• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

So Life is Feudal: Your Own is the new hot thing on Steam. Why? I don't remember anyone here talking about it. Are we old and not up to date to what the young folks play these days?

It's another psychopath sandbox MMO, this time medieval-skinned instead of zombie or floppy dong.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I really wouldn't get your hopes up about that one.
All they've shown so far takes less than a week's work in Unity with asset store bought stuff =p

... and most (if not all) of what they've shown IS asset store bought stuff ;)

AsfaeksBR

Finished F.E.A.R.
That was amazing!

Is F.E.A.R. 2 as good as the first one? Or at least the gameplay, is it as good? As scary?

rybrad

Is there anywhere to get a Steam copy of Lords of the Fallen besides Steam? I checked with a trader who said it was region locked and I can't even find it on any of the other usual stores. Is this a Steam store exclusive then or what?

So they added achievements to the Dreamcast collection games? That's nice.
Oh that is least of it, they allowed their games to be rendered past their native resolutions- shit you not, before this, Sonic Adventure was sub720 stretched out even in fullscreen.

There was no amount of distance to sit back from the monitor to make It look good.

Modding Gone Wrong

2014-09-21_00001nju7j.jpg
lol
Were you playing like that the whole time?

I come back to an awesome thread title. Who's the beautiful bastard that got that done?

There were some people in the last thread that expressed interest in seeing how my gaming collection looked once I got everything set up in my new house. So today I have about 90% of everything put in the right spot so I decided to take some photos. I'm not going to post them directly but here is an Imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/5uMPK

Sorry for the (slightly) OT

That's pretty awesome dude

Shadownet

Banned
There were some people in the last thread that expressed interest in seeing how my gaming collection looked once I got everything set up in my new house. So today I have about 90% of everything put in the right spot so I decided to take some photos. I'm not going to post them directly but here is an Imgur album:

Huh I don't see any PC games on that shelf.

chixdiggit

So Life is Feudal: Your Own is the new hot thing on Steam. Why? I don't remember anyone here talking about it. Are we old and not up to date to what the young folks play these days?

I played for a couple of hours and am not really sold on it. The game has a steep learning curve and in no time in that two hours did anything remotely fun or interesting happen. It looks decent is about the only thing I can say about it as of now.

Some really bad games, some nice ones.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Day One: Garry's incident -- MB-11C752BA4B24A14C - Taken by bronson. 4 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-B723987E15F03C0B - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-5D5DA6412014D106 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-A30B7CC224DF5DC5 - Taken by gaiadyne. 4 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-98991CBAA05ADAD2 - Taken by prudislav. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-1A5694F560E890E1 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Edge -- MB-0CC7A719D2AA6160 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-B5DB4ADFC47546BF - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Final Slam 2 -- MB-E63194267B0EC9B7 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Critical Mass -- MB-75668C78719078F7 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-40179708B7F44077 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-65A2892116A33DF3 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1411354358z1.png

Totally jealous of your 3DS collection ;)

Actually, after building up an insurmountable backlog on PC I told myself I'd do better on 3DS. Well, that didn't happen. I only have about 10 or so games but almost half are shrink wrapped and I'm considering pre-ordering a few more. This collection bug is too strong :(

But then I see your collection and I feel happier :p

I think it must have been a Youtube streamer. I can't think of any other reason it came out of nowhere and topped the charts. Game looks like classic Pewdiepie bait too.

Finished F.E.A.R.
That was amazing!

Is F.E.A.R. 2 as good as the first one? Or at least the gameplay, is it as good? As scary?
Fear 2 isn't really better or worse than the first fear, it's sort of like a sidegrade to the original fear, some things aren't as good(the shotgun feels worse) but other things are improved(Alma is more effed up)

Definitely worth a playthrough though.

Hugstable

Banned

Oh god that's amazing. My DS collection is sitting at about 13 games right now, thinking about picking up Radiant Historia (I've played it though already) since I see it's on Amazon for a decent price. Alot of DS games prices went up recently, Dragon Quest V especially which I sadly don't have a copy of anymore either :(.

On topic, I ended up buying Final Fantasy IV and like it already. I already expected the textures though considering they kept it much the same how it was in the DS port. The gameplay is what I enjoy in this one though, as it gets pretty tough later on and you have to make use of buffs and spells like blink. Has some cool ultra bosses too and other post game content. The developer room is some funny stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Huh I don't see any PC games on that shelf.

It's there, just have to look closer... (sorry for the somewhat bad camera - it's kinda hard to photograph stuff like this and do it justice)

RFh0mOX.png

There are a few classics here like Diablo 1 and Final Fantasy VII, but it's mostly things I've bought which redeem on Steam.

Totally jealous of your 3DS collection ;)

Actually, after building up an insurmountable backlog on PC I told myself I'd do better on 3DS. Well, that didn't happen. I only have about 10 or so games but almost half are shrink wrapped and I'm considering pre-ordering a few more. This collection bug is too strong :(

But then I see your collection and I'm feel happier :p

Obviously I'm getting more enjoyment from the 3DS games than the Vita, although a big part of it is that I feel comfortable buying digital things from Sony and don't feel comfortable at all buying digitally from Nintendo.

Oh god that's amazing. My DS collection is sitting at about 13 games right now, thinking about picking up Radiant Historia (I've played it though already) since I see it's on Amazon for a decent price. Alot of DS games prices went up recently, Dragon Quest V especially which I sadly don't have a copy of anymore either :(.

There are still quite a few games I want to pick up for the DS but I'm hoping that the prices on some of them will go down once they're no longer backwards compatible. Probably wishful thinking on some of them.

Shadownet

Banned
It's there, just have to look closer... (sorry for the somewhat bad camera - it's kinda hard to photograph stuff like this and do it justice)

RFh0mOX.png

There are a few classics here like Diablo 1 and Final Fantasy VII, but it's mostly things I've bought which redeem on Steam.

I was just grilling you buddy lol I know 99% of your PC games are digital steam copies :p But an impressive collection nonetheless. It look like you have plenty of space left for future contents :)

rtcn63

I like TR more than Uncharted 1 and 2, if that means anything. Less linear, and with the ability to upgrade your weaponry AND carry all of them at once. Elena's face > Lara's though.

Sajjaja

Does anyone have that korean comic panel where they look at the dude's internet history and their eyes widen or something like that?

Sarcasm

Still up for grabs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-05A85096BF05A8FD - Taken by astrogamer. 2 entrants total.

t1411318116z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was just grilling you buddy lol I know 99% of your PC games are digital steam copies :p But an impressive collection nonetheless. It look like you have plenty of space left for future contents :)

Yep, I acquired some extra shelf space in the move so I've got enough space to properly case up the rest of my Genesis collection and maybe even have some room to buy a few new 3DS / DS games. :)

Anyway, I've put a little over 8 hours into Final Fantasy IV and the more I play of it, the more I'm liking it. It's a really solid purchase if you're a fan, even at $15.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom