• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me stupid but how do you trade cards in your Inventory to your friends?

EDIT: Never mind. I realized how. God, I must be fucking tired.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Civ V Gold Edition just took my Steam Sale virginity.

mclem

Sanity check time, as I try to piece together what components of Civ V I own currently, and I'm seeing something that throws me:

Civilization V: Gold Edition includes Gods & Kings. It seems to be cheaper than just purchasing Gods & Kings on its own. Even more so: there's a 'Gold Edition Upgrade', which - I assume - includes all the DLC from the Gold Edition but not the base game. It's *far* cheaper than Gods & Kings DLC.

Is there *any* reason to not buy the Gold Edition upgrade to get it rather than the Gods & Kings DLC pack?

sprinkles

First day casualties are kinda small: Hotline Miami and Bastion Soundtracks, Duke Nukem Megaton Edition.
Have my eyes set on a few other games (Ys Chronicles, Dyad, Chains of Satinav and others), waiting for daily deals but will get them certainly.

I am educating a guess that Saints Row 3 The Full Package will not get any lower in price from the 75% off (£6.24)?

My boyfriend quite liked the recent free demo so I thought I'd buy it for him.

Love is priceless...

Megasoum

Banned
Could I gift myself one of my coupons and then put it through modbot? It might be the only way for me to finally get rid of my -75% on Lunar Flight coupon lol.

chronomac

No one took these yesterday. Come on people:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-51D768F10AEE934B - Taken by Xanathus
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-F04BD2B0E56FE45F - Taken by Prophane33
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-2ACB819CB59B9A5F - Taken by TheExodu5

Veezy

que?
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon: The Black Fortress Steam Key -- MB-D25B681770C9C3D7

I actually enjoy looking at the time counter on my games after I'm done playing them. So I don't think I'm going to idle in anything.

Unless things get crazy.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, should I include the Daily Indie deals in the Indie Game Talk thread as well or not? I currently have them in, but not sure whether it would double to much with the daily deals that are also listed in this OP. Then again, some daily/flash deals ARE overlooked (like Little Inferno), but its weird to include some deals, but others not.

Yes, It's better to be complete.

Looking at it from a pragmatic paradigm, if you do include them you will cut down on all the posts asking why they weren't included.

What else got cards overnight last night besides Civ 5?

I have to work. If I start up Civ I'll end up playing all day.

never played a civ game....is the barrier of entry high?

Not really, Civ5 is the easiest to get into.

How much are they discounting TimeShift in Aus?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608986

Check the media corner. I love these guys. We also currently have a soundtrack writeup contest (see end of OP).

Edit for the lazy:
ii9XSD5.png

This is a monthly podcast series that presents notable Indie Game soundtracks. A likeable host and guests, a fantastic track selection, interesting discussions and a focus for Indies will make this one a mainstay in my monthly threads.

New podcast subscription GET! Thanks Toma :).

Good morning Steam GAF. Finally taking care of some unused inventory. Enjoy.

Woo! Sends PM to Modbot.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Nooooo! How did I miss that?! *slaps self* :(

Lord Modbot, I humbly beg your forgiveness for my grievous error!

*grovels*

never played a civ game....is the barrier of entry high?

Civ V is pretty noob friendly apparently. I played it during the recent Steam free weekend and after a few cracks at the tutorial had basically got the hang of it. I was soon losing hours upon hours to it so as has already been said, it can be a real time sink.

Indie Game discussion thread up:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Currently only the daily and flash deals included, but I'll fill in the blanks over time, otherwise the thread wouldnt be up until doomsday comes around.

Awesome :).

EDIT - sorry, forgot to say: awesome give a way vermadas :).

Hotline Miami achievements arent unlocking for me for some reason. Is their something I can do such as reinstalling the game to get them to work?

Alec

I imagine these Summer cards will not be obtainable once the sale is over. Sitting on your extra Summer cards and selling them later will probably nab you a huge profit.

AxeMan

Just played some Euro Truck Sim 2.
I wish I didn't get rid of my steering wheel setup now

Got a card for my troubles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom