• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

Any chances that Trials Gold Edition will get a bigger price cut than the 35% it is now at? Is 50% a possibility? Even 75%?

Dunno if I actually want to bite on the Ys games. I really want them but I have such a big back log right now who knows if i'm going to get to them before the winter sale.

I enjoyed Absolution, unlike some I think as a Stealth game it's actually really enjoyable and has far more options than most(mostly stemming from the Hitman ties it should have embraced)

Just a shame there are so few assassinations and the littles are so frequently small and broken into tiny chunks. Can only imagine it was done due to the new engine they were using because man it is gorgeous. If nothing else it is a technical showpiece.

Plus it's a bit long with some really poor stages. Dexter Laboratories is ugggggh. Gun Shop is one of the most hilariously weird levels ever put into a game though so it gets bonus points.

Hopefully the next game is a return to the Blood Money esqe gameplay and level design. The ending certainly implies a return to form so I'm hopefully. Just a shame Kane and Lynch 3 had to be cancelled :/

Xater

I have ben looking through Indie games to possibly add to my wishlist and Expeditions: Conquistador caught my eye. A strategy RPG in that setting seems really cool to me. Has anyone here played it?

bootski

I may have exaggerated a bit. Not disgusted, just sad it didn't get picked is all. :)

aight i hear ya. im sure itll come up. now that we talked about it, i did go watch a couple gameplay vids and it certainly looks interesting. if the price is right...

edit: thought i should add my progress in this sale; so far only FTL for 2.50. i either have all the ones i want so far or they won't run on my laptop or both. unfortunately, i won't be back to my desktop for maybe a year. time to pony up and get a gaming laptop i guess. maybe in time for the winter sale.

Tomodachi

Oh jesus there was an error price on Tropic, I tried to buy but on the last screen the price was corrected, I didn't notice and went on with the purchase :O

I sent an email to support asking for a refund or at least for the original price, I should expect an answer in a month or so right?

Mupod

I was gonna give away a game to someone who guessed where my avatar came from but it seems like that'd be asking too much for a game everyone already has. So here goes:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization V -- MB-659C739D867BE1B1 - Taken by Falifax

Salsa

no its a remake of the original 2 games, oath was ys....7 i believe ..origins was original

no that's seven! :p

ys_seven_leboxart_160w.jpg

wish it was on PC. was good on PSP

Teknoman

Did the store glitch out for anyone else at checkout? Trying to get Batman Arkham City before I go to sleep, but the damn checkout menu keeps asking about bank codes, and tell me to add funds via steam wallet. I just got chivalry earlier...so I dunno if its the load that is messing with the client or what.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
strong hints at the game dropping GFWL altogether soon

Grief's supposition that (some) developers are beginning to remove GFWL from their games rests on Bio2's MP build seeing a fair bit of tweaking, but it's entirely possible that this is just the result of the MP Steamworks achievements being worked into the game; basically, there is nothing even remotely conclusively suggesting that GFWL is being removed from Bio2 or Arkham City.

Salsa

Grief's supposition that (some) developers are beginning to remove GFWL from their games rests on Bio2's MP build seeing a fair bit of tweaking, but it's entirely possible that this is just the result of the MP Steamworks achievements being worked into the game; basically, there is nothing even remotely conclusive that GFWL is being removed from Bio2 or Arkham City.

oh sorry I just woke up thanks for catching me up with the happenings did I miss anything else?

AxeMan

So can someone explain these cards to me?

If I keep them and get a set I can craft stuff right? Like backgrounds etc?

or I can sell them for steam cash?

Is there any reason I wouldn't sell them?

Blizzard

Banned
Good guy Steam, community votes for Tropico 4 75% off, Steam puts it at 80% off. Got it all AND got all the DLC for a friend who wanted it. It was cheaper to buy the game + DLC than buy all the DLC by itself. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh sorry I just woke up thanks for catching me up with the happenings did I miss anything else?

:badumtish:

Stupid question probably: can you 'deactivate' games on your profile to give them away? Or is the key gone once it's been redeemed?

The latter. You can request that Steam Support remove games from your account, but you won't receive a refund or the relevant key.

chugen

wooo

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-EC741522D8D14BB7 - Taken by ChaoticPotion
FTL -- MB-F32F0EDA4E307035 - Taken by Saty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom