• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
VegpyBD.png

um no

please dont recommend me shit i already own whats the point

fallout

I think it just recommends F2P games, period. The vast majority of my recommendations are F2P games, and I don't play any on Steam.
Mine all say it's because I recently viewed Firefall. I don't even think I remember what Firefall is, outside of being F2P.

Turfster

Woah, the devteam added me on Steam (after having had their game wishlisted for a while) and gave me a copy for trying the game out, excellent marketing move in this day of age. Can't wait to finish work for today and play something else besides CSGO for a change.

I've been following one of them for a while on twitter.
Looks great, but not my thing. Hope it's good ;)

Jawmuncher

hey guys ... I've got some VERY good news for you :)

2014-09-23_04-56-55.jpg

The IP but it could be in a situation like Mass Effect where the funding of the first season could mean it's kept with MS. Though since all anyone wants is a PC port looks like a good chance regardless who owns it.

wooo finally finish making my brother's computer!! he's officially a PC gamer. I'm gonna activate the family sharing on it tomorrow. On a sad note though, my keyboard got fucked up so now I need to buy me one of those. any recommendations? also I'm guessing I haven't missed anything besides new steam store layout and shitty triad wars? any news on that origin steam thing that you guys were talking about earlier?

Lomax

There's always the possibility we/I sucked, I don't have much experience with card games like this, or that they nerfed the game in the meantime. But already early on you had to use very specific tactics to not get clobbered immediately and then it was hoping for the right cards to come up. No? Start mission again. The presentation is fantastic though and I wouldn't call it a bad game, it's just very unforgiving. Also maybe we should've replayed earlier mission to unlock more cards via beating challenges. I'm certainly planning to get back to it one day.

Well, it's from the guys that made Spacechem and while that game is brilliant, it's pretty merciless. I agree the presentation is fantastic and I do like card games so we'll see, maybe if I sell a bunch of cards this week I'll snag it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I watched someone try to play it with the kinect controls.
"Uh, yeah, no thanks"
It looked like a combination of OG Myst and "cut the rope" =p

doesn't matter ... it's another Swery game ... I'll play it regardless (when it comes to steam :p) - Deadly Premonition is barely playable on pretty much any platform ;)

Sigh, I rejoined my old group just to try the curator thing, and even though I was #4-14 in the top greenlight collections, I'm the only one who is following my list.

One hit wonder.

I'll say it again, the lack of Linux/ Mac store front annoys me. Both sections don't even have tabs for "New Release", "Top Sellers" or "Specials". I'm not liking the new store front at all, so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
k finished transferring my reviews into mini-review thingies

tried making a smaller selection as i feel it wouldn't make my stuff any more useful if i just had a huge ass list with every good game out there

zkylon's reviews are from the heart, which is why they aren't ever capitalized.
That's the theory I'm going with.
well it's all about the fans

keyboard is 'the'

Jawmuncher

The concept of Triad Wars sounds interesting.
But to have it as what could possibly be the next Sleeping Dogs game is straight BS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Evil Within is the next to crush out hopes and dreams, followed by Alien just being another normal Alien game, aka awful

Then Bloodborne early next year to start us off well...all acording to keikaku

derExperte

I watched someone try to play it with the kinect controls.
"Uh, yeah, no thanks"
It looked like a combination of OG Myst and "cut the rope" =p

It looks glorious, like the perfect follow-up to Deadly Premontion (which it is). Also can be played with a normal controller.

Evil Within is the next to crush out hopes and dreams, followed my Alien just being another normal Alien game, aka awful

Evil Within will be great,mikami is awesome. Old Aliens game was not bad.

Evil Within is the next to crush out hopes and dreams, followed my Alien just being another normal Alien game, aka awful

Senpai, y u so cruel?

I do expect that Alien will probably deliver, and TEW will be mildly disappointing relative to GAF's collective hype, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm thrilled about this new feature.

If only someone had thought to include it earlier.

I can't wait for Valve to start getting the emails I get about the fucking Civ 5 DLC that doesn't highlight correctly because they screwed up the AppIDs on the store.........

EDIT: hmmm

87lpzNL.png

For "Couch gaming" I've been told to use a long HDMI cable, but what do you guys recommend for KB/M? I have wired mouse and wireless keyboard.

How about Nvidia Shield instead?

Let me know what you guys think.

A-V-B

Did the entire Steam community interface just update? Everything's blue now and sort of hard on my eyes in the dark :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom