• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is what finally made me install ES. You are just too good.

I'm working on a market "watchlist" as well as a section that will add up your buying/selling and tally it into a total of how much money you've earned or lost playing the markets. Lots of marketplace stuff coming up but none of it will be done until after the Summer Sale

Mostly because I'll be hanging out here the whole time

Branson

Okay last post: Grimrock looked cool in the Steam page screenshots. You can't move freely in that game, right? It's all grid based?

Also how does combat work? Turn based? Real time?

I just watched the video and it looked grid based and stuff. I havent played it yet. Im downloading it now.

Well, I finally did it.

I almost doubled my game list by registering all the steam codes I got from humble bundles that I had been playing DRM free before.

Feels good to have them all in once place, even though they're redownloadable from the humble store... I'm not sure how steam does it, but they do..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, so to craft badges you need all of the cards? I thought it was just four.

And you have to pray that you get a random booster pack every day? Yikes. :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeap not in my inventory anymore and in my transaction history in the market it shows them as being sold.

Have you bought something since then? Steam will automatically take the funds from your wallet balance first then your registered payment method if there isn't enough in your wallet to cover the total.

Salsa

is doom 3 BFG edition still kinda the inferior version?

I think i'd get it on sale, havent played Doom 3 since release and I love it

I remember most all of the mods didn't work with it, but I don't know if they've since changed that. I seem to recall it sounding like a pretty daunting task. If you're cool with Vanilla I think you'd be fine.

I'm working on a market "watchlist" as well as a section that will add up your buying/selling and tally it into a total of how much money you've earned or lost playing the markets. Lots of marketplace stuff coming up but none of it will be done until after the Summer Sale

Mostly because I'll be hanging out here the whole time

Looks like the market price option isn't working for me.
Any idea why? I checked it in the options.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I wonder as well. And how are the the doom/2 versions included in this compared to buying the original?

Salsa

Have you bought something since then? Steam will automatically take the funds from your wallet balance first then your registered payment method if there isn't enough in your wallet to cover the total.

you should put a changelog in the front page you get when you go into the extention's preferences. at first I didnt know it did like 3 of the things it did

SHarris78

Only £10.oo in damage so far, on Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops:The Line (think I got that from GMG though).

Sometime before the sale ends I WILL be buying Euro Truck Simulator 2.

jshackles

Looks like the makret price option isn't working for me.
Any idea why? I checked it in the options.

It can be weird sometimes - Valve does this really bizarre even/odd thing with it. For best results, make sure you don't have the green banner with new stuff.

Sometimes it requires refreshing and trying again. You'll know it's working if Enhanced Steam adds a gap just below the button.

I think I labeled this as "Experimental" in the options for this very reason. YMMV.

jshackles

you should put a changelog in the front page you get when you go into the extention's preferences. at first I didnt know it did like 3 of the things it did

Well it's not on the front page, but it's in the tab labeled "News".

Are there any downsides to waiting until the last day and choosing from the best of the deals throughout the sale when they put them all back up together (I think they do this, but may be wrong)?

Anustart

So I just attempted the damn uber heart transplant and failed because I spent 20 minutes trying to get the fridge open. In videos guys just brush their hand on the door, but not me, that thing was locked tight.

Anyone know whats up?

Martian

Are there any downsides to waiting until the last day and choosing from the best of the deals throughout the sale when they put them all back up together (I think they do this, but may be wrong)?

They only put up the best sales.
Best thing to do is buy on the daily/flash, and everything else on the last day

So I just attempted the damn uber heart transplant and failed because I spent 20 minutes trying to get the fridge open. In videos guys just brush their hand on the door, but not me, that thing was locked tight.

Anyone know whats up?
You're not cut out to be a surgeon.
Go home and be a family man.

Last day just has a recap of the 10 best dailies (if it is like the last sales).
If there's something you want on daily/flash, better get it now.

My load so far:

Costume Quest
Psychonauts
Super Meat Boy
The Last Remnant

I've played and beat both Costume Quest and Super Meat Boy, but at around three dollars a game I couldn't stop myself from picking them up again. Never had the chance to play Psychonauts, so I'm eager to jump right into that one. As for The Last Remnant? Well, it was cheap and I've heard the PC version is superior to the consoles, and at that price I couldn't say no.

The sad part of this entire thing is that Shin Megami Tensei 4 comes out Tuesday, so I won't be playing any of them once I get that game in my hands. Looking forward to the rest of the sale so I can build up my catalog.

jshackles

that extra step means half the people wont see it mayne

if you can put it as a first thing you see when you go there, i would

Good point. I'm planning on changing the options page up a bit anyway for the 4.0 release. There will be a "general" options page for things like language selection and stuff that has to do with all aspects of Steam (like "Hide Install Steam button in Header", etc)

And a more logical grouping of store and community options.

Salsa

they only put a limited amount, sort of a "best of"

9 or 10. They put them in the usual daily spots

Seriously? that's dumb.

not it aint. If not you'd be able to create 1000 alt accounts and get free money

Def Jukie

So... Surgeon Simulator, do I need this? I can't tell if it's worth getting or not. I feel like if I hadn't seen any videos I would be more into picking it up. The utter ridiculousness of it has been spoiled a bit.

Atruvius

Anyone know whats up?

Yeah, it's real finicky. Hold you hand side ways, palm facing you fingers to the handle. And try to get the hand behind it and pull towards yourself. It was really hard but I got it open that way.

Salsa

So... Surgeon Simulator, do I need this?

heeeeeeeeeells yeah you do

iop1dfWWhujNx.gif

Anustart

So... Surgeon Simulator, do I need this? I can't tell if it's worth getting or not. I feel like if I hadn't seen any videos I would be more into picking it up. The utter ridiculousness of it has been spoiled a bit.

The ridiculousness of it hasn't been spoiled. It happens when youre screaming JUST PICK UP THE DAMN SCALPEL!!!! When it really starts to shine :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw #2 -- MB-F946A05C4B521037 - Taken by Boss Doggie
The Maw #1 -- MB-88358961F8F665AD - Taken by Cth
have fun!

if you haven't added me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/evaz18/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom