• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Guys, I decided to do an experiment for the next few days and switched to Firefox from Chrome... First thing I did after installing was open the Sunhilegend appreciation thread... It's SOOOO smooth.

I've been loyal to Firefox for like 8 years or something. I can't live without my add ons

Just finished the Call of Juarez: Gunslinger demo. Pretty damn awesome. Anybody here finish the game and can say how long it is? Is it strictly linear or are there at least towns?

I dumped some cards on the market, and got an interesting localization glitch.
29QTR9e.png

EDIT: referring to use of comma va period, not the currency.

It's probably not a glitch, some currencies use commas.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's funny that you say that. The addons are the only thing I don't like with firefox.

I explained it in the Firefox thread
... It's not game breaking by any means but it's dissapointing compared to the addons I've been using in Chrome.

Well speaking from personal experience
since I wrote it
Enhanced Steam works much better in Chrome than in Firefox.

lmpaler

Don't Starve is such an amazing little thing. First time, 5 days, Second time, 10. Damn tree just stood up and whacked me in the face lol. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somehow that one passed me by :p

Trying to differentiate them in the Enhanced Steam dropdown. Guess I'm just going to have to name them myself.

"Sheep"
"Parking Lot"
"Tractor"
"Red Tractor"

lol

Funniest thing is that despite them all being different (and presumably worth different amounts being that some are uncommon or rare) the idiots in the market carry on undercutting each other since they're all listed on the same page.

Question about cards: can I get all the cards from a game?, or I'm forced to trade for the remaining cards?, because some games say there are no more attainable cards, and I only have 3/5 or 4/8.

73V3N

Banned
Question about cards, can I get all the cards from a game, or I'm forced to trade for the remaining cards, because some games say there are no more attainable cards, and I only have 3/5 or 4/8.

They only drop half of the whole set, so yes, you need to trade/buy the rest of them.

jshackles

Question about cards, can I get all the cards from a game, or I'm forced to trade for the remaining cards, because some games say there are no more attainable cards, and I only have 3/5 or 4/8.

Either trade or purchase on the market. The later of which is what Valve really wants you to do.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Question about cards, can I get all the cards from a game?, or I'm forced to trade for the remaining cards?, because some games say there are no more attainable cards, and I only have 3/5 or 4/8.
I believe 4 is the max you can get by playing. After that you either have to trade, buy or wait for a booster pack.
Well you guys have got me 2-1. But I have yet to see a game show up in my badges list until I install the game. Sure it's there after the game has been installed and still there after a game is uninstalled. But I havent seen any game with freshly added badges, like today with The Witcher 2, show up in my badges list until I installed it.
I haven't installed Witcher 2 and it shows up for me. 3-1

They only drop half of the whole set, so yes, you need to trade/buy the rest of them.

You have to trade or buy the rest.

Either trade or purchase on the market. The later of which is what Valve really wants you to do.

I believe 4 is the max you can get by playing. After that you either have to trade, buy or wait for a booster pack.

Thanks, what a scam, I refuse to buy cards, later I'll take a look at the card trading thread.

Xyber

Well you guys have got me 2-1. But I have yet to see a game show up in my badges list until I install the game. Sure it's there after the game has been installed and still there after a game is uninstalled. But I havent seen any game with freshly added badges, like today with The Witcher 2, show up in my badges list until I installed it.

I found out Civ V had it by looking there and it wasn't installed for me. Same with a bunch of other games that was added recently.

Acorn

I haven't installed Witcher 2 and it shows up for me. 3-1

Nah its whatever the dev/valve sets it at. Either half of the amount of cards or slightly over half.

McPixel has 13 cards with 7 obtainable iirc.

Sysgen

My question about cards is that there are cards in my inventory that are on my badges screen so if I sell a card in my inventory does it disappear from my badges screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom