• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't get how Modbot distributes free keys, or what this thread title code thingy is supposed to mean/be. Explanation pls.

MikeDown

Banned
Can anyone confirm From Dust working on AMD Radeon HD 7000 series card? Store description doesn't mention much and is sorta generic.

Turfster

Almost had a heart attack when trying to sell a card it told me I wasn't allowed to use the market.
Turns out my card was still on the market. Guess they didn't stress-test the market quite heavily enough.

Bisonian

Did anyone else notice hey took down "Mars" off the daily sale and replaced it with "Antichamber"? I wonder what's going on there, I thought I was going crazy.

How to give something away:

- Send a PM to the user ModBot
- Title must include the word register (capitalization doesn't matter, rest of the title doesn't matter)
- Body format is flexible but should basically look like something like this:
Game Name 1 - KEY1-KEY2-KEY3
Game Name 2: AAAA-BBBB-CCCC
Game Name 3 | DDDD-EEEE-FFFF
Game Name 4 GGGG-HHHH-IIII
JJJJ-KKKK-LLLL

MODBOT ALSO WORKS WITH GIFTS THAT ARE NOT KEYS

What this means is that you can send yourself a steam gift through email, and send modbot the GIFT'S URL. Thus you can use it (and it is encouraged) to make giveaways in this very thread during the sales.

Just so I get this right, the format would be:

GAME NAME: http://storefront.steampowered.com/blahblahblah

Also, how are these ModBot gifts given out?

Jarnet87

Lets go Steam, fix your shit so I can buy Hotline Miami for $2.49

Do you think we will see Max Payne get a sale price? I'd expect they'd match the Amazon 9.99 deal, would rather grab it directly from Steam if I can though.

koolaroo

Why are people so dumb? The price for a card I was sell was 7ish dollars and for some reason now everyone is undercutting me to sell it for 2 dollars. All they had to do what undercut for for a few cents but apparently they don't like money.

HoosTrax

I'm trying to remember if Splashtop works across the Internet or only on LAN -- I have a license for it for playing PC games on my tablet when I'm on the toilet, but it'd be nice to be able to log in to start up games to idle when I'm at work.

Terra_Ex

Oh, awesome. Steam fucked up in the middle of my purchase and didn't give me my game but still took my fucking money. What do I do about this?
When it happened to me in the past, trying to buy it again usually reminds steam you own it and adds it to your library.

yami4ct

People are paying insane prices for cards and neither of mine show up in the list. Why Gaben?

Are they? Any way to check what the cards are actually going for. All I see in the recent sales is cards going for like $2 a piece. Newly listed shows people asking for ludicrous prices though. Can't fault them for trying.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I know the version of Skyrim on sale is the original and not the recently released one w/ the DLC, but is there anything other than the DLC that the newer version has that's worth paying extra for, or am I good w/ Skyrim vanilla as I don't really care about DLC?

No publisher packs ;-;

Don't buy Defiance, it's awful and boring and ugly, etc. You might get a few hours of fun at 13 dollars but why settle when some great stuff is on sale.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Really wish GameMaker Studio was discounted. :< I was going to buy it immediately if it was.

I guess it could pop up in a flash deal or something. I'll just have to keep watching.

kaskade

So you don't have to buy the game from steam to get the cards? I bought Alan Wake from the humble bundle and it seems to work. It just needs to be redeemed, right?

maty

I can help at least 5 people get Bioshock Infinite for $25 (need to cover paypal fees) from the South American store. Send me a PM if interested.

Chris R

Is Super Sanctum TD on iOS/Android? It looks like a bunch of fun but I'd rather play it on the go on my phone/tablet than on my computer sitting at my desk :(

73V3N

Banned
Why are people so dumb? The price for a card I was sell was 7ish dollars and for some reason now everyone is undercutting me to sell it for 2 dollars. All they had to do what undercut for for a few cents but apparently they don't like money.

There is a biiiiig delay in the market, those being listed just now for 2 dollars were probably listed some minutes ago when everything was going for that price.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Shoot, I just got on to get the Civ 5 expansion, now I've got to wait and see if it goes on sale... might not bother.

As bad as I know it is, I want it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom