• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
My question about cards is that there are cards in my inventory that are on my badges screen so if I sell a card in my inventory does it disappear from my badges screen?
Yep. Badges screen shows your progress; if the card is gone it will remove a card from your progress.

Edit: Second time I've been beaten by three people. I'm going to bed.

ZenaxPure

Hmm, I should get System Shock 2 right? If it gets the community vote I can buy it with the money I got from selling cards.

Probably. I think it's going to get cards as well (based on this thread anyway) so after you sell all the cards the game will probably only cost you about $2.40.

Stoze

I'm new to the whole card/badges thing, but from what I've read, you use the cards to craft badges, and then the badges can to level up your profile...which unlocks things like avatars and friends list slots ? If that's the case, then I'm just going to sell all the cards I get.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Must be a bug then. Until 2 days ago I tried to use the badges page to find out when the new ones were coming out and every time its been empty only for me to go here http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?showcase-filter-all and find a game I have listed. I just gave up 2 days ago and used that link instead because I kept missing the releases by hours and being late to the market with cards.,

You can also use this link:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=&category1=998&category2=29&advanced=0

With Enhanced Steam installed you can see which of these you own and install accordingly.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saints Row 3 -- MB-4DC64BB20930FE93 - Taken by W1SSY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Saints Row 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why not just put a sell button on the card on the badges screen to avoid a cluttered inventory? (Don't need an answer)

That's actually a good idea! I'll look into this.

Martian

Also Shogun 2 better get cards soon, because thats the only game Im playing at the moment.

Chivalry does not drop cards for me

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's actually a good idea! I'll look into this.

I wish there was a way for me to make my "is this card's price stable enough and high enough to warrant a sale" (since I have 4 pages of cards now).

I usually would copy the name of it, paste on the Market Search, click through it, and then look at the graphic/price of the current cards on sale.

If you could, somehow, make a link to the market entry of that card (for instance, http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Tomb Raider for the Tomb Raider Summer Sale card) on the Badges page (or on the Inventory Listing page), i'd be forever grateful.

The graphic alone (when you're putting something up for sale) is a good indicator, but the lack of the prices of the actual cards available at that moment is a bummer.

rrs

I find trading cards to be an attempt to make the new hats, and by judging their prices it's not going so well. Anyways, e-hats are cooler than not real trading cards.

Tak3n

Banned
Guys I have an important announcement for all us Brits

Here it is, get in your cars, on your bikes et al, and get you asses to Game!

hub_banners_SteamSale.jpg

jshackles

I wish there was a way for me to make my "is this card's price stable enough and high enough to warrant a sale" (since I have 4 pages of cards now).

I usually would copy the name of it, paste on the Market Search, click through it, and then look at the graphic/price of the current cards on sale.

If you could, somehow, make a link to the market entry of that card (for instance, http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Tomb Raider for the Tomb Raider Summer Sale card) on the Badges page (or on the Inventory Listing page), i'd be forever grateful.

Should be easy. Enhanced Steam already adds this link to the Inventory screen as well as the current lowest price. Clicking the sell button from the inventory screen also gives you a sales history graph.

Tempted to get the Tomb Raider bundle but I've been reading that some people have been having issues getting some of the older titles to run on Windows 7. Seems to be some conflicting info out there with claims of "Doesn't work" followed by "Works fine for me!" And so on. Has any one here with Windows 7 grabbed the bundle and tried out the first or second game? Any info would be appreciated.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You sonsa beetches bettah have voted for System Shock 2. In fact, if I can get System Shock 2 and Jamestown and DYAD for cheaper than they are now (or win them in a giveaway), I have something very special in store for everyone...

ZenaxPure

I find trading cards to be an attempt to make the new hats, and by judging their prices it's not going so well. Anyways, e-hats are cooler than not real trading cards.

I almost hate to say it, but, I think if they want cards to become really popular they need to make a f2p game based around them.

I imagine they didn't consider it at first since there were so few cards, but, we've quickly gotten to the point where they could create some game around them.

I almost hate to say it, but, I think if they want cards to become really popular they need to make a f2p game based around them.

I imagine they didn't consider it at first since there were so few cards, but, we've quickly gotten to the point where they could create some game around them.

Something like Magic the gathering with steam cards would be awesome.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Also, Is that a place that lists in an easily clickable list or interface all the "Blown Up" cards art? Some of them are pretty awesome and I never bothered to check them out...

jshackles

Random musings since it's late:

You guys (the world at large) have downloaded Enhanced Steam 37,434 times in the last three days since the sale started. In the last month alone it's been downloaded 75,794 times! I am truly speechless.

If you're planning on seeing Pacific Rim because you think Ellen McLain (voice of Glados from Portal) is awesome, please don't. Most ridiculous movie I've seen in ages. But Ellen McLain is awesome.

Random musings since it's late:

You guys (the world at large) have downloaded Enhanced Steam 37,434 times in the last three days since the sale started. In the last month alone it's been downloaded 75,794 times! I am truly speechless.

If you're planning on seeing Pacific Rim because you think Ellen McLain (voice of Glados from Portal) is awesome, please don't. Most ridiculous movie I've seen in ages. But Ellen McLain is awesome.

Everybody go see the movie anyway, if it flops we will never see another giant mecha movie that is not a Transformers pos.

Omega

Banned
Well you guys have got me 2-1. But I have yet to see a game show up in my badges list until I install the game. Sure it's there after the game has been installed and still there after a game is uninstalled. But I havent seen any game with freshly added badges, like today with The Witcher 2, show up in my badges list until I installed it.

I only have CS: GO and Hotline Miami stalled with cards, but it shows me Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3, The Witcher 2, Super Meat Boy, L4D2 and Scribblenauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom