• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Cross posting from card thread.

I've got 13 cards that can be yours! If you wanna give me Surgeon Simulator! :3

I'll throw in a sexual favor if needed as well, and act like I enjoy it!

MikeDown

Banned
E0YGW.jpg
I always thought Alison looked alot cuter w/ red hair, before she did Attack of the Show or what ever. Although I think she might have changed it back. idk

Man, I'm really enjoying my first Steam Sale. It's more than just waiting for the next discounts. There's a whole comaraderie among us GAFfers, discussing games, pointing out hidden gems, etc. And watching the clock tick down to the next sale is great.

And most of the discounts are way crazier than I ever expected. I'm so used to the usual 15% drops on PSN and XBLA, so seeing game discounted for 66%, 75%+ is awesome

15 minutes to go till the next Flash Sale!!

So I tried to play Half Life 2 but it says it has to update to some new format or whatever, and it's just been hanging at 0% for like fifteen minutes. Is it ok for me to force quit steam and try some other time? I'm assuming it's because the store is getting hammered.

Bumhead

Banned
Well I set myself a £25 budget for this sale and despite having a much smaller wishlist than I normally do for sales and with all my "bigger" purchases still to appear as dailies, I have £2.97 of that budget left with 8 days to go.

Gaben wins. Flawless victory.

This steam card stuff actually works. I just sold a card and when I got back on Steam after playing a game it said I got $0.50 added to my wallet. That's pretty cool, it's kinda like put in the hard work playing games and get payed for it. I like that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I've bought 3 games and I am still just playing Civ V. I am about to force myself to play some Endless Space right now. FORCE MYSELF.

Just as a quick warning - inferior video cards, despite having enough VRAM (I'm looking at you, Radeons) can get really glitchy with the hires pack. On two separate boxes and installations, I've seen weird things happen like cars just sink into roads and clipping completely break down.

AFAIK, Once you have the hi res pack, the only way to ditch it is to uninstall/reinstall, so be entirely sure that's what you want before you install :)

bengraven

Jesus, praise be to you.

Put Bethesda games on sale soon, so I can get Skyrim, Cthulu, and the New Vegas DLC. I swear I'll never visit the Steam store until after July 22. Even if Don't Starve, Gunslinger, CoD2, and Dishonored and were strangely packaged together for $1.

Jintor

Well I set myself a £25 budget for this sale and despite having a much smaller wishlist than I normally do for sales and with all my "bigger" purchases still to appear as dailies, I have £2.97 of that budget left with 8 days to go.

Gaben wins. Flawless victory.

lol, I'm just trying to restrict myself to <$20 a day. Christ.... and even that I'm going to get eaten for.

Darknight

Hey dudes whats the cheapest that GTA collection has been? What about GTA4? I kinda want to buy GTA4 complete for PC just for the mods but not sure if $7.50 is too much or it will get lower eventually.

Nabs

Just as a quick warning - inferior video cards, despite having enough VRAM (I'm looking at you, Radeons) can get really glitchy with the hires pack. On two separate boxes and installations, I've seen weird things happen like cars just sink into roads and clipping completely break down.

AFAIK, Once you have the hi res pack, the only way to ditch it is to uninstall/reinstall, so be entirely sure that's what you want before you install :)

It worked pretty damn well with my 5850. Can't you disable the Pack in the options menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom