• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Same.
Not that I want to buy it. I just want other people to do so.
Played it at a friend's place and it's worth the experience.

That's partly my reason too. I never played it though and was meaning to for a long time, but didn't get the chance.

Also, GTAIV is cheap on Amazon lol.

I'm wondering if my i7 makes up for TresFX? I was thinking it was GPU bound. I also read about Nvidia cards initially being a problem. Obviously there are patches now. I've had no problem holding around 50-60hz with my i7 and 660 Ti @ 1080p on ultimate.

Hmmm maybe, it does seem like something the CPU would calculate, I have a i5 3570K. So it might have bottlenecked. I have found Physx games to kill framerate, but I think thats mainly because ATI cards have a hard time with it.

Edit: Nevermind, saw JaseC's post, might have to update my graphics drivers and see if it fixes it.

inm8num2

In order to get the Civ V upgrade do you just need to own Civ V base? $5 for all those DLC + Gods and Kings seems like a great deal.

Anyone got any trading card purchase tips?

Every time I spot a summer trading cost going at a low-ish price, the moment I try and buy it, someone has already bought it.

I realise that this is a busy time, and that it's going to be hard to buy cards, but there has to be a way to get these quicker than I am. Are there any cool tips or methods to doing this? Disabling images perhaps?

the fast and the furious.. it's all about luck, speed, and overall.. F5!!!

Yup. I would say 80% of my steam games were bought off GMG, GG, Amazon and indie bundle sites.

There is absolutely no reason to not buy steam games from other sites if they have them cheaper. I can understand not wanting to buy games that don't activate if you want all your games on 1 client but even if you buy stuff off like GOG or DRM free you can always add them to your steam via non-steam product and launch them through steam.

Yeah. Thats why I dont really understand why people in this thread disregard other sales and exclusively buy games during steam-sales.

reddmyst

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NightSky -- MB-D032149BE4DB0BE3

H3xum

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-742894B960F33978 - Taken by Deques
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-0F5FAC8A0C2F592E - Taken by PandaPedinte
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-DB35DC0A2EEEA2B3 - Taken by Rise Kujikawa

Just because it has been awhile since the last giveaway....

Freezard

Does anyone know if the new cards will still be around after the sale ends? More importantly, will you be able to craft the summer badge?

I didn't realize Scribblenauts Unlimited was a totally new game. Thought it was just a re release of the older games on PC

What does Unlimited change/add/improve? I love the Scribblenauts series.

bro1

Banned
so far, this sale sucks. No huge bundles and not much on new games. Waiting on Metro Last Light and a few other shooters like Black Ops 2 get discounted in a amajor way.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I can understand that, but GMG, Amazon.com, Simplygames, nuuvem and such are also selling steam-keys, most of the time. And are often far cheaper than during the steam-sales.

An example is Bioshock Infinite. Isnt it about 7 or 8€ cheaper at GMG now with the code?
The same with Tomb Raider, that was about 11€ a few weeks ago at GMG.

And for all those you also get steam-codes.
In my case, the GMG price would be more expensive after conversion. I'm in Brazil, so Nuuvem and Steam showing the price in the local currency (Reais) can make a difference. Bio Infinite is R$54,47 with the 20% voucher on GMG after conversion, while it's R$47,49 on Steam.

Razorskin

----- ------
Yes.

Do it. BNW makes Civ V unquestionably better than Civ IV.

He doesn't need to own the base game.
X1hVdnd.png

Shahadan

Okay Steam has been displaying my games by chronological order of last playing, and it's driving me crazy. how do I go back to an alphabetical order?

Edit : ok found it, 'm dumb

Raxus

I am playing a bunch of scribblenauts and so far only one card drop :(

Fun game so far. Well worth the 5 bucks. I feel like an idiot for some of the puzzle solutions staring me in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom