• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

Ugghh this Don't Starve price is killing me. I want it. But I want it for cheaper. But it wont go cheaper than that now, right? Oh god to much pressure.

sprinkles

Some good things on my wishlist already with great discounts:
  • Dyad -75%
  • Fly'n -75%
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav -75%
  • Magical Diary -65%

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait how do you see what games have cards? I have both skyrim and chivalry, no cards for me though

There's a STC filter on the store or you can visit the badge section of your profile to see which of the games you own support cards.

nictron

• Bioshock Infinite is currently $30 on the Steam sale, as its top deal. Get it on Green Man Gaming for $24 using promo code GMG20-F202F-UI40F

Acorn

More cards for everybody! (Source: Trading Card Group)

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:

Bioshock Infinite
Hotline Miami
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Defiance
Toki Tori 2
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Bastion
Cities XL Platinum

Will play more ETS2 later...
Ha, I just uninstalled a bunch of these. Typical.

Scrum

This explains why I wasnt able to open steamstore :)

Anyhow....My wallet will kill me before the week is over >.<

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So, in the end the cards are just free money?
I'm okay with that.

Games I have purchased entirely via card sales:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Civilization V: Gods and Kings
Dead Island GOTY
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed plus DLC

then I added a couple bucks from TF2 items and got Sonic Generations

I. Love. Cards.

So those cards listed for the Summer Site seer badge, wondering if those are going to be the daily deals for each day?

Yes, I think it is likely those will be the headline deal of the day (the way we see Bioshock Infinite today). If it's the same thing tomorrow, I would say it's almost guaranteed.

Some good things on my wishlist already with great discounts:
  • Dyad -75%
  • Fly'n -75%
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav -75%
  • Magical Diary -65%

Yep... I'm digging in the "Under $5" and "Under $10" buckets and really, this sale seems as good or better than any of the past year's.

traveler

Not Wario
Is it like Portal?

It is like Portal in the sense that it is a first person puzzle game but that's about it. It's its own beast. Drops you into the world with no explanations and then leaves you to explore its Metroidvania esque structure with only your own understanding as a tool initially. While you will unlock a couple of "power ups", so to speak, your progress will mainly be determined by your ability to grasp the way the various mechanics in the game work as you proceed through.

It's might be the most masterfully done example of teaching the player without ever explicitly saying or demonstrating anything in gaming. It's also my second favorite title this year behind The Last of Us. Truly great.

Baleoce

ioH5KA6u9AIX0.png

I don't think I can be bothered with badges. I used to participate in them all the time when it was for more community driven participation. But I'm not a fan of this. As for today I'll probably pick up Dishonored for £5.10 when it goes on sale.

yami4ct

Ugghh this Don't Starve price is killing me. I want it. But I want it for cheaper. But it wont go cheaper than that now, right? Oh god to much pressure.

Probably won't go cheaper until the next major sale a long long time from now. The couple bucks difference will probably be worth the enjoyment you get from it in that time. Go ahead and grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom