• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Wait a second, on a game's page on the top right there's now a link that jumps to the user reviews and also indicates how good they've been (like "Overwhelmingly Positive (11,288 reviews)"). Was that there yesterday? Very nice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since I know a few of your are following along at home:

2JAqBsS.png

Also - damn Enhanced Steam does a lot of stuff
and thus a lot of stuff gets broken with updates like this

Ozium

Do you know how many insects spiders eat/kill in a week? I think they're scary as fuck, too, but there's this one right outside my window killing any bugs that try to crawl/fly into my house. He's pretty alright.

this.

spiders are our friends. i think they are pretty cool they murder insects and doesn't afraid of anything.

Do you know how many insects spiders eat/kill in a week? I think they're scary as fuck, too, but there's this one right outside my window killing any bugs that try to crawl/fly into my house. He's pretty alright.

Good man. I don't fuck with spiders, they are usually doing me a solid.

And I've got a new preying mantis who recently set up residence on the back patio. He's paying his rent, I assure you.

Ruruja

Indiegala link.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Day For Ched -- MB-1357C5FAAD993D98 - Taken by Cheddahz

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's why I actually liked the third one more than the second one. The gunplay and AI is better in 3. It's not really a good F.E.A.R. game but it's a pretty decent shooter.

I think FEAR 3 is pretty underrated as a shooter, I enjoyed it. Still nowhere as good as FEAR 1 or 2 though.

legacyzero

Banned
OH SHIT

I didn't realize I had a Project Cars key waiting on me this whole time on their forum!

I had forgotten that I gave them money for funding way back when. Only project I've ever kickstarted.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
OH SHIT

I didn't realize I had a Project Cars key waiting on me this whole time on their forum!

I had forgotten that I gave them money for funding way back when. Only project I've ever kickstarted.

ok ... I officially hate you now ... pfffffffffffffffff
I'm soooooooo jelly ; _ ;

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blackwell 1 Legacy -- MB-A611DFE170C45DA5 - Taken by xeris. 2 entrants total.
Cubemen -- MB-F336D65D7479D7ED - Taken by Pakkidis. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-55A7F7E4BBAC738E - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.
ONE DAY for Ched -- MB-4B9380D97C3DBE6B - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Blackwell 2 Unbound -- MB-85F4ABA310E5CAD2 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Blackwell 3 Convergence -- MB-AAFDC2DEDBC8A462 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.

t1411526565z1.png

Right, completed Mark of the Ninja, which was fun, need to determine what to do next. Still got Dragon Age ongoing, so I'll probably just prioritize that so I can try and get it done before Shadow of Mordor comes out.

So the "Recommended Products" page only pulls from your most popular 10 followed curators...

I've followed 20 curators now, and that means Valve decided 10 of them are no longer considered important enough to count their votes on that page.

I noticed this cause the top game on my list had 4 recommendations, then I followed a handful more curators and it dropped to 3 recommendations. Sure enough the bottom 10 less popular curators were just not factored in at all.

Broken shit.

Nabs

I see that I no longer have to log into Steam Community every time I restart my browser. I hope this sticks.

tmarg

So the "Recommended Products" page only pulls from your most popular 10 followed curators...

I've followed 20 curators now, and that means Valve decided 10 of them are no longer considered important enough to count their votes on that page.

I noticed this cause the top game on my list had 4 recommendations, then I followed a handful more curators and it dropped to 3 recommendations. Sure enough the bottom 10 less popular curators were just not factored in at all.

Broken shit.

If you just surrendered your gaming life to our Lord and saviour TotalBiscuit, you wouldn't have this problem.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I think FEAR 3 is pretty underrated as a shooter, I enjoyed it. Still nowhere as good as FEAR 1 or 2 though.

You just reminded me about the F.E.A.R bundle. Great bundle, but I already own everything except the F.E.A.R 2 DLC, which costs more alone on Steam than the entire bundle. smh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It would definitely help the discovery queue if "Not Interested" was actually a signal to comparable games; IE if I have clicked "Not Interested" in 117 games with the tags "Anime" "Free-to-play", then it should stand to reason that you probably don't need to add other Free-to-play anime games to my queue. As of right now, Not Interested is just "permanently remove this from my queue and featured stuff", not "send a negative signal to counterbalance other, positive signals for discovery"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom