• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I think it's best to let a few days pass so that all the hilarious jokesters and meme artists can get the curator bug out of their system before we start taking it seriously.

Clearly you don't remember the Greenlight launch... at the current rate, in a week it will require a donation to become a curator. Sometimes it seems like Valve doesn't understand that they are on the same internet as the rest of the world.

Clearly you don't remember the Greenlight launch... at the current rate, in a week it will require a donation to become a curator. Sometimes it seems like Valve doesn't understand that they are on the same internet as the rest of the world.

yeah which is why you have to pay to use tags right

My biggest issue is I have a lot of stuff that I don't want to put as Bad but not important enough to put as follow.

Yeah... follow is too much commitment, not interested is too little. I can only hope that Steam understands that doing neither doesn't mean I want to see it in that list ever again.

I played was not a fan of it at all. Was glad I didn't pay 20 but that wasn't the issue.
I appreciated the story it tried to tell, but I sure don't think it did so masterfully. I think it gets a huge pass from the masses just because of the subject matter more than anything.
It was just ok in my book.

Well, that's fine. What I mean is, it delivered a story in a way that only a game can - and for that it's a great success.

It's really difficult, I think, to naturally blend an engrossing linear narrative with an open, immersive and almost organic exploration of the environment. In that respect, it is a resounding success and very much a game.

Tags are so useful. I always pay attention to them.

so at worse its just an extra thing that you ignore

at best it helps some people choose some things

whats the loss?

its not like the hl3 team was tapping their foot waiting on the people using their talents on the steam webpage

xlarz6v.png

Son...

Oh I forgot, Poe's law and all that. I've got 1096 hours logged on this masterpiece of a hat simulator.

louiedog

I think it's best to let a few days pass so that all the hilarious jokesters and meme artists can get the curator bug out of their system before we start taking it seriously.

I saw the Walking Simulator tag used as a joke with a game that it didn't even make sense for just a couple of days ago. Don't hold your breath.

Jawmuncher

Yeah... follow is too much commitment, not interested is too little. I can only hope that Steam understands that doing neither doesn't mean I want to see it in that list ever again.

Well, that's fine. What I mean is, it delivered a story in a way that only a game can - and for that it's a great success.

It's really difficult, I think, to naturally blend an engrossing linear narrative with an open, immersive and almost organic exploration of the environment. In that respect, it is a resounding success and very much a game.

I can understand that. Like I said I have no issue with the game or anything like that.
Guess I just expected more. I would love to see the teams next endeavor on a similar project.

maty

I edited the main store, hid a few content blocks and made it wider. Only problem is that the endless scrolling script doesn't play nice and makes the page freeze a bit on first scroll. No idea what to do about that, oh well. It's not perfect but it's the way I like the page.

Nice, I like it better than what the main page is right now, I would hide half the shit that appears there.

Also the Discovery queue is worthless, it shows only F2P games :/

FrozenXcalibur

Neo Member
This curator system feels like the tagging system when it just came out, everyone who's able to are having fun with it. Some are using it to not recommend games.

I like how they have changed the new release tab to "popular new releases" tab with the option to switch back to "all new releases"

liezryou

Damn steam keeps recommending f2p games since i play a shitton of dota.

What makes you think i would be interested in spiral knights just because i play dota?

I can understand that. Like I said I have no issue with the game or anything like that.
Guess I just expected more. I would love to see the teams next endeavor on a similar project.

I can agree with that!

What makes you think i would be interested in spiral knights just because i play dota?

This is a huge problem. Free-to-play is genre agnostic, and it completely muddies the water for truly free games (which are lumped in with fee-to-play games).

eyeless

thx for the recos
that's a cool new way to say recommendations
\

steam needs more tags in general, but for example number of players should be an option for developers, i would like to click "local co-op" in conjuction with "four player" and get a healthy list, shit is basic gabe get on my level

i googled and only got this lacking user created one http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/4 Player Local/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

derExperte

Eh, hard and also luck dependent seems like a recipe for frustration. Guess I'll just wait for a bundle then. Thanks for the info :)

There's always the possibility we/I sucked, I don't have much experience with card games like this, or that they nerfed the game in the meantime. But already early on you had to use very specific tactics to not get clobbered immediately and then it was hoping for the right cards to come up. No? Start mission again. The presentation is fantastic though and I wouldn't call it a bad game, it's just very unforgiving. Also maybe we should've replayed earlier mission to unlock more cards via beating challenges. I'm certainly planning to get back to it one day.

StAidan

Following the 2 NeoGAF curator groups, I think that's gonna do it for me. It should ensure I don't miss out on some of the more obscure stuff when I'm away from GAF occasionally.

Tellaerin

I think my favorite recommendation so far was, "This game is in your discovery queue just to see if you might be interested" for DX: The Fall. I've got this mental image of Steam meekly trying to suggest something I might say yes to after I spent the last 15 minutes downvoting everything "popular" it suggested.

I think it just recommends F2P games, period. The vast majority of my recommendations are F2P games, and I don't play any on Steam.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm really not liking the whole focus on the social aspect of Steam now. I use it to play my games and I want to keep it that way

Strider

I love Sleeping Dogs so I registered for beta access for Triad Wars and will give it a fair shot... But still sad :( want a proper sequel.

Group curation should be a thing, and very easily could. In group settings, set it to Personal or Group curation, or just have different pages for each option. Then automatically list the most recommend games from all members in the group, and apply the highest rated review to it.

Something like this...

6OvdxgW.png

I love Sleeping Dogs so I registered for beta access for Triad Wars and will give it a fair shot... But still sad :( want a proper sequel.
I don't necessarily think that this means we won't get one. I'm thinking Definitive edition sales on console will determine that, honestly.

And yeah, I absolutely love SD, so I'll give this a shot.

PriitV

Woah, the devteam added me on Steam (after having had their game wishlisted for a while) and gave me a copy for trying the game out, excellent marketing move in this day of age. Can't wait to finish work for today and play something else besides CSGO for a change.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really not liking the whole focus on the social aspect of Steam now. I use it to play my games and I want to keep it that way
thats cool i don't think you'll notice much of a difference unless you're not a fan of blue lol

zkylon your curations had better not lead me astray. I'm counting on you!
don't worry mr. first follower i'll deliver on my tagline's promise

iswUBJYdCgL5m.png

also here's my link if anyone's interested: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6856961/

fun stuff

Zafir

Woah, the devteam added me on Steam (after having had their game wishlisted for a while) and gave me a copy for trying the game out, excellent marketing move in this day of age. Can't wait to finish work for today and play something else besides CSGO for a change.

Yeah I had a friend who had that happen to him. He thinks it was because of the curator thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom