• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

It was the first Thanksgiving sale ever. I made it spur of the moment so we could have a thread for it. Not to mention I had a lack of sleep for that whole week, because I had to get up and set every new daily deal. Not to mention I SHOW RESPECT TO ALL COUNTRIES (see all the currencies) - Yeah I had to manually go and look at different steam sites to collect the amounts.

#hardwork #umad #dealwithit #wtfamidoing?

well joke's on me for the amount of attention the OP's given anyway

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
most of us have already used modbot since the beta started

Is there a way I can remove the NOWINNERS thing? 'cause I totally would.

So... Surgeon Simulator, do I need this? I can't tell if it's worth getting or not. I feel like if I hadn't seen any videos I would be more into picking it up. The utter ridiculousness of it has been spoiled a bit.
I just spent the last 2 or 3 hours with a friend of mine doing some missions. Kidney Transplants are fucking hard.

So worth the amusement.

Yondy604

Banned
With all the success steam has with these sales, why in the world do other companys not try to copy this?.

If somebody said Buy FFXIII for 3$ I would do it, FFXIII-2 For 9$? I would buy it. God of war 3 for 2$ again I would do it.

Sony microsoft nintendo should copy this brilliant idea.

With all the success steam has with these sales, why in the world do other companys not try to copy this?.

If somebody said Buy FFXIII for 3$ I would do it, FFXIII-2 For 9$? I would buy it. God of war 3 for 2$ again I would do it.

Microsoft already did it in their summer sale

This is the beauty of digital distribution.
Can't really do deals like that with packaging and retail involved.

Smash88

Banned
first page on your thread post #71:

did it hurt

If I remember correctly. He was saying that BECAUSE YOU WERE BANNED... AGAIN.

He was not referencing my thread making ability. Those thread were usually made by you, so he was reminded by it.

#staydelusional #getDUNKED

It's not like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft don't have digital stores, they won't do it just because of greedyness.

In Nintendo's defense, I don't think they know they have a store or how to use it.

He was not referencing my thread making ability. Those thread were usually made by you, so he was reminded by it.

I want Oreos now.

Salsa

yeah well im better looking

Caerith

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft don't need to do deep discounts-- their only competition is each other.

Steam does need to do deep discounts-- its main competitor is Pirate Bay.

Speevy

Banned
tumblr_lsgwfgreft1qh2tf9o1_500.gif

Hail modbot.

They're still tied to retail and can't discount that much because of it. Blame GameStop.

Gamestop is not stopping them, their antiquated ideas related to videogame ownership and pricing are. In fact gamestop could not stop anyone from doing anything, I totally fart everytime I'm in one of their stores and look at the guy behind the desk like what are you going to do about it, you can't stop me.

Cth

Yeah, no problem.. there's plenty of generosity during these sales.

ModBot is helping with that even more this year.

Some people are just really generous. Check out the Hall of Fame/Shame list posted earlier in the thread.

It sucks not being the receipient, but sometimes you get lucky. There's a whole lot more days left. Update your wishlists and keep trying :D

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If I recall correctly it is locked at 30fps but there is a 60fps fix floating around. May have some problems with certain textures not showing up (again I think it is fixable).

Ah, thanks. Can't decide whether to get that and Fez. Both cheap, but I own both on consoles. Not that I use my PS2 much and the 360's going to be going away eventually. Hmm.

Cth

Quick question.. does Amazon sell digital steam codes?

I forgot I have a website that I can earn amazon coupons with.

I don't get it. :(

Another giveaway. Hotline Miami goes to the winner. Answer all 5 to win.

All serial killer/crime related.
1. This organized crime syndicate calls themself "Our Thing."
2. Nobody expected this nice guy next door, who dressed like a clown for kids, to be a serial killer.
3. This man is famous for killing his rivals on February 14th.
4. This South American cocaine trafficker has served consecutive prison sentences in 3 different countries since 1992.
5. This former US Marine killed 17 people from a clock tower on the campus of the University of Texas Austin.

1. NeoGAF
2. JaseC
3. timedog
4. SalsaShark
5. javadots

=p

Addnan

Yesterday I was talking about buying Civ4, today I have a copy in my inventory. Does valve read our steam chats and send us games...

Any idea where it came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom