• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris.

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble with FEZ? Nothing seems to work quite right. First the constant flickering (Had to activate 16-Bit modus on my Desktop), the start-menü doesn't work most of the time, graphics disappear for no reason (though only once, lucky me) Early PC-port problems or is it "my" fault? Re-install perhaps?

Besides those issues seems the game really great. Game was discounted, still would be nice if it would work as intended! :p

I just played it for the first time, didn't notice anything wrong. Might just be you. :/

The_Monk

Well I'm 10 minutes into FTL and feeling like Captain Kirk. Nothing can stop me and my crew!

Strange.

I felt like Commander Shepard ...

My name is Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the citadel!*

*Because I'm always on a Store, repairing my Ship :(

It turned out to be a pricing mistake and they fixed it.

I do not mean to derail, though thank you for Enhanced Steam. I wasn't aware that it came to Firefox until last night. It made my usual day one run through the 124 pages of specials from low to high much more enjoyable and has blown out my temporary wishlist to embarrassing proportions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But... if you are here...

...Go play 400 Days DLC for the both of us fellow GAFfer! :p

As for myself:

The only thing I like more than SteamGAF is GAF-GAF.
You're right. I haven't eaten dinner yet, so I'll wait for that. Once I'm done...

I'm already excited about it. It's gonna be great, and I'm gonna love it. And you'll hear about it and want to try it, so you'll buy it and play it and love it too! (Or so I hope)

kevin1025

Banned
oh god what is happening, I am buying games which are god awful JUST for the cards.

its-working-its-working.gif

I did not know that I was supposed to set the sell price for a card I want to sell. I thought Steam would do it automatically based on the cards rarity or something.

So what's the usual best price for selling cards? It says $0.30 on the chart when I try to sell it, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Mordeccai

I didnt find it hard but it kinda didnt allow me to play around with the vigors much and try different stuff wich was sort of a bummer

maybe go down to normal

Yeah I'm tryna use the vigors but theres like no time for anything but shooting. At least the iron sights are nice.

All I know is I've been destroyed by turrets that I can't find twice now lol.

I'm trying to sell some crap at the market, emoticons, profile wallpapers and the beta badge, lol. it's gonna take some time buy I don't want to keep that crap in my inventory plus, I'm only 6 cents away for affording Super House of Dead Ninjas by selling some cards
KuGsj.gif

Karu

Just dropped 7$ for the walking dead. Never played it, heard good things.

Worth the investment?
As one of the few people on this planet, I had quite a few issues with it, story and gameplay-wise. But since it's nonetheless worth 7 bucks, you should get it!

I never teleport cause micromanagement screws with my head and I end up blowing the other ship with my crew still in it
You get more scrap and a higher chance to get a weapon from killing the crew. The best thing to do is only use weapons on the ship to help your boarding crew (ie blow up the medical room so they can't heal)

Prophane33

I did not know that I was supposed to set the sell price for a card I want to sell. I thought Steam would do it automatically based on the cards rarity or something.

So what's the usual best price for selling cards? It says $0.30 on the chart when I try to sell it, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Search for the card on the market, see what some of the lower prices are for it. Then try and sell it around that price.

Today's damage (and The Walking Dead was for my wife).

Code:
======================================
The Walking Dead DLC		 $4.99
Don't Starve			 $6.74
======================================
				$11.73

Mordeccai

My favorite ship is The Basilisk. It has 4 goddamn crew teleporter spots and a boarding drone. So much fun.

Man, that reminds me of last nights play through.

I had four mantis badasses that were max level at fighting I was using as a boarding party. Fight is going swimmingly.... but somehow I forgot to notice the ship was trying to jump away. So the whole fight I was just focusing on taking out their weapons and shields.

Suddenly, big blinking red letters, JUMP IMMINENT. My teleporter was on cooldown. I fired everything I could at the engines, but to no avail. I start to descend into panic. Ass hole pirates jumped away with all four of my mantis badasses :[

I rage quit that game. I was in the seventh sector, too. I couldn't forgive myself for being such a shitty captain and letting my crew get taken away :(((

How to sell cards:

Steam tacks on 15%, be mindful of that.

If you need to sell the card ASAP, look at the market price. Set your card price. Then go to the market, and click on your listing. You'll see the lowest price for the card. Try setting it around there (so your price is market_price/1.15 ).

Do not kill the market by constantly lowering the price on your cards. Some cards that used to be over 30C have degraded down to 10 C because people are doing this. Honestly selling cards for 10C a piece is a waste of time, you're better off being cute and crafting.

When a new game gets cards, the cost starts high-ish, then plummets, then comes back again when it becomes rare. Some people will likely use bots to buy out really dirt cheap cards, knowing they will come back up in price once people settle down.

Hope that helps

MikeDown

Banned
So I just played about an hour and a half of Bioshock Infinite

God damn the game is beautiful. First 60 minutes was me just walking around and soaking everything in.

Hard mode is hard as hell though, especially with a 360 controller. Gonna play hard for another few hours and then see if I need to bump it down.
I only used the 360 pad for parts my LPs cause the mouse it too jittery. I love the soundtrack to the game also! The music isn't so bold that is distracts, taking away from the gameplay/story. Nor is it generic enough to be forgotten, the composer struck a right balance between the atmosphere and the narrative ques. Brilliant composition, even if Elizabeth's theme was inspired from another classical piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom