• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland1979

There's nothing more teasing than buying so many games while waiting for PC parts for my build to arrive.

Where in the same boat. So far I bought for my new rig:

Arma 3
Dear Esther
The Waking Dead
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Dark Souls
Command & Conquer 3
Tropico 4
Counter Strike Global Offense
Garry's Mod

Genji

Some good indie games:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-D1F016892AC1ECEB - Taken by perfect free
McPixel -- MB-BF1B2C173161B347 - Taken by Wario64
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-97F1D759D707AFE4 - Taken by 3pheMeraLmiX

ModBot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO -- MB-E23F4886229A8CAE - Taken by Falifax
Space Rangers -- MB-6211AC46DA0B95C7
Death To spies -- MB-CFC512243B5226F5 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Star Wolves -- MB-549BCD0B6D21F358 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Theatre of War 2 -- MB-B594B80F0B185A1D - Taken by N.A
Rig 'N Roll -- MB-B80D00FF1D1FACA7
Anodyne -- MB-5C07A08D06ACD50F
Alan Wak's American Nightmare -- MB-A71E707DFB858CA8 - Taken by jtb
Alan Wake -- MB-08EBDC96D131734A - Taken by xBlain
Reign of Conflict -- MB-AF14FAB018C292D6
Defenders of Ardania -- MB-7D4D3C0AE87A0E52

Some of these keys are old, forgive me if they don't work.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Adventures of Shiggy (might be used I dunno) -- MB-772D9E6AC5E50A78 - Taken by Alien Bob

Neki

I was going to gift a game but I randomly put it in my inventory when I was checking the link and now it won't send another one. xD

any ideas? maybe I just have to wait until tomorrow

catabarez

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Deadlight -- MB-082FE7CB9566175D - Taken by IcyRhythms

Part 1 of the giveaway. Doing this from my phone sucks.

Roland1979

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Adventures of Shiggy (might be used I dunno) -- MB-772D9E6AC5E50A78 - Taken by Alien Bob

Adventures of Shuggy you mean?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Okay, so after playing it I feel I should give a bit of a warning to anyone who is considering picking up I Am Alive before the flash sale ends: this is a port of a downloadable 360 game. It looks better than it did on consoles, but it definitely isn't going to blow anyone away. It also doesn't seem to like being downsampled. Lots of flickering. Bumped it down to 1080 and it looks fine. Still super atmospheric, but not the prettiest game out there.

I still love it, though. Survivor difficulty is a firm kick in the balls. The first confrontation left me a sliver away from death, and I had to selfishly use the only available first aid kit on myself instead of a mother's dying son. That didn't feel too good. There is a painful lack of items, so every single can of soda you find is like a gift from god.

The climbing in this game makes Uncharted and Tomb Raider look like babby games.

Also, I got The Walking Dead. Just played through chapter one today and loved it so far. The story telling is really well done. As usual, though, TellTale's programming leaves a lot to be desired. Lots of weird bugs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was hoping for a Miyamoto biographical game :(

Nope not this time.

328937YEGD_w.jpg

vall03

Well, I ended up choosing Geometry Wars. Will just wait for the next Steam Sale to get Waves. Don't want to spend much since I'm saving my money for SMTIV.

Rubius

Hey guys, quick question. Anybody else, kinda feeling bad or trying to not buy some games for collection puposes? I always feel like I want to save the buy for the retail version of the game if I find it.
Mostly because I'm scared that if Steam dies, all of what I purchased will too.

For example, I want to try Civ 5, since it seem like a nice entry game for the franchise. But I kinda want to wait for the Platinium version with all the DLC and buy it for 40$ at retail.

I feel that its... better? for the company to see that people are willing to buy at retail price?

I dont know, I always try to focus on indie title only on steam for that reason.

So do I need five posts in this thread to be eligible for the ModBot giveaways, even if I have five or more in the main Steam thread?

Oh well, I was just looking at Reign of Conflict. I actually can't find that game on Steam or gameplay/a trailer of it on YouTube. Is it supposed to say Reign: Conflict of Nations?

Either way, no biggie ^_^.

On a sale-related note: I wonder if it'd be profitable to horde cards now while people are selling them for dirt-cheap to buy more games, and then sell them later when the market is back from the Steam Sale crash.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm off to bed guys - time to dream about Shiggys.

See you in the morning for the new daily deals!

catabarez

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Mark of The Ninja -- MB-B831B1D94A795803 - Taken by friedeggs

Part 2. Have fun with it!

TUSR

Banned
Hey guys, quick question. Anybody else, kinda feeling bad or trying to not buy some games for collection puposes? I always feel like I want to save the buy for the retail version of the game if I find it.
Mostly because I'm scared that if Steam dies, all of what I purchased will too.

For example, I want to try Civ 5, since it seem like a nice entry game for the franchise. But I kinda want to wait for the Platinium version with all the DLC and buy it for 40$ at retail.

I feel that its... better? for the company to see that people are willing to buy at retail price?

I dont know, I always try to focus on indie title only on steam for that reason.

You're a crazy person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom