• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Go see the movie anyway, if it flops we will never see another giant mecha movie that is not a Transformers pos.

I hate to say this, but I thought it was worse than Transformers. And I loathed Transformers. Which was weird, because I know one of the actors in it personally.

PriitV

Random musings since it's late:

You guys (the world at large) have downloaded Enhanced Steam 37,434 times in the last three days since the sale started. In the last month alone it's been downloaded 75,794 times! I am truly speechless.

If you're planning on seeing Pacific Rim because you think Ellen McLain (voice of Glados from Portal) is awesome, please don't. Most ridiculous movie I've seen in ages. But Ellen McLain is awesome.
My 12-year old me was very happy with the movie and would recommend it seeing on a big screen. Damn those jaegers and kaijus, also, the voice of glados was so different from the games/trailer that I didn't even notice that it was her at first.

I hate to say this, but I thought it was worse than Transformers. And I loathed Transformers. Which was weird, because I know one of the actors in it personally.

I'm not talking about Pacific Rim 2, I'm talking live action Evangelion, or any other possible future awesome giant mecha movie.

Please everybody support Pacific Rim if you are interested in the genre.

Random musings since it's late:

You guys (the world at large) have downloaded Enhanced Steam 37,434 times in the last three days since the sale started. In the last month alone it's been downloaded 75,794 times! I am truly speechless.

I just downloaded it a few hours ago. Awesome extension!

Cynar

You sonsa beetches bettah have voted for System Shock 2. In fact, if I can get System Shock 2 and Jamestown and DYAD for cheaper than they are now (or win them in a giveaway), I have something very special in store for everyone...
Bad rats?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My 12-year old me was very happy with the movie and would recommend it seeing on a big screen. Damn those jaegers and kaijus, also, the voice of glados was so different from the games/trailer that I didn't even notice that it was her at first.

True. 12-year-old-me would have loved it. And the voice being different in the trailer was intentional.

Milamber

Trading cards need to evolve to the next step...

ACHIEVEMENT MILESTONES! Where completing certain achievements ingame will net you special cards that can be traded/collected/crafted.

OH MY GOSH, TOMB RAIDER IS CHEAP.
I want that and Sleepy Dawgs from this sale, but I think I missed the Dawgs. :/

Also, how is RPG Maker? Is Game Maker: Studio better?
I just want to mess with an RPG, since I'm making a text-based game already.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Sleepy D's will probably be back, don't worry.

jshackles

If you're already making text-based games, RPG Maker is a no-brainer.

I like RPG Maker cause it lets me edit the Ruby files manually so I can tweak the base engine all to hell. Very cool.

Game Maker: Studio is also good but requires significantly more work to accomplish what RPG Maker does.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
OMG, Authoritative Shark gifted me Tomb Raider Collection while I was at work...wow. I'm speechless. I don't think he posts in this thread much, but holy shit, thank you. GAF is amazing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I bought it and it seems quite easy to use. Im planning doing my own content for it asap.

mrgone

Maybe EA will one-up Valve with collectable POGs of all their memorable characters. Like Wrex. And Morten. And, um, John Madden.

Sleepy D's will probably be back, don't worry.

Awwwww, yeah. I played a bit of it, and fell in love with it. So good.

If you're already making text-based games, RPG Maker is a no-brainer.

I like RPG Maker cause it lets me edit the Ruby files manually so I can tweak the base engine all to hell. Very cool.

Game Maker: Studio is also good but requires significantly more work to accomplish what RPG Maker does.

Hmm... I'll order it tomorrow, then! Thanks for the help. I'll check RPG Maker out.
Yeah, I just checked out Game Maker's site and... the prices sure influenced the decision too. lol

Any other recommendations of the games on sale?

Lissar

Reluctant Member

If you just want to make an SNES style JRPG, it's great! Especially since you have a ton of assets at your disposal if you are not artistically inclined. And while you don't EVER have to mess around with code, it gives the OPTION which is great for more customization. You aren't stuck with the base system if you don't want to be.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-6F1A963AB76DB04A - Taken by NingenJanai

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Awwwww, yeah. I played a bit of it, and fell in love with it. So good.

Hmm... I'll order it tomorrow, then! Thanks for the help. I'll check RPG Maker out.
Yeah, I just checked out Game Maker's site and... the prices sure influenced the decision too. lol

Any other recommendations of the games on sale?

RollerCoaster Tycoon is always a great choice

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thanks a lot ModBot and the anonymous benefactor.

I should need one more post (this one), to finally become a member! I thought it would be fun if that post was a giveaway. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by ModBot

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Renegade Ops (with both DLC) -- MB-50F019EDEE41E1E3

Haha or not, I thought it was 300 posts to member?

Just wanted to quote this up again since it wasn't taken by anyone. I wanted it, but I've already been greedy enough with Rain Slick ep3, so I'm not eligible. But wanted to make sure multivac's giveway doesn't go to waste!

Pandemic

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hot damn, I missed it.. And not even how sure this giveaway bot works.

jshackles

My only complaint with RPG Maker is that the default resolution is something funky like 544x410. The engine only supports resolutions up to 640x480 due to memory mapping limitations.

Still a great product but I can't help but think this is 2013 and nobody runs anything at 640x480 any more.

Jzero

I hate that the sales aren't how they used to be. Damn people with 20 accounts had to fuck it up for everyone else.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Space Rangers -- MB-B1CCAFD562747F10 - Taken by jshackles

Since I won surgen simulator I'd like to give something. Hopefully someone enjoys the game.

Blitzhex

Are there other TBS games on Steam like Heroes VI apart from Kings Bounty? Tried out Heroes VI demo, it was awesome, but I've heard the full game has lots of bugs that render it unplayable at times because of Uplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom