• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

t1411506000z4.png

the most important countdown
to me

do tell

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that a countdown for Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) ?

I dont play Infinity. But its a Marvel countdown lol :)

that new store stuff is also in the client I imagine? I dont really use the website

Exuro

I hope they move the friends list button to the top, remove the add a game button since its already in the games sub menu and remove the borders to make the client look slicker.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crap, now JaseC is going to have to start buying everything that comes out on Early Access.

Haha, I'd be like the Steam version of somebody who routinely stocks up on food for the apocalypse. ;)

"Why are you buying all of these games? Some are barely a game at all!"
"You never know, man! You never know!"

... and now he'll have to pay 100 keys for this awesome game xD

Fortunately:

- Stump PM'd me about it and mentioned it's still available on GMG
- Joe Molotov did the same, albeit through Steam
- Jshackles bought me a key (just as well I switched to my Steam messages while checking out)
- Another GAFer bought me a key (identity protected just in case people start badgering him for it)

<3 GAF.

Monooboe

Nice to wake up to the new Steam.:D I like it. Was hoping they would do something with the library view also.

Recommended tags are somewhat "whaaa?", Stop recommending "Anime" and "RPG Maker" to me.XD

i think the library can look better.they added nice functions recently but the look seems rudimentary for the library.give us options like different size icons.

Levyne

Banned
I think I like the aesthetic of the new store but I don't really think I have much use for following curators or anything like that.

A little sad that I don't have any silly recommendations to guffaw over or anything.

Strider

I've hovered over the Civ: Beyond Earth preorder button so much the last few days. I originally was going to get Sunset Overdrive instead but I might just switch that around given the comments I read today...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really like the update except Enhanced Steam is having some (expected) problems

Many of which are pretty superficial I'm finding out. I should have an update ready tomorrow that should fix a ton of stuff, and I'm confident I'll have everything "back to normal" by the end of the week.

For example:

Ynan3Ud.png

Getting there GAF, getting there...
but I have to sleep now.

i was gifted a copy of minimum so I tried some of it with friends of mine. It's fun, but the matchmaking is horrible. Its shouldn't be this hard for 4 friends to play a game of horde mode

Many of which are pretty superficial I'm finding out. I should have an update ready tomorrow that should fix a ton of stuff, and I'm confident I'll have everything "back to normal" by the end of the week.

For example:

Ynan3Ud.png

Getting there GAF, getting there...
but I have to sleep now.

As always, a :salut: to you
icon_salut.gif

My biggest problems are that Library function is completely borked on Chrome (at least) and the top navigation / Install Steam / Enhanced Steam buttons overflow each other

Vandiger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vandiger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Monaco -- MB-E07277A6B84771D9
nt

Jimrpg

Why does Totalbiscuit have 1.7m subscribers?

Why does he have 45000 followers on steam yet Neogaf has 1400 only?

Seriously.

Why does Totalbiscuit have 1.7m subscribers?

Why does he have 45000 followers on steam yet Neogaf has 1400 only?

Seriously.

Because he's good at what he does, and people like him? Also, his content doesn't require a paid email, so it's much more accessible than NeoGAF.

Deques

Good morning everyone

I see that the new Steam store is up. Looks nice. But why so dark?

It's nice that they finally list owned items and even dlcs.

Sendou

I wish Steam would recognize your family shared account's games and have the option to stop recommending and showing them up otherwise.

What's the deal with NeoGAF Steam curator by the way? How do games end up there?

tmarg

I wish Steam would recognize your family shared account's games and have the option to stop recommending and showing them up otherwise.

They probably only got most publishers to go along with family sharing by selling it as a type of demo. Giving up on selling a game because you have access through sharing would probably make a lot of people angry.

DocSeuss

Valve, I don't like, want, or have any interest in MMOs. Stop making that the only thing that shows up in my queues. 20+ games, and it still hasn't learned. I hate MMOs.

Shadownet

Banned
Valve, I don't like, want, or have any interest in MMOs. Stop making that the only thing that shows up in my queues. 20+ games, and it still hasn't learned. I hate MMOs.

have you try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn? I heard it's a lot like Far Cry 3.

please don't kill me.

tmarg

Yeah, the discovery queues seem completely useless. The regular recommended games aren't perfect, but they are miles ahead of the new discovery system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom