• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

holy FUUUUUUUUUUU AntiChamber is god-like.....never seen some of these puzzles before....damn, just damn

I dont think a videogame puzzle has stumped me since silent hill....this is good...very good

Yesterday I was talking about buying Civ4, today I have a copy in my inventory. Does valve read our steam chats and send us games...

Any idea where it came from?

Civ 5 new expansion was discounted by mistake. They gifted civ 4 to stop people who paid full price being pissed.

Yesterday I was talking about buying Civ4, today I have a copy in my inventory. Does valve read our steam chats and send us games...

Any idea where it came from?

Did you buy the latest pack before the sale? There was a post buried in the thread where they gave out CIV 4 to everyone who bought it at full price before the sale as it was apparently a mistake to discount it so soon. I imagine there was a riot on the official forums or something!

USE A MACHINE GUN!

I was trying to add some challenge by going pistol only for the last mission :D I did it though.

Beat the game in less than 2 and a half hours, jesus that was such a boring, trite game. There was no sense of cohesion to the level progression, and that last level had nothing amazing or conclusive about it. The profanity also gets boring, and in the last couple levels Mickey stops quiping as much, it's weird.

Still, got it for free. Even this end song isn't as funny as I thought it would be :/

Thanks for watching those who did <3

KarmaCow

holy FUUUUUUUUUUU AntiChamber is god-like.....never seen some of these puzzles before....damn, just damn

I dont think a videogame puzzle has stumped me since silent hill....this is good...very good

Seriously, I don't see how any other game I might buy topping it for this Steam sale. One of the best puzzle games I've ever played.

Can I get some feedback on Scribblenauts Unlimited please? Is it worth buying? I think I remember playing the original title on the DS. I'm super keen for Scribblenauts Unmasked but I'm not sure if this will be different enough from the upcoming title that it won't feel like I'm retreading ground.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I was trying to add some challenge by going pistol only for the last mission :D I did it though.

Beat the game in less than 2 and a half hours, jesus that was such a boring, trite game. There was no sense of cohesion to the level progression, and that last level had nothing amazing or conclusive about it. The profanity also gets boring, and in the last couple levels Mickey stops quiping as much, it's weird.

Still, got it for free. Even this end song isn't as funny as I thought it would be :/

Thanks for watching those who did <3

Yeah, game seemed lame.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Here is my list of cheapo games I am eyeballing. Some are going to be 75% off the whole sale, others may get dailies.

Puzzle:
Magical Drop V
Magnetis
Yosumin
4 Elements
Droplitz
Gyromancer
Legend of Fae

Arcade Shooters:
Scoregasm
Ion Assault
Satazius
Waves

Other:
Flock!
Bionic Commando
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Star Wars Starfighter
Ghost Master

Collections:
The Oddboxx
Luxor Collection
Jagged Alliance Collector's Bundle
Ticket to Ride Complete
X3 Terran War Pack

...must be self-controlled when I get paid and not get nickel & dimed...

Onionkid

Seriously, I don't see how any other game I might buy topping it for this Steam sale. One of the best puzzle games I've ever played.

Aaaaand ya'll just convinced me to buy it, thanks!

Yusaku

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV -- MB-6E2CB45B06DA81BA - Taken by SalsaShark

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC lets try this again I REPEAT THIS IS DLC -- MB-4D34CE593B256B15 - Taken by wetflame

Neki

Can I get some feedback on Scribblenauts Unlimited please? Is it worth buying? I think I remember playing the original title on the DS. I'm super keen for Scribblenauts Unmasked but I'm not sure if this will be different enough from the upcoming title that it won't feel like I'm retreading ground.

Me and my girlfriend played the first like, 10 levels. It's just basically typing in words to solve puzzles. Basically, it's as fun as you can make it. Me and my girlfriend had fun thinking of creative ways to solve problems, like instead of making someone blind to sneak past them, shoot them with a sleep dart or distract them with a monster.

Salsa

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Civilization IV -- MB-6E2CB45B06DA81BA - Taken by SalsaShark

thanks yusaku. Figured almost everyone here had it (waited a bit) and civ III > civ IV > civ V for me yet I never got a copy of IV for myself

edit: oh god the ballmer avy

Me and my girlfriend played the first like, 10 levels. It's just basically typing in words to solve puzzles. Basically, it's as fun as you can make it. Me and my girlfriend had fun thinking of creative ways to solve problems, like instead of making someone blind to sneak past them, shoot them with a sleep dart or distract them with a monster.

Thanks. Is there much content in the way of a campaign?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Having some trouble getting Rock of Ages to work with a controller, the controller works perfectly in the menus, but not in the game.

Dyad is great. Right up my alley. But it suffers the same fate as all those tempest-like games.. when it gets hectic its really frustrating and hard to see what you're doing. World-Class UI design though. Totally thought "hey this sounds like Proteus" and then looked up the credits and Dave Kanega did the music it seems.

Kairo really excites me. I can't wait to actually play it for a good while. Very very cool game.

Super Dead Ninja House is very fun and fluid. Those Adult Swim guys know to make a 2D platformer feel good.

Still have yet to try out my other games. But so far I'm pretty happy with what I've purchased.

Raytow

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

CIV IV -- MB-759D2159B05A27E6 - Taken by TheD
Enjoy fellas.

Rogue Warrior made me want a new Soldier of Fortune for whatever reason. Shame Payback was so bland. Hell, even its gore was subpar in comparison to 2.

Smash88

Banned
Does is still have always online DRM?

I think Ubisoft removed that from their games. You might be forced to install UPlay now instead, but I haven't played in a long time.

And also wait for the daily deal, it might go lower, it has in previous sales.

Salsa

Super Dead Ninja House is very fun and fluid. Those Adult Swim guys know to make a 2D platformer feel good.

im pretty sure adult swim just grabs cool indie devs and publishes their games

they certainly go for a style tho and so far they've been great

Arment

Catching up after work...this ModBot stuff is amazing.

I purchased Altitude earlier, couldn't pass up some weird/awesome 2d plane shooter for $2.50

Neki

Thanks. Is there much content in the way of a campaign?

Well I never played the original Scribblenauts, but basically, every person you help gives you a piece of a star, and completed stars give you more access to new locales. Basically, you spend most of the game helping people with their tasks, and you unlock new characters along the way. I don't know if it's really a campaign, rather, a set of like, 100 tasks for you to perform in a non-linear way. So basically, help people > collect pieces > collect stars > unlock new characters and levels > do it again. If that's a campaign to you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can you play it in nearest-neighbor? The blurry interpolation filter it normally has looks like shit to me.

Yusaku

thanks yusaku. Figured almost everyone here had it (waited a bit) and civ III > civ IV > civ V for me yet I never got a copy of IV for myself

edit: oh god the ballmer avy

5kVEUKR.jpg

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Paying it forward, not a key but a gift :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Bully Scholarship Edition -- MB-0B65AD524149460A - Taken by jtb

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
im pretty sure adult swim just grabs cool indie devs and publishes their games

they certainly go for a style tho and so far they've been great

Oh. Makes sense. I didn't even know they had a part of until I quit out and saw them in the menu. I just mentioned that because Super Puzzlin' Platformin' Deluxe is also fucking amazingly fluid and perfect feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom