• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I seem to remember they used to have 'add to cart' buttons direct from the sale page a few sales ago. Don't know why they took that out, seems so convenient. Maybe their infrastructure doesn't allow for it anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I seem to remember they used to have 'add to cart' buttons direct from the sale page a few sales ago. Don't know why they took that out, seems so convenient. Maybe their infrastructure doesn't allow for it anymore.

The infrastructure certainly still supports it - they just made a design choice and decided against putting them there this year.

Feep

Banned
probably a daily at some point, despite being only just released. I would expect Gunpoint there as well. You really can't ignore the massive coverage of a sale.

Speaking of which, I was wondering what has happened to Feep's Sequence since its release and subsequent sale daily in terms of tail form.
I don't really know how to answer this question? Pretty standard long tail...the sales are always some nice extra revenue, but in general, Sequence has made what it's gonna make.

Oh well time to make a new one

The_Monk

Our dearest resident Monk, I was sleeping through the hours of the PM nastiness, and having now caught up with developments, I would like to publicly say 'go you' for speaking up. Nice work - you make GAF a better place, thanks.

Unrelated - sale damage update: a handful of copies of FTL for gifting... that's it so far. Not sure what's wrong with me. :(

Aw, you too, being all kind. So much kindness makes me all emotional.

As for the FTL, very kind of you, hope they go for a good home, it's a great game with a lovely addicting soundtrack!

Yondy604

Banned
TIPS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET MASS CARDS EVERY HOUR. (I average about 6 cards a Hour right now).

OPEN GAME WITH CARDS - For example SKYRIM. TURN OFF WINDOW MODE, DO NOT MINIMIZE THE GAME <-- crucial

Game will think you are playing it, and playing it non stop.

OPEN ANOTHER GAME
DO NOT MINIMIZE (you cant even do it ONCE), MAKE SURE WINDOW MODE IS OFF.

Rinse repeat for as many games as possible.

(I have about 10 running at a time)

Now I'm getting nostalgic.

I think that my first official Steam purchase was Half-Life 2. :D
I remember the stress of not having a physical copy, and burning a disc backup of it that I never ended up using.

My previous Valve games were purchased via CD retail and Valve let us add them on Steam for free.

I don't really know how to answer this question? Pretty standard long tail...the sales are always some nice extra revenue, but in general, Sequence has made what it's gonna make.

Oh well time to make a new one
You should try to get in on the Trading Card game, it could give you a boost.

Dr.Acula

Banned
TIPS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET MASS CARDS EVERY HOUR. (I average about 6 cards a Hour right now).

OPEN GAME WITH CARDS - For example SKYRIM. TURN OFF WINDOW MODE, DO NOT MINIMIZE THE GAME <-- crucial

OPEN ANOTHER GAME

So open a game, leave it at the start-menu, alt-tab, open a new game, repeat?

OPEN ANOTHER GAME

How do you open multiple games without minimizing any of them? Even opening Steam on another monitor would make the games minimize, or at least not the priority process.

37381-well-done-sir-toast-wine-glass-NKqQ.gif

Where is that from and who is the gentleman sitting down please?

He is pretty yummy :).

OPEN ANOTHER GAME

I get cards from minimized games. As long as the counter for how long you've played the game goes up I think you're good to go.

Jintor

The infrastructure certainly still supports it - they just made a design choice and decided against putting them there this year.

bizarre, you'd think they'd want to up the clickthrough rate as much as possible by reducing barriers

Maybe they're being generous, like making you go that extra step before you grab the pitcher of alcohol

Fez and FTL are completely different. FTL was my GOTY when released, it is a must play.

Didn't get into Fez but lots of people did so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom