• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we get either Dust, Bastion or Sonic & All Stars Racing on the sale, I missed out on the Sonic deal last week and didnt buy last night Bastion. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any way to vote on games through my iPhone?

MikeDown

Banned
Tomb Raider is still $14.87 on Amazon. I want to pick it up but i am afraid it's one of those games i won't be able to finish because it scares the shit out of me.

Is there jump scares in it? Crazy monsters like the original games? Feel free to spoil me on the scary/monster parts with spoiler tags. And is there underwater levels? If so, any sharks? underwater enemies/creatures? It might sound stupid to some but i have a real fear of that shit and it really, really gets to me.
only thing scary about that game is some of the voice acting

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tomb Raider is still $14.87 on Amazon. I want to pick it up but i am afraid it's one of those games i won't be able to finish because it scares the shit out of me.

Is there jump scares in it? Crazy monsters like the original games? Feel free to spoil me on the scary/monster parts with spoiler tags. And is there underwater levels? If so, any sharks? underwater enemies/creatures? It might sound stupid to some but i have a real fear of that shit and it really, really gets to me.
Not really any scares except maybe some wolves. The situations in the game strive to be more tense and unnerving than trying to make you jump. A lot of times it's you sneaking up on enemies too.

What about water levels? I just need to know if there are any kind of sharks or anything. I know it sounds extremely stupid to some people but it sends my anxiety into a fucking frenzy.

Reminds me of the people freaking out about the spiders in Skyrim. Thankfully none of my real-life fears translate into games.

Though my hate for Cazadores might have something to do with my childhood fear of bees and wasps. Maybe. Fucking Cazadores.

BioShock Infinite is making me feel a bit woozy with all the floating buildings floating up and down, but I just haven't adjusted to it yet. I'm pretty suspectible to motion sickness.

My Metro still says order in progress, but I don't care that much if I get it or not, it would just sit in my library, with me glancing at it once every few months and maybe acknowledging its existence.

What was the whole Metro thing that happened last night? A misprice?

gblues

Banned
Bought Bastion for 2.49 (that I got from selling cards from games I already own).
Got the card drops
Sold the cards to get about a dollar total

If I'd gotten rarer drops, the game would've paid for itself. But I'll settle for 40% back. :)

Draft

Damn, I was asleep. Did I miss the dishonoured flash or did Borderlands 2 win(as usual)?
Fook dat sheet. Dishonored is the game I most want to go on sale.

I copped Saint's Row 3 and all the DLC in memoriam. RIP Ryan Davis! Your legacy lives on!

shandy706

Bought Bastion for 2.49 (that I got from selling cards from games I already own).
Got the card drops
Sold the cards to get about a dollar total

If I'd gotten rarer drops, the game would've paid for itself. But I'll settle for 40% back. :)

I put time into Tomb Raider and Scribblenaughts last night. I've yet to get a card drop for either :(

Thanks guys. Crazy, I don't think I've ever seen a vote Borderlands hasn't won, who the hell doesn't own it by now?

I was able to buy the Psycho DLC at -66% off. I have owned BL2 since launch but was very happy to get the DLC at a discount. I had been waiting for the Summer Sale for that reason.

When you vote for a game, all of it's DLC will get the same reduced % that the game does.

Overdoziz

Banned
Reminds me of the people freaking out about the spiders in Skyrim. Thankfully none of my real-life fears translate into games.

Though my hate for Cazadores might have something to do with my childhood fear of bees and wasps. Maybe. Fucking Cazadores.
Probably has more to do with the fact that they're some tough sons of bitches.

Billen

Banned
aww wanted puzzle chronicles, not available in my region it seems, at least I don't see

I got a message from factorone that he/she took it too quickly, and already had it on steam. Send a PM to factorone here on Gaf and it can probably get resolved quickly.

smr00

Banned

BioShock Infinite is making me feel a bit woozy with all the floating buildings floating up and down, but I just haven't adjusted to it yet. I'm pretty suspectible to motion sickness.
I have a big fear of spiders but i can deal with them in games it's just something about creatures and sharks and being underwater. It just really fucking freaks me out.

It's funny because in terms of movies i never get scared, i have been a horror film fan for 20 some years and even the jump scares never get me but games? Whole new level. I like the tense moments in games, yeah it ramps up my anxiety but in a good way. I just don't like underwater/shark stuff and i don't like jump scares in games. I can deal with jump scares in games i just think that it's lazy development. But sharks/water? FUCK THAT NOISE.

Wolves i can deal with so i guess i will pick it up.

taranatar

I know its a long shot. But myself and a mate have just picked up Defiance. Just something to team up and play for a few weeks as its so cheap.

We are on the Europe server, If anyone has also just started maybe we could team up.

Metalmarc

I found how how stupid i am today, i assumed provided i had bought the game for myself and was in my list of games but not activated,

i assumed i could take the key for the game and pass it onto my brother to activate the game for himself, this however is not possible, so im assuming all the steam keys given away here are bought as gifts right?

What i thought is i could buy a collection of games, and take one out for my brother and have all the others for myself

E.g i have the thq pack through steam last sale xmas time i think, not humble bundle, as i have saints row and darksiders 1 on ps+ and ps3 disc, i thought as i have them both sitting on steam, but unactivated i thought i could give him the steam key and it would just take it from my list, and add to his machine
i guess thats now how it works?

Probably has more to do with the fact that they're some tough sons of bitches.

That too.

Goddamn Cazadores.

Don't get me started on Albino Radscorpions.

It's funny because in terms of movies i never get scared, i have been a horror film fan for 20 some years and even the jump scares never get me but games? Whole new level. I like the tense moments in games, yeah it ramps up my anxiety but in a good way. I just don't like underwater/shark stuff and i don't like jump scares in games. I can deal with jump scares in games i just think that it's lazy development. But sharks/water? FUCK THAT NOISE

I'm the other way around. I don't like watching "jump scare"-movies, but I'm fine with them in games. Horror games are cool.

I'll take it you haven't played BioShock yet, then? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom