that appear in the game wouldn't take away from it being a real DMC game though. It's not like the DMC story is all that great anyway. We really only have one game (DMC3) out of the original 4 that was even worth a damn in that department.

So Japanese Developed but they decided to throw in the other characters from DmC alongside the original characters.

zkylon

zkylewd
The characters that appear in the game wouldn't take away from it being a real DMC game though. It's not like the DMC story is all that great anyway. We really only have one game (DMC3) out of the original 4 that was even worth a damn in that department.

So Japanese Developed but they decided to throw in the other characters from DmC alongside the original characters.
haven't played stupid capitalized dmc, does it have any characters worthy of showing up again?

i mean it's not like the blonde girl from dmc1 was any good either, but i just want dante and maybe vergil and a whole lot of insanity like in dmc3

no overarching story, no super deep universe, just a big ass tower with crazy ppl and monsters in it

I still want to see a new DMC game that will combine DmC and DMC. Hell portals and what not would make it a easy thing to pull off story wise.

Dante and Nero join forces to destroy the DmC universe once and for all.

Actually, I don't hate DmC that much. But I still hope they go back to the old series.

Tenrius

is the thief viable? I started with a warrior and thief but I'm afraid that later in the game the thief become useless

Well, the game has a fairly flexible role-playing system, so you should be fine. Just invest in some magic/weapon skills later on. The stealth/lockpicking skills are sometimes useful, but mostly gimmicky.

I want to play, but i'm sure my laptop wouldn't run it, and my desktop is at my parent's place and I don't live there anymore. Fuck it, i'm downloading right now, gonna have someone dropbox me my save file.

For the record, I am playing it on my laptop. Well, I play all my Steam games on it.

Deitus

We'll have to agree to disagree then. As dumb as the story in every DMC game is (including the reboot), a crossover game sounds even dumber.

haven't played stupid capitalized dmc, does it have any characters worthy of showing up again?

Not really, no. The only characters with any depth in the game are Dante and Vergil, and they aren't really different enough in terms of fighting style or personality to make a crossover like that interesting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gone Home -- MB-6F79AD39509F95FF - Taken by Kifimbo
Bioshock -- MB-7C09D9F5190B5653 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Papers, Please -- MB-E681DD0999989A11 - Taken by Purkake4

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

iosefe

for anyone interested in doing Terraria, i've got a server running at the following ip:

(quote to see)

again, the idea is that we all play hardcore, and outlive eachother. that doesn't mean you can't make a new guy when you die. feel free. see you in-game

Hugstable

Banned
It's very playable, I think. It was a bit jarring at first (especially the attack animations) but it's definitely growing on me. The achievements seem nicely spaced out, except for the end-game stuff of course. If I recall, there are 5-6 achievements that basically require you to start a new game+, over level your characters, fight a few optional bosses, then beat the game again (on hard mode). I'm crazy though so I'll probably end up doing it.

Sweet just picked it up myself and looks better than I thought it was going to. This version of FFIV is just so good with the augments and yhe added challenge. Achievements are gonna make this aersome for me since I haven't played it since DS version. Starting the game on Hard myself.

Locust

Nothing like getting called out by the developer.

They're both being idiots, the seller for advertising grey market sales on a forum that the dev frequents and Smart is talking out of his ass.
The guy has just bought russian steam gifts and they're in his inventory, there's no scam there.

Really, with developers being this oblivious to this stuff its no wonder if region locks start being on by default. Could even be already happening.

zkylon

zkylewd
for some reaosn you can't quicksave while you're walking in dragonfall

how these guys can have so much trouble implementing the simplest of functions is beyond me

They're both being idiots, the seller for advertising grey market sales on a forum that the dev frequents and Smart is talking out of his ass.
The guy has just bought russian steam gifts and they're in his inventory, there's no scam there.

Really, with developers being this oblivious to this stuff its no wonder if region locks start being on by default.

Indeed.

Besides, this is \Smart we're talking about here. The guy's known for being full of shit and doing whatever he can to cause controversy.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone else playing Wasteland 2? I actually have to ask, how does one edit a character's attributes from xml files?

I'd rather not do that, but one of my party is completely useless by the point where I am it seems as I've made him a jack of all trades and I don't want to start over.

PS: Steam won't ban me or anything daft like that would they?

who the heck is carmilla in lords of shadow 2

She was in the previous game.

Gonna come out of nowhere with this question

What are the chances a lot of the games that have issues on Windows 8/8.1(Fallout 3, GTAIV, and Resident Evil 5 come to mind right off the top I know there are others)will work fine on Windows 9?

iosefe

just a reminder for anyone that would want to join. currently, it's me and dot
or anyone interested in doing Terraria, i've got a server running at the following ip:

(quote to see)

again, the idea is that we all play hardcore, and outlive eachother. that doesn't mean you can't make a new guy when you die. feel free. see you in-game[/QUOTE]

tmarg

just a reminder for anyone that would want to join. currently, it's me and dot
or anyone interested in doing Terraria, i've got a server running at the following ip:

(quote to see)

again, the idea is that we all play hardcore, and outlive eachother. that doesn't mean you can't make a new guy when you die. feel free. see you in-game
[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out if anyone is still playing when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom