• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It is going to be a highlighted daily deal, so it should do pretty well!

I hope so, the devs said they consider adding more content depending on how well it does, and I want them to expand on it very badly.

legacyzero

Banned
Jørdan;69988421 said:
You could try asking over in the LoG forum for help if nobody here has any suggestions. It's a great game, I hope you get it fixed.

Actually, you're right, Nvidia Inspector was forcing AA. turning it off fixed it right up.

thanks!

Bsigg12

Aight. One of these is a game, the other is a useless Steam beta invite card. You don't know wich is wich, and by ModBot's rules you can only choose one to enter the giveaway. Boosh

ignore the fact that silly modbot screwed up the order

Wooo! Got Under the Ocean. Thanks Salsa!

I just saw the trailer for To The Moon.... I havent even played the game, and just the trailer and the music made me teary-eyed. Definitely added to my wishlist!

Isaccard

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, going to sleep for now.

Remember to check those lost Gems, some good stuff hidden in there such indies (buy To the Moon if you like feelings!).

Everyone, have a great Night, Day, Evening, depending on your day. See you all tomorrow! GAF-Hugs to everyone.

sthap

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
None of the games I have voted on have won. I actually do want Reus though, soooooooooo maybe I should have voted for something else :(

Corsick

What cards are most in demand? I don't understand the economy behind them at all as I've been focusing 100% on the sales themselves. I have the Dead Island, Skyrim and Tomb Raider cards.

Community choice is proof that democracy doesnt work.

toddhunter_democracyzvk7r.gif

Gets a lot of use every steam sale. Tropico 4 a certainty here.

What cards are most in demand? I don't understand the economy behind them at all as I've been focusing 100% on the sales themselves. I have the Dead Island, Skyrim and Tomb Raider cards.

When a game just gets cards is when you can make the most money off them. Then it's pretty random card for card.

Almighty

Reus please. Please?

Here is the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

and my impressions:
It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.

Features:
  • Control four mighty giants, each with their unique abilities
  • Terra-form the planet to your will, experiment with different terrain types
  • A complex system of upgrades and synergies allows for endless styles of play
  • Observe humanity, let your giants praise or punish them
  • Enjoy an interesting art style and a strong soundtrack
  • Enrich the planet with over 100 plants, animals and minerals
  • Unlock new content by helping humanity achieve numerous developments

Its a relatively recent game with lots of detail and shows very obvious that the developers love this game. I'd love to see this 50% off for more people to grab it. Its such a lovely game with a unique structure that it deserves some spotlight.

Well now I wish I would of seen this earlier as i would of voted for it. The game sounds interesting. Oh well Tropico 4 it is.
So far none of the games I picked won

Type2

Any American able to gift me Sleeping Dogs for payment? :)

PM me.

Phew, its been a while since ive hit up the steam thread. Not buying much since im sinking my teeth into dark souls and busy with work. Just jumped on this whole trading card thing sitting at around $2.50 which is nice I guess.

Volotaire

Well using supply and demand, the games that have just come out with card support initially will have high prices. The cards system entices users to purchase more games for higher rewards. very smart steam.

And also, igames have split cards, some for just playing and some for doing specific things. of course the latter will be more in demand due to limited supply, so higher priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom