• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDot

Banned
thank you vermadas do SMB, lone survivor and braid. took a long time because I had to switch browsers.

now can someone explain me that free steam library, and what went down?

Crafted my first badge for Bastion, kind of regret it a little, since I sold a bunch of other cards to pay for Bastion, I'm thinking I probably could have sold them and maybe bought something else tomorrow.

Are they coming? I could have swore Scribblenauts is listed as having them.

Just checked...Scribblenauts does show as having cards. Is there a future release of them or something??

I got two Scribblenauts cards last night after about two hours of playing (two separate sessions of about an hour each).

Are they coming? I could have swore Scribblenauts is listed as having them.

Just checked...Scribblenauts does show as having cards. Is there a future release of them or something??

Sorry must have missed that. But yeah, steam is struggling with cards it seems. Restart steam if you are not getting a drop every 30 minutes or so.

The_Monk

Just curious, that Summer Badge, can be Crafted more than one time fellow GAFfers? I don't have all the cards but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance for answering.

derExperte

E.g i have the thq pack through steam last sale xmas time i think, not humble bundle, as i have saints row and darksiders 1 on ps+ and ps3 disc, i thought as i have them both sitting on steam, but unactivated i thought i could give him the steam key and it would just take it from my list, and add to his machine
i guess thats now how it works?

No, you can't pick apart bundles bought on Steam and they usually don't give you a gift if you own games in them already, they get lost forever. You would have to give him all or nothing (if you mean by "unactivated" that the bundle is a gift in your inventory).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
so, uh, this topic grew like 60 pages in 12 hours... any kind soul can give a summary of this madness? :)

Thieve

Neo Member
Yeah, I was pretty sure I wasn't crazy and the other guy was mistaken :)

I put at least 2 hours into the games....:(

Does something pop up? I've never gotten a drop before.

You'll get a notification on the lower right side, like when someone logs on or plays a game. Also, (depending on your skin) you'll get a number on the upper right corner of Steam itself, showing you have new items in your inventory.

Thieve

Neo Member
Oh wow, that's a lot, no way I can reach that, If I get one I'll be lucky, thanks for answering.

There's a chance! Just keep voting every day, every three votes gets you a card. If you buy enough games or trade/sell other cards, you could possibly do it.

MikeDown

Banned
I had a dream last night, and Gaben came to me saying not to worry that they were going to make HL3 once he did stuff. In my dream he kinda looked like the mayor from cloudy from chance of meatballs.

The_Monk

There's a chance! Just keep voting every day, every three votes gets you a card. If you buy enough games or trade/sell other cards, you could possibly do it.

Guess I'm going to try just for the fun fellow GAFfer, thank you! I just check but I still need 4 Cards to complete a set. Let's see if I'm lucky or not. Good luck to everyone!

The summer sales cards are at rock bottom prices right now yes?

Just checked and people in here are selling for 0.30€ and 0.40€ so it's almost the same for other cards, I believe?

KiDdYoNe

Do you guys think cards will sell for more after the summer sale?

Yeah, we talked about it.

Now there already bunch of cards - people getting them just by crafting regular badges and voting. So, bunch of undercuts. Then there's gonna be no ability to earn the card and if someone wants to get a badge he's gonna buy it. So yeah, i think prices for summer sale cards gonna go up after the event.

Tomb Raider is still $14.87 on Amazon. I want to pick it up but i am afraid it's one of those games i won't be able to finish because it scares the shit out of me.

Is there jump scares in it? Crazy monsters like the original games? Feel free to spoil me on the scary/monster parts with spoiler tags. And is there underwater levels? If so, any sharks? underwater enemies/creatures? It might sound stupid to some but i have a real fear of that shit and it really, really gets to me.

Nah, more like Lost mets Indiana Jones. I actually have it and haven't found any monsters / weird creatures yet. Reason I want another copy is my daughter saw me playing it and there's no way she's getting on my computer.

14 bucks on amazon? All I see is 17 bucks ;(

*NMV, saw you needed a promo code - Gooncave *

It's mine, well... her's.

dejan

I just bought Football Manager 2013 and I'm not quite sure why exactly, but I'll care about that another day. I do remember liking these kind of games, one of the early one's being Tennis Manager on the C64. The last football manager I've played was Bundesliga Manager Hattrick in 1994, I doubt much has changed.

Petrie

Banned
Letting games idle at home and watching the cards popup at the office is fun. Making like 25 cents every half hour or so, guess I'll be getting an indie or 2 for free. Maybe use the money for CS:GO if it pops up again. Schweeet!

Sulla1980

Bought Don't Starve on Amazon, received a key for the Maw. Y'all are welcome to it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw -- MB-CF3B1444E4A2812B - Taken by Dipper145

Thieve

Neo Member
The summer sales cards are at rock bottom prices right now yes?

I donno if I'd say rock bottom, but they've stabilized where they're at for now. Been 0.40-0.55 usd for the past 8 hours or so. Once people start buying again for the new sales, and potentially new cards for games released, they could drop again.

shandy706

Nah, more like Lost mets Indiana Jones. I actually have it and haven't found any monsters / weird creatures yet. Reason I want another copy is my daughter saw me playing it and there's no way she's getting on my computer.

Use the coupon code "Gooncave"

It doesn't work for me now, but I've already used it once and got the game for $14...that may be why.

smr00

Banned

Use the code gooncave to take 15% off.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want Civ 5 but I only got 58 for the rest of the sale. So I might be skpping it -_-

Other games I want to drop price.

Remember Me
Tomb Raider
Metro Last Light
Dust
YS games

Dont know what else I might be missing tho since Im still a newbie obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom