• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
is Tropico 4 much of an upgrade over Tropico 3?

grumpy today aren't we.

Anyways, I miss the whole publisher-packs I wonder if they will come back at the end of the sale or someting.

I thought I was going senile at first when I couldn't find the Valve complete pack. It was up at the beginning of the sale too at first... I think D: that's always been my go to crash course in PC gaming for friends.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OK everyone I'm headed to bed and have work in the morning (UGH!)

Oh and this:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sherlock Holmes Nemesis -- MB-B830CC077A8138AA - Taken by Mildudon
Sherlock Holmes The Silver Earring -- MB-075F3408052AA6F5 - Taken by WhatRobEats
Penny Arcade Rain Slick 3 -- MB-6C502DEED3A5CFB0 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-CA7635EA85EC43A2 - Taken by Joonytoon
Sherlock Holmes Mystery of the Mummy -- MB-C55EB4CE393921CE
Sherlock Holmes Mystery of the Persian Carpet -- MB-3C5ECBEEF9B72F10
Sherlock Holmes Awakened -- MB-65333F6739D9C4F1 - Taken by Last Baron
The Maw -- MB-CC47872EA035DC9E - Taken by ShizWhiz
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-0AA479A2DBC6E2B0
Sherlock Holmes Hound of the Baskervilles -- MB-83DE78FA9C45A008 - Taken by Trouble

Look, just to be clear, my dad was a surgeon and he said this is the finest simulator out there. Trust it.

images

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Votes between 2-10 PST are gonna be tough on Saturday/Sunday. I gotta make sure to wake up before 10 to get my vote in!

3phemeral

Dare I double dip on Just Cause 2? Own it on PS3, but never got around to playing it.

For these sorts of things, if it's a good price and the port is good, I always double dip. I just like the idea of having an always-there downloadable version of the game I can play in the future with perhaps a better-spec'd computer. Especially since I'm in a state where I'm going to be moving in a few years anyway. It's always a hassle to keep track of my physical copies so I usually pass them on to my relatives/friends when I no longer want to carry them with me.

KarmaCow

Antichamber is probably on the best purchases I've made in a while. I kinda ignored it for some reason but it worked out because going to into game semi-blind made it very satisfying. It's like the anti-Portal 2. No overt story (or story at all really) and focus on the puzzles that respects the player enough to let them figure it out on their own. Like most good games, progression is marked by the player growing instead of the character in the game (for the most part).

The funny thing is that the only part about the game I really heard about was the "non-Euclidean geometry" and for the most part that isn't a big part of the puzzles. It certainly helps build the atmosphere though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Faction -- MB-2D8FC82F1C4D574A - Taken by chronomac
Titan Quest -- MB-D913048C2A98036B - Taken by ChaoticPotion

Def Jukie

OK. Trying this ModBot out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Machinarium -- MB-235FF5DC624611D5 - Taken by super-famicom
Legend Of Grimrock -- MB-2F8A77BBD2176E9B - Taken by JoduanER2
Metro 2033 -- MB-2D4A6F031D870888 - Taken by 3pheMeraLmiX
Darksiders -- MB-98D3D3B1158B73EC - Taken by KMD
Sonic CD -- MB-91B2D7477F22D964 - Taken by monsterfracas
Darksiders II -- MB-717E1920BC769F29 - Taken by yoshizzle - Taken by Yondy604

Smash88

Banned
Voted Reus for you

Is "you" towards all of GAF or a specific person that only you know?

Also thanks to everyone voting for Reus - Even though there are probably over a million votes and it won't matter D:

Somehow I have a feeling Tropico will win even though it has had over 100 sales in 2 months.

Yondy604

Banned
Thank you so much for darksiders 2, You are a GOD.

Makes up for me missing out on bioshock XD

it's time for me to share, First person to PM me will get a Mystery game tomorrow (remind me) lol

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Super Hexagon -- MB-FD91909231B6FB36 - Taken by Onionkid

Steam Gift, not code.

Also Someone go here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69738406&postcount=6809

and claim my Avadon: The Black fortress from yesterday, no one claimed it yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom