• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Yep, I acquired some extra shelf space in the move so I've got enough space to properly case up the rest of my Genesis collection and maybe even have some room to buy a few new 3DS / DS games. :)

Do you have any Collector Edition stuff? I see you have room for a statue here or there :) I would totally put my Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 statues up there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How much did the Blink Bundle "Something for Everyone Bundle 2" cost when it first launched? Was it 4.99?

Edit: yes, confirmed.

DocSeuss

welp

my tire just exploded. Looks like the rest of 'em are close to it.

I had hoped to use the cash I earned from this next Kotaku piece and this Other Secret Magazine Piece to buy a 970. Now I will be buying a set of tires.

I knew something would happen to ruin my birthday. Ugh. Bye bye, money. Hello, tires.

Obviously I'm getting more enjoyment from the 3DS games than the Vita, although a big part of it is that I feel comfortable buying digital things from Sony and don't feel comfortable at all buying digitally from Nintendo.

I really do wish they would get their shit together with digital distribution. I live in a country where Nintendo has no official presence so I have to import every game I want. Meaning it costs more and I have to wait weeks before I can play it. Totally sucks :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much did the Blink Bundle "Something for Everyone Bundle 2" cost when it first launched? Was it 4.99?

Yes.

I really do wish they would get their shit together with digital distribution. I live in a country where Nintendo has no official presence so I have to import every game I want. Meaning is costs more and I have to wait weeks before I can play it. Totally sucks :\

And yet you continue to do it. You're a corporate slave!

welp

I had hoped to use the cash I earned from this next Kotaku piece and this Other Secret Magazine Piece to buy a 970. Now I will be buying a set of tires.

I knew something would happen to ruin my birthday. Ugh. Bye bye, money. Hello, tires.

Why not refill them with air? Usually they "explode" because they are too flat because of missing air.

Thats what my mechanic told me, when I had about 1,6 bar in one tire and it exploded on the highway. There is almost no other reason why it would explode, he told me.

DocSeuss

Why not refill them with air? Usually they "explode" because they are too flat because of missing air.

Thats what my mechanic told me, when I had about 1,6 bar in one tire and it exploded on the highway. There is almost no other reason why it would explode, he told me.

I refilled it with air a few days ago. All of them were far, far beyond where they should have been. I was told a year ago to buy new tires by a mechanic, but I was hoping to replace 'em in January.

Ozium

just played civ for like 10 hours straight... finally saved my game and then quit..

dunno waht to do now..

probably gonna start up civ in a few minutes

iosefe

just played civ for like 10 hours straight... finally saved my game and then quit..

dunno waht to do now..

probably gonna start up civ in a few minutes

wanna duel? we can try a quick ish game. maybe add a 3rd or 4th?

netcode can be shitty though, so who knows

Most annoying thing about TGS was the MGS Collection being a clothing range.
I mean wtf.
I wanted the 2nd part of that gaffers prophecy to come true about the MGS1-4 coming to Steam.
I feel you.
Though it must be pretty tough for devs to do non-game-reveals like these. No matter what they'll tease, people gonna get hyped for the biggest possible thing. I mean, if this was revealed/released stealthy, it would get under the radar of most folks. This way people are disappointed. Really no way not to loose. On itself it's pretty cool to have official MGS clothing, even though I won't be getting it :p

About your annoyance. I am fairly confident Kojima's gonna bring the Legacy Collection on Steam, sooner or later. Once he opens up on a new platform, he goes full in. Look how a series associated with Sony became so multi in a short time. They went to the XBOX conference for their first big gameplay demo. And now Steam fairly short thereafter.

But we have to be a bit more patient. GZ & PP are their big guns. Hype get's flat when trying to spread it. I can imagine GZ releasing in 3-5 months and after that confirmation or at least leaks of Legacy PC for release either shortly before PP or after.

Wonder whether ToraShiro lurks this thread? He clearly knows about everything.
---
I looked a few pages back to see if this was old, but couldn't find anything.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ch/en/pc/games/simulation/welcome-pack/
GMG is offering some free (meh*) stuff if you subscribe to their newsletter.
*IMHO
Mmh, I am on their NL since a long time but didn't get an email? Already have all games but maybe some here would want them. Great find!
---
There were some people in the last thread that expressed interest in seeing how my gaming collection looked once I got everything set up in my new house. So today I have about 90% of everything put in the right spot so I decided to take some photos. I'm not going to post them directly but here is an Imgur album:
http://imgur.com/a/5uMPK
Sorry for the (slightly) OT
Looks super nice! That DeLorean :O

I look at my Steam library from time to time but I feel some magic is lost without physicality.
---
It's my birthday so here's a game that's kind of like myself: flawed but at least they tried (also easy on the eyes)
Happy birthday, man!
---
welp
You should get some of these.
tire4.jpg

Sorry for not being able to get a 970, but hey look at the bright side. Once you'll find the money, you'll probably get them cheaper!

Apologizes to PhantomSpiker if he's a regular here and I somehow didn't realize it... but is PhantomSpiker a GAFer? Better yet, is he a SteamGAFer?

I just had to verify that I am actually using my humble account similar to steam; verification code to my email.
Never had that happen with humble before and more importantly I am using the same Laptop and browser as usual. That's weird.

Volimar

I just had to verify that I am actually using my humble account similar to steam; verification code to my email.
Never had that happen with humble before and more importantly I am using the same Laptop and browser as usual. That's weird.

This actually happens to me almost every time I try to buy through HB.

Turfster

So uh... Dragonfall DC still has some really awful bugs.
I'm now looking at an exit I cannot select with my last team member still in the map...
The world just goes black around her and I can't click the fucking thing...

So yeah, I'm out an hour and a half...

Fuck, I had so may things to do this weekend that I was only able to play like 30 minutes of Wasteland 2, which barely got me out of the character creation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Day One: Garry's incident -- MB-11C752BA4B24A14C - Taken by bronson. 4 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-B723987E15F03C0B - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-5D5DA6412014D106 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-A30B7CC224DF5DC5 - Taken by gaiadyne. 4 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-98991CBAA05ADAD2 - Taken by prudislav. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-1A5694F560E890E1 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Edge -- MB-0CC7A719D2AA6160 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-B5DB4ADFC47546BF - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Final Slam 2 -- MB-E63194267B0EC9B7 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.

Critical Mass -- MB-75668C78719078F7 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-40179708B7F44077 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-65A2892116A33DF3 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1411354358z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Wasteland 1 (GOG) -- MB-2A84837FA64BF52E - Taken by Sarcasm

The best trpg of the millienum or a tower defense game, should be an easy decision :p

Hell no, it's not even the best trpg of this year.

EdmondD

Man, Shadows of Mordor looks amazing. Thanks for the link to that stream. I was already hyped but now I'm really anticipating this game. Monolith still got that magic. The story is going to bug the shit out of me though I think. I'm not a Tolkien purist or anything like that just seems like they are taking way too many liberties with the lore. Not a big deal though. Gameplay is what matters and the game looks really fun.

Divinity is great but I much prefer the setting and writing of Wasteland 2. In terms of combat mechanics I don't see Divinity being bested any time soon though.

Fair enough. I don't know how I feel about Wasteland 2's writing yet. The dialogue and character work hasn't been bad, but the setting feels like a retread of Fallout minus all the things that made Fallout unique.

Fair enough. I don't know how I feel about Wasteland 2's writing yet. The dialogue and character work hasn't been bad, but the setting feels like a retread of Fallout minus all the things that made Fallout unique.

How far in are you? The canyon area I'm currently at is hilarious and feels like it could have come right out of Fallout, although it's a bit more droll. If nothing else I really enjoy the reactivity in the game. There have been a few moments that seemed like cutscenes or predetermined scenarios that you could effect before they became an issue. For example, at once point you come across a raider about to ambush a group that ends in everyone dying but if you snipe the raider such a fate is avoided. Lots of stuff like that throughout.

rybrad

I'm feeling like I should just bail out of the main campaign and play Dragonfall.
I would do that, you won't be missing anything good really. I haven't tried the Director's Cut for Dragonfall yet but I would give that a go, it looks like they made some significant improvements.

Miguel81

I hope we get Ground Zeroes soon now that TPP is nearing completion. My MGS skills are rusty and are in need of some WD-40. Personally, I just can't wait to play the game(s).

No MGS Collection coming to Steam was a huge disappointment -- Damn you, Kojima and your trolling!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope we get Ground Zeroes soon now that TPP is nearing completion. My MGS skills are rusty and are in need of some WD-40. Personally, I just can't wait to play the game(s). No MGS Collection on Steam was a huge disappointment -- Damn you, Kojima and your trolling!

Judging from when the apps appeared in the registry, Konami began working on TPP before GZ. I think history will repeat itself and GZ's pre-order will go live as a Daily Deal during the Winter Sale.

I hope we get Ground Zeroes soon now that TPP is nearing completion. My MGS skills are rusty and are in need of some WD-40. Personally, I just can't wait to play the game(s).

No MGS Collection coming to Steam was a huge disappointment -- Damn you, Kojima and your trolling!

He's still trolling us super hard :( There's been no word of a release date for GZ on PC since the initial reveal to my knowledge.

AsfaeksBR

Judging from when the apps appeared in the registry, Konami began working on TPP before GZ. I think history will repeat itself and GZ's pre-order will go live as a Daily Deal during the Winter Sale.

If TPP is really near completion, what are the odds GZ will be a Pre-Order bonus for TPP, and sold separately to those who decide not to the Pre-Order?

Miguel81

I'd be okay with this. Valve require definite release dates for pre-orders, is that right?

I would do that, you won't be missing anything good really. I haven't tried the Director's Cut for Dragonfall yet but I would give that a go, it looks like they made some significant improvements.

Yeah I wasn't having the best time with the main campaign. It looks liked they also improved the UI in the director's cut, which is nifty.

Random side-note but the text speed in KOTOR II is killing me. Does anyone know how to slow it down?

Miguel81

Yeah I wasn't having the best time with the main campaign. It looks liked they also improved the UI in the director's cut, which is nifty.

Random side-note but the text speed in KOTOR II is killing me. Does anyone know how to slow it down?

I don't remember having that issue, but it was a while back that I played through it. Are you using the more recent unofficial patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom