• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words of advice: 3 is not a good port at all while 4 actually is.

Considering how huge my backlog is, I'm not in any rush to pick them up, LOL. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get through 1-2 games a month, let alone work through the other 300 or so games I want to play at some point.

It's my birthday now, so celebrate. I demand it. Dance, my minions, daaaaance.

Mine too! Happy birthday!

Happy birthday(s)!

Tizoc

for the new page
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

6180 the moon -- MB-1AEA76E31B218FA1 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 24 entrants total.

t1411493385z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tropico 3 -- MB-D47686B7D96B7605
Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-9E633F2040D0DCC3
Tropico 3 #3 -- MB-1C6E23291EBDE828

Turfster

It's a not a convenience store, it's a konbini. Totally different dude.
One of them is in a Japan and the other isn't.

Well, to be fair to the game, Japanese convenience store food is actually good. Also there's no drunk bums hanging around in front of them ;)

kiyomi

anyone played archeage

i'm not big on mmos but i've been convinced of downloading it so imma prolly give it a shot :p

I tried it this morning but only for like 30 minutes. I don't like the UI or the way that you can't seem to use the mouse to control the camera (maybe there's a setting but I looked and couldn't find one.), but apart from that, it looks totally competent. Has a better character creation kit than something like TERA or probably FFXIV.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-23_18-19-51.jpg

don't know about you ... but I've been convinced by that recommendation ... thank you, Volvo
*facepalm*

Sup party people. This is coming out in like 30 minutes or whatever.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CosmicQueso, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Gauntlet -- MB-2ADB9DBF24D7699C - Taken by derExperte

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Master Collection -- MB-231131B7D4C6C21E - Taken by MMBosstones86. 20 entrants total.

t1411500164z1.png

Looks trough the new system.

Cool now there is some information about how good the reviews is. Now im gonna test it on Bad Rats, pretty good reviews? Thanks Steam Community...

Mad1723

Love that new Curators system. Makes it easy to find recommandations and remember games that they all recommend without having to search through all the videos/reviews.

So far, love the new update :)

DocSeuss

Today is good. A friend gave me enough money to replace my exploded tire. Tizoc gave me Remember Me. A teacher was cool with me showing up 30 minutes late to class. I got a ton of design work done on a project.

I always get really depressed on my birthday. Making sure that won't happen this year.

Mine too! Happy birthday!

I BET YOU DON'T APPRECIATE IT LIKE I DO

I bet you do. How long have you survived?

Mono

I just got the Steam-turns-blue update; a little late, I think!

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It doesn't look as slick as before, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

jblank83

Why did they remove the forum link for each store page on Steam? So stupid

Agree. Concerning useless versus useful information, I would use forums to research games.

No offense, but Jim Sterling or TotalBiscuit's thoughts mean nothing to me, especially when their thoughts are summarized into short blurbs that are, essentially, "I liked this one". Going into a forum gives a very good sense of many people's thoughts on a game. I can see if it's buggy, if it's unfinished, and so on. I can read threads with back and forth, pros and cons from different people.

Back on the topic of curators, I see that today almost the entire front page of "top curators" is filled with "big" names, from PC Gamer to Nerd3. While someone like NorthernLion might not be huge, he's a known name, sells his shirts and monetizes his Youtube vids and Twitch streams, such that he doesn't have to work a "real" job. At the top, TotalBiscuit is at 100k followers and after the first page of "curators", the number of follows dwindles to a couple of thousand and then a couple of hundred.

A quick check of popular game store pages shows recommendation quotes are largely in the hands of "top curators". For instance, PC Gamer's quotes are the featured quotes on Wasteland 2, Skyrim, Divinity Original Sin, Dark Souls II, and Portal 2's store pages. The quote is complete with very recognizable "PC Gamer" graphic as the avatar pic:

da87a741109856e24e56bbba245955e826c786ff_full.jpg

To check whether the featured quote was randomized, I accessed the store in the Steam client, in different web browsers, and on different computers. While the quote might be randomized based on location or time, so far it seems to be based on who is the top "curator" that has reviewed the game.

legacyzero

Banned
dunno if i would call it awesome (personally i think it's pretty lame) but it sure looks and sounds pretty so i'd say 17c is a decent deal

The gameplay is a bit shallow, yeah. But the scope, art, characters, graphics, and the heavy hitting orchestra is nothing short of awesome.

AkuMifune

Banned
I just got the Steam-turns-blue update; a little late, I think!

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It doesn't look as slick as before, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Feels slightly less modern/classy to me ironically. Like Steam took off its tie and kicked off its shoes and is relaxing on the couch.

I think I liked it better before, but I generally hate change.

MadGear

GMG has a Capcom sale. Guess what? Same price of Steam.
EDIT: GMG price seem higher then Steam :S

Yeah, because they always expect you to use their vouchers. With additional 25% off it should be about the same or even slightly cheaper than during steam publisher sales. At least DMC is cheaper than it has been on steam so far (with voucher), don't know about the other games.

And damn it, was about to get DMC4 for cheap but its already out of stock.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why did they remove the forum link for each store page on Steam? So stupid

The "Visit the forums" link was removed because it'd long been redundant -- it and the Community Hub button linked to the same thing (almost). You're literally complaining about a difference of a single click. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Progress is being made!

9zQHdp3.png

I've got a list of about 15 things like this that still need fixed up today before I can release a new update.

Shadownet

Banned
Someone for the love of God please do me a big favor.

and give Rionna a spare copy of Monaco if you have one. The only person on my friends list that doesn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom