• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It would definitely help the discovery queue if "Not Interested" was actually a signal to comparable games; IE if I have clicked "Not Interested" in 117 games with the tags "Anime" "Free-to-play", then it should stand to reason that you probably don't need to add other Free-to-play anime games to my queue. As of right now, Not Interested is just "permanently remove this from my queue and featured stuff", not "send a negative signal to counterbalance other, positive signals for discovery"
the discovery queue is just useless

BruteUA

I see that I no longer have to log into Steam Community every time I restart my browser. I hope this sticks.

Oh good, it wasn't just me. I first noticed it after a Firefox update and just thought my cookies were jacked up or something.

Tizoc

The Continue option in FF4 is a godsend. The game autosaves the last prebattle or dungeon location you were at last before dieing or quitting the game. Choosing Continue will resume from that point.

Got into a boss fight before using a Tent and Save Point? Quit and Continue.
Died to a really strong enemy? Continue will put you slightly back before fighting that enemy.

Tellaerin

It would definitely help the discovery queue if "Not Interested" was actually a signal to comparable games; IE if I have clicked "Not Interested" in 117 games with the tags "Anime" "Free-to-play", then it should stand to reason that you probably don't need to add other Free-to-play anime games to my queue. As of right now, Not Interested is just "permanently remove this from my queue and featured stuff", not "send a negative signal to counterbalance other, positive signals for discovery"

I really wish you had more in the way of options to "train" the discovery queue. The idea's a solid one, but the current implementation leaves something to be desired. :s I'd love to be able to tell it, "Don't show me this specific game anymore, but show me others that are like it" (for games I already own on another service, and have no intention of rebuying on Steam), or "Don't show me any games with this particular tag" (I'm talking to you, free-to-play.)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You just reminded me about the F.E.A.R bundle. Great bundle, but I already own everything except the F.E.A.R 2 DLC, which costs more alone on Steam than the entire bundle. smh.

The DLC is pretty good and most definitely harder than the main FEAR 2 campaign as well. They took the difficulty criticisms to heart for FEAR 2 and ramped it up for Reborn DLC. It also has you playing as a normal enemy soldier doing the bidding of Paxton Fettel, pretty cool story that leads into FEAR 3.

bHwD7H1.jpg

The dream has come true
The gameplay trailer was impressive if only for highlighting that Yuke's still cannot compete with character models from select Xbox 360 games despite more powerful hardware.

Li Kao

Hmm might I ask how all of you got the code ? First few questions are easy but I don't want to watch the stream and spoil myself of discovering the game to get the 3 last ones :-/
I mean, it's a nice marketing campaign, quizz & twitch, but hell I would prefer to discover the game myself.

Edit - Errh, scratch that, I guesstimated and won a crown. Maybe the two last questions are there for fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno why steam even bothered with this "discovery queue" nonsense when they already established this whole curator thing to get the trouble off their backs

curator thingie is pretty cool, easy to filter by useful stuff (not tags tho -_-) and not recommended by getRandomUselessGame(seed) steam system

just remove the feature altogether and start decluttering the damned storepage.

also put the daily deal somewhere that makes sense

like seriously wtf is up with that

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC is pretty good and most definitely harder than the main FEAR 2 campaign as well. They took the difficulty criticisms to heart for FEAR 2 and ramped it up for Reborn DLC. It also has you playing as a normal enemy soldier doing the bidding of Paxton Fettel, pretty cool story that leads into FEAR 3.

..not helping.

*sigh I guess I'll get the bundle then.

Nabs

Oh. I just noticed they jacked the screenshot feature from Enhanced Steam.

Well, thanks J. I hope they send you some chocolates or something.

cHinzo

Really looking forward to that new Borderlands game releasing next month. Only bummer is the price tag. €50 is way too much. D:

hey guys ... look what I've found :D look at that price ... go buy it NAO!!! :D

Gotta commend the developers for keeping a reasonable price on their iphone port instead of multiplying it by 5 to 15 times because it's on Steam now. (Though still looks to be 2x the mobile price without the launch discount).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh. I just noticed they jacked the screenshot feature from Enhanced Steam.

Well, thanks J. I hope they send you some chocolates or something.

That'd be nice of them.
Never going to happen.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JShacles should totally fix it by making it use CSS3 gradients instead of those ugly compressed jpg gradients, so steam can fix it.

And then in about 2 years they'll fix it themselves! :)

At this point we should just give jshackles our wishlist for future steam implementations.

Don't you guys already do that?

hey guys ... look what I've found :D look at that price ... go buy it NAO!!! :D

That's strange. It says it has cards, but when I go to my badges page I don't have any drops for it. In fact, it doesn't even show up on my badges page.

Edit: Oh, I guess it's because it came out today. Cards must not have kicked in yet.

Turfster

so how exactly do booster packs work again? i just got my first for a game i haven't played in weeks.

You get them randomly when someone crafts a badge then either sell them, or unpack them for 3 cards, rolling the dice that they either a) contain what you need for a badge or b) contain foils.
Since separate cards are almost always worth more than just the booster, it's usually best to unpack it. (Always check first though)

kris.

Banned
Booster are granted to random owner of game when someone crafts a badge for that game.
Not related to playing at all.

ohhhh okay, makes sense. just kinda surprised me when i logged on with a random one haha

You get them randomly when someone crafts a badge then either sell them, or unpack them for 3 cards, rolling the dice that they either a) contain what you need for a badge or b) contain foils.
Since separate cards are almost always worth more than just the booster, it's usually best to unpack it. (Always check first though)

makes sense, thanks for the advice!

Li Kao

Insomnia, new card on the way, I'm going to install windows 8.1 now.
So steam gaf speak now or forever hold your peace, you confirm I won't have to reinstall apps and games once the upgrade is done ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Receiver -- MB-6DF94761B38F6E28 - Taken by Last Baron

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Receiver was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blackwell 1 Legacy -- MB-A611DFE170C45DA5 - Taken by xeris. 2 entrants total.
Cubemen -- MB-F336D65D7479D7ED - Taken by Pakkidis. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-55A7F7E4BBAC738E - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.
ONE DAY for Ched -- MB-4B9380D97C3DBE6B - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Blackwell 2 Unbound -- MB-85F4ABA310E5CAD2 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Blackwell 3 Convergence -- MB-AAFDC2DEDBC8A462 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.

t1411526565z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Another Perspective -- MB-C4137D6F32D7B98B - Taken by maty
Blackwell 1 -- MB-1113A6DCDDCE5021 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-1CEC41207254E09F - Taken by dot
Deadly 30 -- MB-7C9CD7018076C38B - Taken by princegumby
Lexica -- MB-443B719BCA52A97B - Taken by Diedac
Blackwell 2 -- MB-5326A784CC68D2A5 - Taken by GaussTek
Blackwell 3 -- MB-2233BEEA825A43F5 - Taken by Scipius
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky -- MB-9C6069118459F22F - Taken by nja
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-DCFF80254B3CF348 - Taken by autoduelist
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-1F868434FD8DA26F - Taken by bluechox2
Solar Flux -- MB-960EC2EA5C2FADF8 - Taken by derExperte
Cubemen -- MB-C4FE2CD756D064A9 - Taken by gaiadyne
One Day for Ched -- MB-573D05156A343D7C - Taken by Dice
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-030D6878391D1E51 - Taken by KingDirk
Dead Effect -- MB-E510F0ABE7106A25 - Taken by darkchewie
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) You are not a Banana: Chapter 1 : -- MB-1BD1E28F900BC246 - Taken by madjoki
Tropico 3 -- MB-937ED2F8B0844ACE - Taken by roadrunn3r
Castleminer Z -- MB-0A57E96CD90523BD - Taken by The Dear Leader
Epigenesis -- MB-967FA4C3678ADF03 - Taken by provista

Diedac

Unclaimed keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Thief Gold -- MB-736E5C137118B87C - Taken by Aaron

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-E40635AD49081F07 - Taken by agniswarm
RUSH -- MB-C4366985D825BDC2 - Taken by rainking187
8 Bit Commando -- MB-971B775D6090216E - Taken by Cody_D165

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Huntsman The Orphanage was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 8 Bit Commando was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom