• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still my favourite card. I can't get over how hilarious it is.

E7TpHFh.png

THIS.

People are going to break the market.

Valve needs to give these cards a bit more perceived value before idiots break the market.

Or maybe this is what happens when you can idle multiple games to get more cards thereby removing all scarcity from the market. The price will eventually bottom out when it is so low that idling cards is a waste of time

I only have $6.3 left, I wanted Just Cause 2, Fez and Sleeping Dogs.

WHAT TO DO?

Just Cause 2 it's fun, you will have a lot of things to do, believe me, I have 57 hours registered and I'm at 50% of the game, I haven't played Fez and Sleeping Dogs, but it doesn't matter what game you buy, you won't be wrong!

Or maybe this is what happens when you can idle multiple games to get more cards thereby removing all scarcity from the market. The price will eventually bottom out when it is so low that idling cards is a waste of time

That's definitely part of it.

But people are just selling, not crafting. Because you can craft multiple badges on the same game, and if people were crafting, in principle there should be some scarcity.

I was about to laugh, but then realized I'm the same. I just love SteamGAF.

And I'm no longer a Summer Seal 2013 virgin, yay!

Ditto :).

Oh well played! :)

You do realise that I have now saved that to my hard drive and henceforth will consider him to be doing that directly to me right? :)

Thanks very much BLunted :).

bonesquad

I'm sure it was discussed when it first went up, somewhere in this huge thread, but are the XCOM expansions worth $3? I know, 3 whole dollars, but in a Steam sale that's a whole new game!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
MM-JS-Quiz-560.jpg

dude is the king of silver foxes and my 22 year old ex GF would literally drop her pants every time she saw him

he looks fucking great

what do you think 60 year old people look like
He's attractive, but that doesn't necessarily mean he looks young. My dad, who will be 58 in two months, look younger (but obvious not as handsome) IMO.

Age != Beauty. You can be ugly young and beautiful old.

73V3N

Banned
Just Cause 2 it's fun, you will have a lot of things to do, believe me, I have 57 hours registered and I'm at 50% of the game, I haven't played Fez and Sleeping Dogs, but it doesn't matter what game you buy, you won't be wrong!

Sounds really good.. and all that for only $3.
thanks for the advice.

Slavik81

Is Valve just giving out free games? A copy of Civ 4 just showed up in my inventory.

I did buy Brave New World last night about 20 minutes before it went on sale. Maybe that had something to do with it.

MikeDown

Banned
Agreed, especially that one particular vocal piece that gets repeated a few times over the course of the game in different variations. Obviously not an original composition for the game but I liked the way that threaded throughout the story.

Oh yes, I loved that too. Like you said, the song wasn't just something that fit into the lore of the universe, it also did a good job of gave voice to the themes throughout the narrative. It personified Infinite's semantics throughout.

Yeah I really love the old timey songs that play out of the radios. The quartet at the beginning of the game was pretty awesome to listen to. Bioshock always wins with me because of this older feeling it gives off from the music.

The old timey songs were a brilliant inclusion in Bioshock: Infinite. Primarily it helped the player become immersed in the period. But I found Schyman's take on more contemporary music very beautiful. He added chords and tempos that add so much depth to the music, depth that wasn't there in the originals. And especially the slowed tempo; it gave more time to appreciate the rich vibrancy songs. At least I think it did, but that's just my opinion.

And if you couldn't tell, I like music. :)

bengraven

I'm torn.

Sell cards now - make money for games during deep discount days.
Sell cards later - make more money from demand during regular store deals.

Yondy604

Banned
Don't think you can get cards that way for all the games at once. Think Steam only recognises one (the one you started up first). Tiny pic is banned on GAF by the way.

nope, I average about 6 cards a hour. As long as I don't have them minimized, it's fine.

They are running through the background.

The_Monk

The only thing I never did complete on Sleeping Dogs was finding all those Boxes. Aside of that I think I did everything. (On PS3. *runs* but will play again on PC since I have it in here too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom