• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought Kinect Void today, idled it, got a foil and sold it for more than the game cost. Today was a good day.

ice-cube-it-was-a-good-day-dvdrip.jpg

Tak3n

Banned
All these community choices have gone the complete opposite of what I thought.... Which leads to me to beleive I have no idea about people, which in turn means I should become a politician.

Simples.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn it, looks like I'm going to have to skip this sale completely. I'm outside the country on vacation and the Steam app defaults to the country's currency, which means that I can't make any purchases. I've been waiting for the Witcher to hit $5 for a while, guess I'll just have to wait until the winter sale. Steam needs a better system for making purchases while outside the country.

For future reference, if you contact Support and say that you're travelling outside of your home country and would like to make purchases abroad, the geo-IP restriction will be lifted from your account, so you'll be able to make purchases by visiting your usual Steam store, which you can do by affixing ?cc=xx (where xx is your desired country code) to the URL.

Acorn

Beginning of Leon's campaign?

Things change.

Yup. Things get bad reaaaaaaaaaallllll quick.

RE6 is one of the only games I didn't complete after buying it for full price on release (on 360).

I got around half the way through and in the words of popeye "Thats all I can stands, and I can't stands no more".

Ejected that fucker and tossed it across the room. Fuck that game.

TheBear

So.. I was kind of digging on Nazi Zombie Army, but their isn't much opportunity to snipe dudes. Fucking zombies pop up three feet in front of you, which kind of a strange design choice for a game that is centred around sniping. Also, the FPS chugs like a bitch when I ADS, what's the issue there?
Is normal V2 or GW2 better for a straight up sniper experience?

rrs

I dumped some cards on the market, and got an interesting localization glitch.
29QTR9e.png

EDIT: referring to use of comma va period, not the currency.

An-Det

Question on the Tomb Raider dlc. Some of them (like the "Pistol Silencer") are listed as "single player upgrade". Are these things that are dlc-only or are they unlockable through normal progression and the dlc just skips that progression?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
29QTR9e.png

It's not a glitch: The price paid for your Market Sales is always on the buyer's currency.

If I bought something from you on the Steam Market, it would be in BRL (Brazilian Reais).

I still don't know what Py is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
29QTR9e.png

Your market history is always recorded in the buyer's currency. Kind of annoying actually especially if you want to tally everything up.

rrs

Question on the Tomb Raider dlc. Some of them (like the "Pistol Silencer") are listed as "single player upgrade". Are these things that are dlc-only or are they unlockable through normal progression and the dlc just skips that progression?

They seem to be get ahead upgrades, avoid at all costs.

Desi

Thinking about buying Mars. Should I or just wait for winter? Really enjoyed Rise of the Argonauts if that helps.

Acorn

So.. I was kind of digging on Nazi Zombie Army, but their isn't much opportunity to snipe dudes. Fucking zombies pop up three feet in front of you, which kind of a strange design choice for a game that is centred around sniping. Also, the FPS chugs like a bitch when I ADS, what's the issue there?
Is normal V2 or GW2 better for a straight up sniper experience?

V2. I've only played 2 hours of GW2 thus far but to me V2 is far superior.

I love WW2 shit though so...

def sim

Yup. Things get bad reaaaaaaaaaallllll quick.

RE6 is one of the only games I didn't complete after buying it for full price on release (on 360).

I got around half the way through and in the words of popeye "Thats all I can stands, and I can't stands no more".

Ejected that fucker and tossed it across the room. Fuck that game.

Yeah, the tone changes from a scripted, suspense setpiece to the more action oriented game we've seen in RE5. Depending on how much you liked mercenaries mode, RE6 can quickly turn into a less than stellar "horror" game.

Anustart

Really want to play witcher 2 but boy does it chug on my laptop.

Guess I'll stick with surgeon sin, ftl, Isaac and hotline for now.

jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom