• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which one work. According to Humle all should work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mirrors Edge (Steam) -- MB-69B63AE95C6C9C4E - Taken by Nyteshade517
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key -- MB-14E2AF56D11A27F4 - Taken by Purkake4
Thomas was alone -- MB-55E601D52D33F87E
Titan Quest -- MB-2AB46F6673B76978 - Taken by Vuze
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-E37D2E84A8DCAC7C - Taken by swx
Hoard -- MB-7576B50A9C369516
Nightsky -- MB-FA6497F8D08F3580
Waking Mars -- MB-3192D93F6525709A - Taken by Vlad

madjoki

They do. Borderlands: TPS has some arena mission and CivBE and NBA 2K15 have their own little incentives also.

Missed a word, meant real preorder extras. Traditionally 2K has had pretty good extras.
Selling them has been very good way to get few euros off.
Bioshock Infinte /w Season Pass preorder cost me around 5€ after selling extras. Although this included Gamersgate 20% discount from Bethesda glitch.

Jawmuncher

b-but they're worth 43 dollars

it says so right there

forty three dollars

GMG would never lie to you

The only reason I won't give them too much crap for this, is you do get 25% off those games already ATM with the coupon. But this screams of getting rid of no sellers more than anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Missed a word, meant real preorder extras. Traditionally 2K has had pretty good extras.
Selling them has been very good way to get few euros off.
Bioshock Infinte /w Season Pass preorder cost me around 5€ after selling extras. Although this included Gamersgate 20% discount from Bethesda glitch.

I'm still waiting for something to top Rayman Origins' pre-order incentive of Rayman 2. ;) It helps that Ubi never released the game separately, making it relatively rare.

Progress is being made!

9zQHdp3.png

I've got a list of about 15 things like this that still need fixed up today before I can release a new update.

At least they didn't steal -every- ES feature...
As for new features to compensate all this... I'd really like it if I could turn on-off some "modules" of the front page and eventually rearrange them... A bit like what you can do on BoardGameGeek... Do you think it's feasible?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least they didn't steal -every- ES feature...
As for new features to compensate all this... I'd really like it if I could turn on-off some "modules" of the front page and eventually rearrange them... A bit like what you can do on BoardGameGeek... Do you think it's feasible?

Yep, it's already on my "to-do" list, after I get the kinks worked out of the existing features.

Xanathus

Spare keys from the GMG thing, EVE keys are obviously not Steam.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xanathus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Eve Online Explorer Addon -- MB-EE48932A958C0A09
Sanctum -- MB-B3FE6DD639F51AD4
Eve Online 30 day Trial -- MB-EC16BAB31507156A
Eve Online Industrialist Addon -- MB-235D58D9B710B281
Eve Online Skirmisher Addon -- MB-C88B79B83279CFFC
Eve Online Colonist Addon -- MB-DA0D6AB604224CDF

swx

Dawn of Fantasy code may be used but I'm pretty sure it isn't :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (swx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

CastleMiner Z -- MB-428F4D8AEC4F8294 - Taken by legacyzero
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle -- MB-BF76C60A618E692E - Taken by Benedict
Windforge -- MB-8F0E23D8F60EF517 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Paranautical Activity -- MB-38396A5A64DDECAA - Taken by prudislav

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Someone for the love of God please do me a big favor.

and give Rionna a spare copy of Monaco if you have one. The only person on my friends list that doesn't have one.
You are incredibly kind, you are. It's with regret that I find myself forced to reject your gift, as a friend already had me covered in regards to Monaco. I'm looking forward to play some games with you people, so we should arrange a time and date and do it.

Though someone would need to take Theatrhythm Curtain Call away from me first. That game is consuming my life, it's virtual crack.

Backlogger

I'm probably LTTP on this (did the new Steam store interface go live yesterday?) but how are people finding the customized/personalized storefronts? I find typically that recommendation engines are dead wrong most of the time so I am skeptical.

Two of my recommended tags are "RPG Maker" and "Female Protagonist". I don't think I have ever played more than 10 minutes of a RPG Maker game and while I do enjoy a few games with the "Female Protagonist" tag I would say its a pretty small percentage of the games I have actually spent time on unless its looking at recent history where I have played Tomb Raider and Remember Me.

Also, under "Recommended For You" and "Similar to games you play" those recommendations have been pretty laughable so far.

The recommendations at the very bottom of the screen actually seem to be the most accurate.

Is there any way to further influence the recommendations? Or is it like all the other recommendation engines out there where they just "know better"

Can anyone invite me into the Neogaf group on Steam?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Asgaro

Thanks

Invite Sent

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i try to recommend new vegas, there are like 3 versions of it with the same name

this must be saoirse heaven

There are a few in the registry but only two were ever put into use: the "Eastern" version and the ROW version. Football Manager 2013, Max Payne and Max Payne 2 still share the top spot with four available versions each (Asian/Korean/Russian/ROW; French/Italian/Russian/ROW; German/Italian/Russian/ROW). Max Payne 2 would lead the pack if the French-specific version were used on the FR store (instead the game isn't available at all).

Shadownet

Banned
You are incredibly kind, you are. It's with regret that I find myself forced to reject your gift, as a friend already had me covered in regards to Monaco. I'm looking forward to play some games with you people, so we should arrange a time and date and do it.

I have failed you. RIP.

MadGear

At least this explains why they are doing this visual upgrade to WoW, that game might stay even longer than i expected. I honestly expected them to finish WoW with the upcoming expansion and then introduce players to Titan which i expected to be WoW 2. Guess I was wrong.

But oh well, with Hearthstone and HotS they seem to expect to do as well as Valve does with their current games. At least Hearthstone seems to be doing well. However i doubt HotS will get anywhere near as popular as Dota2 did.

But oh well, with Hearthstone and HotS they seem to expect to do as well as Valve does with their current games. At least Hearthstone seems to be doing well. However i doubt HotS will get anywhere near as popular as Dota2 did.

Depends how they can capture the casual crowd. I hear it's the easiest of the big Mobas. And Dota has been stagnating this year. Maybe once Workshop gets properly off it'll also get a spike, dunno.

Spares to shares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-A7BC203C627EB39C - Taken by FtHTiny. 4 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-C7FDB481ED59D7C3 - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.

t1411495665z1.png

Saty

They should just put a button in the top page that takes you to charts+deals section of the page just as they do for 'see more recommendations'.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Jim Sterling Collection

well ok ... this might be one I actually will follow :)
(except for GAF, of course :p)

Ehh, I can get behind this.

salsa list will be full of waifus and DS ports

Where do I sign up

I edited the main store, hid a few content blocks and made it wider. Only problem is that the endless scrolling script doesn't play nice and makes the page freeze a bit on first scroll. No idea what to do about that, oh well. It's not perfect but it's the way I like the page.

That actually makes the gradient effect look less shitty, I like it.

It's like Swery took all of the random, fun, dumb stuff about Deadly Premonition and only focused on that :|

Not as big a fan of this as I thought I would be.

bHwD7H1.jpg

The dream has come true

But the real question is:

Does it feature yapapi strap matches?

This is a make or break situation here.

I don't know what that means. :(
But this curator page is pretty cool: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6858585/?appid=227680#p1

Warning, you might not like their opinions.

ROQgljD.png

Sure, I'll read the full review.

SH7cLjF.png

Wow. This is so helpful in making decisions when buying games. I'm truly impressed

I'm surprised Greenlight wasn't binned along with the old store design. I'd always assumed the two would coincide: swap out the old for the new.

I thought so too, especially now that the big batches of Greenlit titles have disappeared entirely.

It's my birthday now, so celebrate. I demand it. Dance, my minions, daaaaance

Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom