• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Can we please not turn a thread about the current Steam sale into some meta discussion about discourse regarding PC vs. console gaming on GAF in general? Thanks.

Yes be kind to each other fellow GAFfers. Everyone is different and have different tastes. People can be both console and PC gamers, so I believe that every one should be united, not divided.

The Community is so much better when we all get along, so let's work to keep it that way my good GAFfers.

smr00

Banned
tumblr_mlpmstsd5O1s5c6k4o1_500.gif

How many of you are doing this?

I sorta am
My Steam wallet is still packed full of cash. I can't get rid of my wallet money fast enough
Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

cicero

I sorta am

I have bought nothing for myself yet, only gifts. I hope that some of my desired wishlist games go on a daily sale for a decent price. My previous list HERE was a bit larger, now I just hope for these to have decent sales.

Unity of Command & DLC
Ys I
Din's Curse + DLC
Conquest of Elysium 3
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Rayman Origins
World in Conflict
Driver San Francisco

Games I really really want but which are unlikely to have large enough deals on for me to bite:
Xenonauts
The Swapper
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Gunpoint
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

BLunted

Banned

I sorta am

I am actually pacing myself. I already have a backlog, so scrutinizing every purchase thinking "Am I actually going to play this?"

It easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of buys games for the sake of being on sale.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The GTA IV and Portal 2 prices seem like the same as in previous sales, but haven't we gotten Mirrors Edge cheaper than 6 dollars before?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I am. On Amazon I got MW3 for $14. There is a discount right now of 25% but I was hoping for 50%

The modern Call of Duty titles will most certainly appear as Dailies, but I wouldn't expect a generous discount on Black Ops 2.

hlhbk

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Laura Croft and the guardian of light -- MB-52F34BD14EF481F7 - Taken by avcables

I hope I did this right....

DukeBobby

My haul so far:

Antichamber - £5.09
Duke Nukem 3D - £2.37
Little Inferno - £1.74

Not much, but looking forward to day 2. Bring on the indies!!

tarheel91

GTAIV vs. Saints Row 3. I'm only probably going to pick up one. Which should it be? I like to both do missions and dick around equally.

Am i the only one who thinks steam sales are overhyped? Yes there are good deals like darksouls and borderlands 2 and countless other indie games but this isn't exactly the reason why PC gaming is so great. Everytime someone in a forum or comments section go "ERMAGERD STAEM SALE SO GOOD SO CEHAP PC GAMEN BEST THANX GABENUEL XOXO" i cringe, cause it sounds like were trying so hard to justify our choice of gaming platform. And then ignorant console fanbois proceed to make snark remarkz like "LOLOLOL, DIS IS Y DEVS DONT SUPPORT PC CAUSE YOU GUYS EIDA PIRATE EVERY GAME OR ONLY BUY IT WHEN ITZ 2$$$ LOL PC GAMING SUX LELELEL"
and i proceed to cringe some more.

Plus its not really that much of a saving considering you can buy major releases like Tomb Raider and Bioshock on release from sites such as GMG for like only slightly more than steam sale prices. Plus you dont have to wait a year...

Go away.

Really wanted KOTOR to win, hmm. Doesn't seem like an amazing deal, but I'm pretty sure everyone (including myself) already owns GTA IV and Portal 2 so I voted for Mirrors Edge.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The modern Call of Duty titles will most certainly appear as Dailies, but I wouldn't expect a generous discount on Black Ops 2.
They really should have the older ones for cheap at least. They did it once eons ago and never again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom