• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I know some fellow GAFfers already got this game and others were curious so I would to say that -in my recent memory- To the Moon was a game that gave me a lesson, that, not always Graphics are the most important thing.

To the Moon is all about the Story.

http://i.imgur.com/YI4pKjt.png[IMG]

It seems something happened to this kind old man. You are able to travel back in time, from the years of his youth, experiencing his life, growing up. He's dying,There's something about the moon, that is important to someone, and you don't know why.

There's a Lady involved, there's love. You want to know why he wants this so I guess you should grab this while it's 70% so we can find if you, him or someone in the game will ever go...

[I]...To the Moon.[/I]

Or not. I don't know, play it! Took me 4-5 hours to finish it![/QUOTE]

Sounds really good.

MonkeyDot

Banned
You get 25 cents worth of in-store credit for each review you write on their site XD

GreenManGaming, you had my curiosity, but now you've got my attention

rYxKT.gif

sunnz

PLease, everyone get Chivalry, it's so damn fun and entertaining!

Even just spamming the shouts whiling running would give you hours of enjoyment.

oipic

Oh wow, I already finished downloading FTL.

Can't wait to start playing!

Good stuff, I hope you enjoy it. Stick with it long enough for it to 'click' with you, and odds are that you will. :)

I may have another birthday FTL giveaway later on for all who have missed out, but again, if you're even mildly interested, but still on the fence, you really can't go wrong for $2.50. So many discerning GAFfers can't be wrong.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I put up a card from Sleeping Dogs. Lotus. It was averaging around 40 cents, so I priced it as such. I was promptly pushed to the second page by people selling it for pennies cheaper. It was going for 35 cents at this point. I take it off and put it up for a quarter, a whole dime cheaper, coming to 28 cents for the buyer. I check on it seconds later, and there are 4 people who beat my price by a couple pennies.

This is hilarious. I kinda want to do this for all the cards I get now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Getting sleeping dogs but should I get dlc? Not paying $27 lol but the dragon master pack is 4.99. What should I do gaf?

I really don't remember who made this nice guide, but I copied it and pasted on a Google Docs along with my Magicka DLC Guide:

Underline Bolded is part of the “Dragon Masters Pack”

Sleeping Dogs DLC

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):
  • Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
  • Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
  • Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):
  • SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
  • Street Racer Pack (3 races)
  • Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
    [*] Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
    [*] Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
  • Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:
  • Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
  • GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
  • Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
  • Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
  • Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
  • Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:
  • Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
  • Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
  • Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
  • Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
  • Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:
  • High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
  • Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
  • Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
  • The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:
  • Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
  • Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
  • Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
  • High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

I'm missing all of the Cosmetic DLC, and I wanted to pick it up on this sale... but I'll wait until it's 75% off.

Edit: Oh god, Bolded looks horrible on the Black Background...

Prophane33

I put up a card from Sleeping Dogs. Lotus. It was averaging around 40 cents, so I priced it as such. I was promptly pushed to the second page by people selling it for pennies cheaper. It was going for 35 cents at this point. I take it off and put it up for a quarter, a whole dime cheaper, coming to 28 cents for the buyer. I check on it seconds later, and there are 4 people who beat my price by a couple pennies.

I've been doing that all day. It's interesting to see the free market at work.

Sounds really good.

It is, and you should buy it, because its awesome. Also get the soundtrack if you can, cause that has as much feels as the game xD

Sleeping Dog for $6.24... I never had an interest in the game but I might have to take the risk of another game on my backlog :O

The_Monk

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, going to sleep for now.

Remember to check those lost Gems, some good stuff hidden in there such indies (buy To the Moon if you like feelings!).

Everyone, have a great Night, Day, Evening, depending on your day. See you all tomorrow! GAF-Hugs to everyone.

legacyzero

Banned
Jørdan;69988421 said:
You could try asking over in the LoG forum for help if nobody here has any suggestions. It's a great game, I hope you get it fixed.

it gets fixed when I turn rendering quality to low, but shits up the graphics.

dammit.

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, going to sleep for now.

Remember to check those lost Gems, some good stuff, hidden in there such great indies (buy To the Moon if you like feelings!).

Everyone, have a great Night, Day, Evening, depending on your day. See you all tomorrow! GAF-Hugs to everyone.

Nite Nite!

Almighty

Yeah had the similar experience. Oh well I sold enough to get me a copy of FTL(too damn slow to get one of the giveaways) so I think I will wait before I sell anything else to see if the prices rebound.

Salsa

Aight. One of these is a game, the other is a useless Steam beta invite card. You don't know wich is wich, and by ModBot's rules you can only choose one to enter the giveaway. Boosh

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

OR THIS -- MB-85AEED99F1A9997F - Taken by unpurposed
IS IT THIS -- MB-DC38663349762F3D - Taken by Bsigg12

ignore the fact that silly modbot screwed up the order

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reus please. Please?

Here is the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

and my impressions:
It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.

Features:
  • Control four mighty giants, each with their unique abilities
  • Terra-form the planet to your will, experiment with different terrain types
  • A complex system of upgrades and synergies allows for endless styles of play
  • Observe humanity, let your giants praise or punish them
  • Enjoy an interesting art style and a strong soundtrack
  • Enrich the planet with over 100 plants, animals and minerals
  • Unlock new content by helping humanity achieve numerous developments

Its a relatively recent game with lots of detail and shows very obvious that the developers love this game. I'd love to see this 50% off for more people to grab it. Its such a lovely game with a unique structure that it deserves some spotlight.

statham

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Clive Barker Jericho -- MB-785862B5EE76A0E4 - Taken by dave is ok
enjoy!
If I screwed up modbot, pm me.

You get 25 cents worth of in-store credit for each review you write on their site XD

Wait a minute, what? Is there a limit to how many reviews you can write, or do they only allow you to write reviews on games you've purchased from them? Because at $1 every 4 reviews... I'd be spending a few weekends pasting over the few reviews I've done in the past and then writing up pretty much everything they currently sell.

Its a relatively recent game with lots of detail and shows very obvious that the developers love this game. I'd love to see this 50% off for more people to grab it. Its such a lovely game with a unique structure that it deserves some more spotlight.

It is going to be a highlighted daily deal, so it should do pretty well!

Omega

Banned
i feel so sorry for the person that gets Jericho

it's the worst game I've ever played. and I've played some shitty games

DaBoss

Aight. One of these is a game, the other is a useless Steam beta invite card. You don't know wich is wich, and by ModBot's rules you can only choose one to enter the giveaway. Boosh

ignore the fact that silly modbot screwed up the order

So what was the game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom