• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

Was playing Tomb Raider on ULTIMATE last night ( I think that's the right word), and GOOD GOD it's gorgeous!!

It kinda made me chuckle when I saw a setting above Ultra as an option. Was overjoyed when it ran like butter too!

FYC

Banned
Not sure I want to dive into Skyrim since I haven't played Morrowind yet

But I could use the trading cards (since I already own it) to buy Morrowind if it goes on sale

Hrmm

Always so strange to see people here just "exclusively" buying on Steam during Steamsales.

I see people are waiting for Tomb Raider, while it was cheap as hell two or three weeks ago on GMG.
Dust was 50% one week ago or so.
Saints Row 3 is given out almost every day here on GAF thanks to the Humble Bundle.
Skyrim was about 8€ in some UK-Shop a few months ago IIRC and I bought it for 12€ last winter sale during the Gamestop-Digital Download Sale thingy.

Just kinda funny to see.

Speaking of homecomings, will homefront ever get a sale again, I didn't pick it up when thq went bankrupt but now I want to try its supposedly super shitty campaign.

LiK

Always so strange to see people here just "exclusively" buying on Steam during Steamsales.

I see people are waiting for Tomb Raider, while it was cheap as hell two or three weeks ago on GMG.
Saints Row 3 is given out almost every day here on GAF thanks to the Humble Bundle.

Just kinda funny to see.

Amazon has also been doing more deals than Steam. Some dudes just don't follow those other deal threads.

shandy706

Skyrim was about 8€ in some UK-Shop a few months ago IIRC and I bought it for 12€ last winter sale during the Gamestop-Digital Download Sale thingy.

Just kinda funny to see.

Most of the people I have talked to on here bought it on Amazon the last couple days.

Was playing Tomb Raider on ULTIMATE last night ( I think that's the right word), and GOOD GOD it's gorgeous!!

It kinda made me chuckle when I saw a setting above Ultra as an option. Was overjoyed when it ran like butter too!

Ultimate just turns TresFX on (hair physics). But yes it is pretty :D. I did find I had to turn it off later into the game during the heavier action sequences as the framerate took a dive (Running a 7970 here).

Sulla1980

Last night I played Bio Infinite (for the cards), and then fired up Tomb Raider and was blown away by how good it looks.

Speaking of Infinite cards, I have been selling all of the cards that I get, but these Bioshock ones are pretty nice.

LiK

Last night I played Bio Infinite (for the cards), and then fired up Tomb Raider and was blown away by how good it looks.

Speaking of Infinite cards, I have been selling all of the cards that I get, but these Bioshock ones are pretty nice.

I may keep the Infinite cards cuz I loved the game. They're not selling for much anyway. I checked last night and the market is already flooded with them.

Just kinda funny to see.

Stearn sales just brings everyone together.

Kind of disappointed that Prototype hasn't received any kind of discount. Was kinda hoping for the 4.99 price from the winter sale. Has Activision just completely pulled out of the steam sales?

ElRenoRaven

Just kinda funny to see.

I think it's mainly because most of us just want to keep our games in one location. I know that's why I tend to buy only steam during sales.

Kind of disappointed that Prototype hasn't received any kind of discount. Was kinda hoping for the 4.99 price from the winter sale. Has Activision just completely pulled out of the steam sales?

wait for the daily, the special or the community choice. that is the rule number one of any steam sales

I wake up to the new flash sale game being Saints Row 3. Doesn't that game go on sale a ton?

I really just don't know anymore, I really wanted KOTR2 to win because $3 is way to cheap to even think about passing up :(

Just kinda funny to see.

I wish i had the money for saints row 3. Dammit.

Konami and Activision dont believe in "sales" its pathetic, all their games will forever live in my wishlist :(

Also a minute of silence for Blur and Wolf 2009, I will never own them

shandy706

Ultimate just turns TresFX on (hair physics). But yes it is pretty :D. I did find I had to turn it off later into the game during the heavier action sequences as the framerate took a dive (Running a 7970 here).

I'm wondering if my i7 makes up for TresFX? I was thinking it was GPU bound. I also read about Nvidia cards initially being a problem. Obviously there are patches now. I've had no problem holding around 50-60hz with my i7 and 660 Ti @ 1080p on ultimate.

I think it's mainly because most of us just want to keep our games in one location. I know that's why I tend to buy only steam during sales.

I can understand that, but GMG, Amazon.com, Simplygames, nuuvem and such are also selling steam-keys, most of the time. And are often far cheaper than during the steam-sales.

An example is Bioshock Infinite. Isnt it about 7 or 8€ cheaper at GMG now with the code?
The same with Tomb Raider, that was about 11€ a few weeks ago at GMG.

And for all those you also get steam-codes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1013200_421365091314662_1325265409_n.jpg

995897_421365104647994_1682863373_n.jpg

992874_421365041314667_1308645782_n.jpg
I accept donations
KuGsj.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm wondering if my i7 makes up for TresFX? I was thinking it was GPU bound. I also read about Nvidia cards initially being a problem. Obviously there are patches now. I've had no problem holding around 50-60hz with my i7 and 660 Ti @ 1080p on ultimate.

It is. The effect is achieved via DirectCompute.

smr00

Banned
I can understand that, but GMG, Amazon.com, Simplygames, nuuvem and such are also selling steam-keys, most of the time. And are often far cheaper than during the steam-sales.

An example is Bioshock Infinite. Isnt it about 7 or 8€ cheaper at GMG now with the code?
The same with Tomb Raider, that was about 11€ a few weeks ago at GMG.

And for all those you also get steam-codes.
Yup. I would say 80% of my steam games were bought off GMG, GG, Amazon and indie bundle sites.

There is absolutely no reason to not buy steam games from other sites if they have them cheaper. I can understand not wanting to buy games that don't activate if you want all your games on 1 client but even if you buy stuff off like GOG or DRM free you can always add them to your steam via non-steam product and launch them through steam.

Alec

I crafted one badge but will keep the rest, maybe buy a few for under 30Cents. Could pay off, could not if a lot of people have the same idea, there will be a lot of those cards going around.

True...just hold on to them even longer. Once people start crafting them, they will become harder and harder to come by.

Personally, I have already the badge maxed along with the Foil. >_<

Anyone got any trading card purchase tips?

Every time I spot a summer trading cost going at a low-ish price, the moment I try and buy it, someone has already bought it.

I realise that this is a busy time, and that it's going to be hard to buy cards, but there has to be a way to get these quicker than I am. Are there any cool tips or methods to doing this? Disabling images perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom