• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not beating the average for Small Worlds. Not after reading this.

PWl3hFB.png

In-app purchases? Really?

Geez, I thought that was a PC game at first. Don't scare me like that.

This is a giveaway for Defense Grid: The Awakening...I got this from the August Loot Crate and don't need it

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nyteshade517:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Defense Grid: The Awakening -- MB-B072AB928907592F - Taken by DeviantBoi

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp Gauntlet seems pretty awful, I really need to stop pre-ordering games just because they are cheaper in russia (in fact I have recently)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of topyy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Master Collection -- MB-231131B7D4C6C21E - Taken by MMBosstones86. 20 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Master Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1411500164z1.png

I don't care what game it is, but I'm not running around to create accounts just to redeem a piece of DLC. I'll play the game and DLC if it's registered to Steam, but I'm fed up with having to create more disposable accounts to download meaningless fluff.

Alavard

Is The Bureau worth my time? I'm curious to try it but opinions seem really mixed. Got other stuff in my backlog but I'm wondering if I'll end up enjoying this. I guess I'm curious bcause it's an Xcom game and really loved Enemy Unknown/Within.

I found it relatively fun. The combat clearly borrows a lot from the Mass Effect.

Don't expect much from the story, however. It's internally inconsistent, and makes no sense in light of the storyline presented in Enemy Unknown.

No, I hate "ha ha so funny" control schemes that are basically just bad =p

And i hate games that have quicktime events and where the controls are handholdy as fuck.

Thats why i like Surgeon Simulator. Because you learn the controls and get used to it. Its not broken because its hard. Just like Dark Souls.

Just the Steam version was in the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle a few months ago though.

Steam Vanilla Version has no DLC. Mobile Game has.

Also DLC is like 1 Month or even newer old.

Lomax

I am not beating the average for Small Worlds. Not after reading this.

PWl3hFB.png

In-app purchases? Really?

Remember, this is an android game. All "DLC" is in-app purchases. A lot of games like this have universal accounts that allow you to use your purchases on multiple devices. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction based on a lack of information.

Caerith

I wanna start a curator group.

Trying to name it... And it's kickin my ass.
I hope they add a curation/storefront thing to individual profiles. I've reviewed a fair number of games, but I'm not going to make a puppet group just to "curate" them.

So for those of you that prefer highlighting vs those little pop out tags, I was thinking something along these lines:

I think the gradient makes it look better than just a bar of color, but the green really doesn't seem to fit (even the "add to cart" button might be better in blue).

Is The Bureau worth my time? I'm curious to try it but opinions seem really mixed. Got other stuff in my backlog but I'm wondering if I'll end up enjoying this. I guess I'm curious bcause it's an Xcom game and really loved Enemy Unknown/Within.

People will tell you this game sucks.

People will tell you this game is not worth your time.

These people. Are lying.

awesome game, got undeserved hate.

If you loved Enemy Unknown, you will hate The Bureau, or "equal opportunity hiring laws simulator". Your teammates have the collective intelligence of a bit of dust.

It's different to the mainline XCOM/X-COM games, but I'd say it's a lot better than most people say it is.
It's similar to the Brothers in Arms series in gameplay and the story has some good points (thouth it also suffers from awful cliches)
I played through it in 12 hours, which is not bad for a modern shooter.

I found it relatively fun. The combat clearly borrows a lot from the Mass Effect.

Don't expect much from the story, however. It's internally inconsistent, and makes no sense in light of the storyline presented in Enemy Unknown.

Thanks guys. I'm aware that it's a completely different type of game but I'm interested in seeing what it has to offer since it's part of the same universe. I guess I'll give it a shot.

People will tell you this game sucks.

People will tell you this game is not worth your time.

These people. Are lying.

I'll go in with an open mind and give it a fair chance to win me over.

Ruruja

jshackles you probably know this already, but when the date of birth verification screen comes up with 1955 as the year, previously it automatically continued to the store page, but now it just stays on this screen until I click enter. I'm assuming it was part of ES with the year being always 1955, sorry if I'm wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles you probably know this already, but when the date of birth verification screen comes up with 1955 as the year, previously it automatically continued to the store page, but now it just stays on this screen until I click enter. I'm assuming it was part of ES with the year being always 1955, sorry if I'm wrong.

Yeah, they changed the name of the button the extension tells it to click ;)

I'll add it to my list, thanks for the heads up.

Wok

Remember, this is an android game. All "DLC" is in-app purchases. A lot of games like this have universal accounts that allow you to use your purchases on multiple devices. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction based on a lack of information.

Thanks for the info. I did not pay attention to the android symbol. I checked the Steam page of the game and the Steam forums and could not find any info about these "in-app purchases", which I interpreted as what we usually refer to when we say in-app purchases. How was I supposed to get this piece of info by myself?

Edit: I have just checked the official website, there is no way of checking if I don't create an account.

Miguel81

No reason to put off getting Remember Me any longer at the current price + voucher. If for no other reason than admiring architectural beauty I'll be satisfied.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you get farther than this dude?

;)

barely but yes. Wizard uses a very magicka-lite spell system. Valk seemed the most fun

Care to elaborate?

no since I barely played it. I said it seemed awful, thats it, if it becomes amazing great. But from a "I would never buy this game if cheap russian prices werent a thing" perspective, its pretty spot on.

The graphics are awful (and they have this weird blur to them too even in 1080p), theres barely any options, the control seemed floaty, there seems to be a very limited number of skills to use per class (from the turotial, hopefully this changes) and it just overall looks and feels...cheap

again, im not nor was I reviewing the game or trying to influence anyone, its just my initial gut reaciton to a game I only bought because of the stupid cheaper russian prices, and already feeling burned because of it

I'll wait to see what's in the Weekly Bundle on Thursday...if I don't get that hopefully Remember Me will be on sale still then. I've already beaten it on 360 but would like to go through it again on PC.

Also, I recommend playing the game with French audio and English subtitles. I would think the PC version would have this since the console version did but I'm not sure.

Vlad

Leftover time!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B238C957174F80E1 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Playground -- MB-E4ADB3C5AEBA1D67 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 6 entrants total.

t1411499265z1.png

Rhaknar

That game was made by the same people making Helldivers right? Helldivers hype slowly fading away...

again, its very early impressions, not a review >_> but it did make me want to turn it off after the tutorial so... lol

also I was using a controller but aparently you cant rebind keys for you keybord users. Like I said earlier, game barely has any options (I had to change the language at the WINDOWS system level to change it in game for christ sake)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another feature working again:

Stealth brag of my Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta level 5 badge

Li Kao

again, its very early impressions, not a review >_> but it did make me want to turn it off after the tutorial so... lol

also I was using a controller but aparently you cant rebind keys for you keybord users. Like I said earlier, game barely has any options (I had to change the language at the WINDOWS system level to change it in game for christ sake)

Huh, not even a steam option to change the language ?

Nzyme32

click on me, currently at ~3k followers

So we who happen to be the curators of the Neogaf group on Steam have pretty much decided that we'll curate whatever happens to be recommended in the OP managed by MRORANGE.

Aren't those recommendations made before the games are even out? Seems like it could backfire if the games don't turn out well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom