• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcupine

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
yay jashackles you fixed the header thingie

that was driving me nuts

edit: wait nevermind lol i was looking at community

Technically yes I've already fixed it, just that the code hasn't been released. You can keep tabs on what I'm up to over here. If you're super Chrome savy, you can preview the changes a bit early.

Jawmuncher

I like it, that you have a personal list and the overall style is ok with me.What are the biggest problems people are having with it? It seems "ok" to me so far.

The forced nature of Curators is a no go for me.
They shouldn't have comments above the reviews. Especially if i'm not following any.

Echoplx

Technically yes I've already fixed it, just that the code hasn't been released. You can keep tabs on what I'm up to over here. If you're super Chrome savy, you can preview the changes a bit early.

I had a peek earlier, looking nice so far.

Are you planning on keeping the green highlighting for DLC? I kinda like the subtle style on the default store.

dex3108

Now we wait :D

D1OSyiU.jpg

I like it, that you have a personal list and the overall style is ok with me.What are the biggest problems people are having with it? It seems "ok" to me so far.\

I think the main problem is the lack of the ability to remove this shit that doesn't apply or I don't care to look through.

Porcupine

If I wanted other people's opinions on games I'd ask for them.

The forced nature of Curators is a no go for me.
They shouldn't have comments above the reviews. Especially if i'm not following any.

I agree, and I also think that this is somehow too much power for the curators, they can influence the sales of a game even more. And the system could be exploited in the future. Will be interesting to see where Steam goes with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had a peek earlier, looking nice so far.

Are you planning on keeping the green highlighting for DLC? I kinda like the subtle style on the default store.

I'm still going to offer highlighting but it will replace the store's "in library" overlay and the color will be an alpha channel gradient of your chosen color so it'll be a bit more subtle than it used to be. Of course, you'll be able to disable it if you prefer the way the default store does.

In fact, I might make it disabled by default now.

I like it, that you have a personal list and the overall style is ok with me.What are the biggest problems people are having with it? It seems "ok" to me so far.

I agree, this feature is really strange, I don't want this, even if I'm a big fan of TotalBiscuit.

I didn't necessarily mean opinion btw, but what I saw from people in here. Design wise, I don't really care. I barely use the store as it is. Though I dislike how I have to scroll down for the daily deal and the new releases/top sellers list. And the lack of proper customization.

Other then that the major complaints are regarding curators and the discovery queue.

Porcupine

I didn't necessarily mean opinion btw, but what I saw from people in here. Design wise, I don't really care. I barely use the store as it is. Though I dislike how I have to scroll down for the daily deal and the new releases/top sellers list. And the lack of proper customization.

Other then that the major complaints are regarding curators and the discovery queue.

It seems like they still have some work to do with these features. I got recommendations of games I already own and I think it's strange when the first line under a game is the comment of a curator and the text is just: "xD".
(http://store.steampowered.com/app/317470)

Tizoc

Gonna aim to get the Playfire rewards for Monkey Island 2. I can finish it one setting, will be GREAT to replay this classic =D
Will jump back into FF4 afterwards and work towards the 50K Gil reward.

Speaking of FF4, I like that they made Edward useful, his healing spell is basically Regen until he gets damaged.

Parsnip

I think I'm satisfied with how my homepage looks now. Removed so much stuff. It feels like the curator and discovery queue blocks are kind of useless since they are also accessible from the top menu. Same with the side menu with the genres and tags.

It's my birthday now, so celebrate. I demand it. Dance, my minions, daaaaance

panic-dance.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
No, shouldn't be. A lot of people have bought English titles on the Mexican store.

Ah, great. Is there a way to check how much it costs there without the VPN stuff? Cause Nuuvem sells it for ~30€ so I'd like to check before if the effort is worth it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea discovery queue is totes useless

two reasons for recommending shit is "is popular" and "is a top seller"

could've at least filtered to popular among your friends or something

Tizoc

KOEI Tecmo is releasing a new Bladestorm game for Bone, PS3 and PS4. Hope they consider a PC release too even if it is after that.

Is there any plan to add SteamGAF curators to the OP or create a new thread for it? I think it would be a great idea since there are a few SteamGAFfers who's opinions I respect and would love to know what they recommend.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It'd be nice if the discovery queue paid attention to the things you were flagging as not interested in.

I mean I've flagged like 200 F2P games as not interested, yet 95% of what it's putting in front of me is more F2P pap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom