• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to how they are going to monetize Triad Wars, the trailer didn't seem too bad, I can see what they are going for, but it just isn't something I want. I applied for the closed beta to at least give it a try, let's see what happens I guess.

iosefe

I can't wait for Valve to start getting the emails I get about the fucking Civ 5 DLC that doesn't highlight correctly because they screwed up the AppIDs on the store.........

EDIT: hmmm

87lpzNL.png
At least good users mention ES

I hate to say that we live in a world where Batman Blackgate is the better metroidvania than Strider 2014 but, folks, that's the world we live in. Also, somehow it's also a better looking game, which is weird given its a vita port.

So yeah, maybe it's because my expectations were really low or perhaps it was because I recently played through strider so I had another, also questionable metrodvania to compare it to. Either way, it's a fine game and worth the less-than-a-chipotle-burrito's price I paid for it.

DocSeuss

I can't wait for Valve to start getting the emails I get about the fucking Civ 5 DLC that doesn't highlight correctly because they screwed up the AppIDs on the store.........

EDIT: hmmm

87lpzNL.png

Valve tells me I own it, but even in the client it doesn't show that I do. :\

Miguel81

I hate to say that we live in a world where Batman Blackgate is the better metroidvania than Strider 2014 but, folks, that's the world we live in. Also, somehow it's also a better looking game, which is weird given its a vita port.

So yeah, maybe it's because my expectations were really low or perhaps it was because I recently played through strider so I had another, also questionable metrodvania to compare it to. Either way, it's a fine game and worth the less-than-a-chipotle-burrito's price I paid for it.

Strider 1 and 2 belong on Steam. The latter in particular -- need that schwing schwing.

My interest in the modern game has plummeted due to all of the negativity. But I'll buy/play it anyway.

iosefe

I would really like a nice pale green. With a hint of cyan

TOTP: get KSP when it goes on sale again. Worth every cent I think

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WavekSra, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WavekSra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-0A6945AF6DB5AB6B - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 7 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! -- MB-5F67117137FC26A6 - Taken by Sharkiller. 3 entrants total.

t1411447722z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Mokoi

Banned
I don't like all that blue on the steam website at all. It's quite nauseating to look at I must say. Same thing happens when I look at the color yellow too much.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bridge -- MB-04FC4B3E7119BB1B - Taken by FauX. 4 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-B5F2D0DD0C7844E3 - Taken by MillionStabs. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-CD87033D38072F6D - Taken by Cozmogramma. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-475E1F04B45BFCCC - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-47A5C1224F4D28DC - Taken by Mengy. 2 entrants total.
CastleMiner Z -- MB-9F044D2A673C8FFC - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-4AA3C6514E301CE9 - Taken by devo1989. 5 entrants total.

t1411449162z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what, WWE 2k15 is on PC?

thats THE motherfucking megaton of the year, im not even joking

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

now if only I gave at least a tiny bit of a fuck about ANY sports games - that would probably be some big deal for me too ;)

If this had happened a year or two ago I'd all but assume it was going to be GFWL or some new 2Kaccount system, however, in this day (the day of steam domination) I love seeing all these games surprisingly appear with a PC logo.

Miguel81

now if only I gave at least a tiny bit of a fuck about ANY sports games - that would probably be some big deal for me too ;)

Not my passion, but I want all sports games spread across the platform. The more the merrier for those that have love for them.

drotahorror

Awesome update surprisingly. I just wish you could remove or move some of the sections. I like my new releases/top sellers etc to be near the top, not the bottom.

Also they finally fixed the going 'back' and 'forward' in the steam store browser. Used to be if you clicked on a tab like new releases and then clicked a game then went back it would take you back to the default tab that steam starts you at. I dunno kind of hard to explain.

NotSelf

Some games i'm sure i'll never play there not in my library so i'm assuming the keys are good my apologies if there not.

Oh ya nice storefront :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Bravada -- MB-E7BCD56A4937A691 - Taken by Milamber
Rush for Glory -- MB-EC4C327E8E673123 - Taken by Monooboe

Looking forward to all the delicious WWE 2k15 mods.

At the very least somebody will figure out how to get around the criminally low 30-40 CAW (create-a-wrestler) roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom