• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Any American able to gift me Sleeping Dogs for payment? :)

ibsM83FUHSrB2N.gif

Users who are willing to help by gifting (in exchange of the proper value sent through paypal) games from other, cheaper regions:

NOTE: Keep in mind that paypal fees might turn up during the exchange. If this is the case it is encouraged for the user being helped to take care of them (you can ussually get around it by sending something like 1 or 2 extra bucks)

us.png
- japanator

us.png
- I H8 MEMES

us.png
- gabbo

gb.png
- Cosmic Schwung

r3n4ud

PM me.

Phew, its been a while since ive hit up the steam thread. Not buying much since im sinking my teeth into dark souls and busy with work. Just jumped on this whole trading card thing sitting at around $2.50 which is nice I guess.

Ya. I see you're idling in L4D2 lol

That gif is still fantastic.

And I'm gonna have to hold off on Sleepy Dogs. My purchase of BioShock Infinite on GMG yesterday made me go over budget, and I really only have enough to nab Portal 2 when it gets a daily or flash sale. Sucks, but there's always the winter sale, I guess.

Corsick

Well using supply and demand, the games that have just come out with card support initially will have high prices. The cards system entices users to purchase more games for higher rewards. very smart steam.

And also, igames have split cards, some for just playing and some for doing specific things. of course the latter will be more in demand due to limited supply, so higher priced.

So is there value in keeping them other than as a collector's item?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
George Washington was my arch enemy in my last playthrough of Civ. Steam gives me 2 George Washington trading cards during my playthrough. SMH

Hahah, looks like the one game I won off ModBot was a Steam Trading Card Beta Access. :( Was hoping for Grimrock, but it got a laugh out of me at least haha. :)

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
What does "not great" mean? I don't want to buy it if it isn't an adequate version of the game. I'll play it with a controller, so that's not an issue.

It's originally capped at 30FPS and has a few stability issues, as well as quite a lot of bugs. But honestly if you look past that/don't encounter them and can deal with the FPS lock, it's a really enjoyable game. Those technical things however break the experience for me.

Volotaire

So is there value in keeping them other than as a collector's item?

Well you can keep em to craft badges for full set of cards, and that will allow you to 'level up' . This allows for emoticons and extra friends list slots and other stuff. SOme other cards might come out this process as well. But imo, I'm interested in minmal effort and maximal output.

Salsa

It's originally capped at 30FPS and has a few stability issues, as well as quite a lot of bugs. But honestly if you look past that/don't encounter them and can deal with the FPS lock, it's a really enjoyable game. Those technical things however break the experience for me.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bully:_Scholarship_Edition

FPS Limiter • Link
The framerate is limited to 30fps, which while playable is not ideal. The framerate cap can be removed by using the Framerate Unlocker by jackfuste:

Download and install the 1.200 patch if you haven't already. This isn't necessary on Steam versions of the game.

Download the Framerate Unlocker by jackfuste

Backup and then replace your Bully.exe in the game's folder with the one downloaded above.

If I was not completely broke right now I would prob pick up a copy of Half Life 2 (have orange box on PS3, but HL2 is needed to get a lot of Source mod games iirc).

Edit: Well at least I was able to grab a copy of Metro Last Light from Best Buy for $.01.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
But you only have 78 games.

I'm glad you got Sleeping Dogs, though. Have fun.

I've had sleeping dogs forever. 78 games doesn't count my inventory or the insane amount of Amazon codes I haven't redeemed yet.

I don't even play on Steam that much :(

Retrofluxed

At the beginning of the sale I was ready to bite the bullet and buy Sacred 2 Gold for $5 bucks (like it was during the winter sale). Imagine my dismay when I discovered it is priced at $10. I really hope it gets a flash deal.

Hah, sold some cards for the first time.
My Bioshock Infinite and Don't Starve cards.

They go pretty quickly if you try and get the bottom price, and hey... free money!

I had Sleepy Dogs in my cart before someone in the thread reminded me that I have it for free on PlayStation Plus. heh
I know PC master race and all... but free is free and now I have a few bucks to buy another Steam game.

Eyothrie

Of course, the rest of steam community is no doubt busying itself voting for games that have been on sale many times before.

Granted I don't live on Steam, so I haven't seen Tropico 4 on sale before and would like to play it. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait for when its on sale again, right? :)

Nabs

I had Sleepy Dogs in my cart before someone in the thread reminded me that I have it for free on PlayStation Plus. heh
I know PC master race and all... but free is free and now I have a few bucks to buy another Steam game.

I think the resolution and framerate increase is worth the price, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom